“Exceeded expectations - utterly delightful hotel”
Review of Albergo del Senato

Albergo del Senato
Ranked #10 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

From position, to presentation, to rooms, cleanliness and exceptional friendliness and helpfulness of all staff, everything was perfect. Really modern, attractive hotel. Lovely little touches- felt much more luxurious than it's rating. Would definitely stay again. Really good example of a hotel that's worked hard to get things right.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank HTJTSM

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel was selected by my wife for my birthday trip and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a room on 6th floor overlooking the Pantheon.
This hotels's location is perfect. I think it would be impossible to find a more central location than this Square. Despite its centrality we never once felt any noise encroached on our comfort.
The hotel staff were extremely polite, professional and displayed elegant, old fashioned manners. Mauro and Alexandra were the staff we encountered at reception and they had all the grace one might have expected in a luxury hotel from a bygone age. I really can't commend them more highly.
The room had every requirement for a comfortable city break stay. Little touches added to the feel of being cared for. I believe this is a three star hotel - but the details felt more than this.
Robes, slippers, personal grooming equipment, daily news sheets and complimentary drinks on my birthday gave the impression that guests were CARED for.
I would have no reservation in booking this hotel again for a trip to Rome. I got the best night's sleep I have had in months in a comfortable bed- and shutters and blinds ensured I continued to sleep until I woke naturally.
Thank you Senato for a trip I will never forget.

Room Tip: The rooms on the sixth floor or the penthouses ensure you have an inscribe view - but to be honest...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bear M
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here with my 2 brothers and nephew for the Scotland v Italy rugby match last weekend. I was slightly worried by the 3 star rating before I arrived. I needn't have been. The welcome by Mauro was fantastic. He's a class act. The room we had was fairly small for a twin but you forget all of that when you open the window onto the square and the view of the Pantheon. Stunning. We have stayed in some of Rome's finest hotels including The Hassler twice. I'd go back here in a heartbeat. Clean, very friendly staff, very reasonable rates and a fantastic location. Well done to Mauro and the whole team.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Pantheon. It's one of the best views I've had anywhere in the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank iainm638
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in June 2009 before boarding our cruise ship ... and I can say without any hesitation that I would stay there again if we go to Rome again. The small size coupled with an unbeatable location, a friendly staff, and the views of the city from the rooftop bar all combined to make Albergo del Senato a special place.

Breakfast was excellent, and there are an abundance of food choices within easy walking distance. The only time we took a taxi was to go to the Vatican ... A must given the distance. Everything else we walked to, which helped to walk off the pizza and gelato!

If you want to feel like you're touching the culture of Rome, then you will be hard-pressed to find a better place to stay. And when you are sitting at the rooftop bar enjoying a nice glass of the local vino and see the Vatican all lit up in the distance, you will know exactly why this hotel is so special!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cricketts108
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The staff are great and you can't beat the location. It's also clean. The only real concern is why I had to pay an extra 15 euro a night for a 2 year old and I never received a cot for her as promised.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank marcmaric
DelSenato, Manager at Albergo del Senato, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Sir / Madame,
First of all thank you for taking the time to write a review which helps us to improve the service of our hotel. We are sorry to learn about your concern regarding the extra charge of Euro 15 per night, probably caused by a misunderstanding.

I would like to clarify the situation in order to prevent the happening again to all future guests.

When an infant (0 – 2 years old) share a double room with their parents no extra charge will be applied. No extra cot can be placed in the room because of limited space and they must share bed with parents. If you need a crib you need to reserve a triple room where it’s included in the room rate.
For children completed 2 years, when sharing a double room with their parents, there is an extra charge of Euro 15 per night.

We apologize for not being clear enough in explaining by your arrival and do hope to welcome you back to Rome and our hotel in the next future.

With Kind Regards

Ann Johansson
a.johansson@albergodelsenato.it
Deputy Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Albergo del Senato is in a great location-right out the front door is the Pantheon! Our room was a comfortable size; breakfast was great, and the staff were uniformly helpful. It's a special place to stay when you visit Rome.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hrtraveler
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Brilliant location lovely room and very nice and friendly staff. The breakfast is limited- if you are used to other European breakfast buffets you may find this a bit disappointing- other than that it can't be faulted

• Stayed: February 2014