“Stay Here.....It is Simply the Best!”
Review of Albergo del Senato

Albergo del Senato
Ranked #9 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a perfect location right next to the Pantheon and a great find for all our future trips to Rome. This seems to be a common theme as other guests we spoke to were return customers. The front desk staff are wonderful and could not have been more friendly, pleasant or helpful. They volunteered to make several phone calls helping us find our luggage that had been lost at the pier by the cruise company, successfully locating it and arranging for delivery to the hotel while we were out touring. They all went above and beyond our service expectations in this incident and also during our entire stay by recommending their favourite eating places including the best gelato place of our entire cruise which is only 5 minutes walk away. Be sure to ask about this place as it is on our can't be missed list! We really enjoyed the wonderful buffet breakfast and the pleasant staff there as well. We had a room with a view of the Pantheon and the square and while it was a hub of activity, we were amazed at how effectively the two sets of outside shutters/windows silenced the noise when closed. We often left our windows open during the evening to enjoy the great music of the bands playing below. We slept very well in our well air conditioned and spotlessly clean view room. We also enjoyed sunset from their rooftop bar which has a wonderful view of the square and city.

Despite the inconvenience of missing luggage for two days, staying at this hotel more than made up for it by its location, exceptional service and wonderful breakfast. This is not a hotel that rides on its location only, it is clearly well managed to very high standards of excellence in all respects.

Thanks to Albergo Del Senato for your assistance and a great stay! We WILL be back!

Room Tip: We were in a beautifully decorated corner room ( #407) and really enjoyed the Pantheon and square vi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank CalgaryGrandparents

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here last year and liked it so much that we stayed again this week for three nights. We had newly remodeled room 107 a jr suite facing the Pantheon. The room was comfortable and quiet however the 2nd room is very small and we had a lot of travel luggage and made it work. We had an A.C problem and wanted anohte room which was not available however they worked for over ahalf hour and from then on the room was cool and comfortable. this being said we would always stay here as the staff is really helpful and the room spotless.
They go out of their way to please the guests and we had a real early flight and so they held our bags downstairs overnight so we could get a fast start to the airport.They alos offerred an early Cappucino which we did not get to enjoy however a nice gesture.
Stay here and you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Chose an apartment room as they are a bit larger than most
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank genebeans
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Albergo del Senato located at the Pantheon is an amazing hotel. All the staff are most helpful and pleasant. They went way out of their way to help us with several requests. The rooms are lovely and if you can tolerate a bit of noise, it is well worth it to ask for a street view. You overlook the piazza and the Pantheon and the night fun. Short walk from most monuments and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for street view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

For reference, I traveled around Italy for two weeks and stayed in four different hotels in four cities. All of the hotels were in comparable price ranges and were comparable quality.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location cannot be beat, and my room had a direct view of the Pantheon!!! There is a taxi line just across the square and lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

The hotel itself is pretty small and cramped, and that is my only complaint. There is a winding staircase and a very small, very slow elevator. The rooms are nice and comfortable but my room was also small. The bed was comfortable and firm and there were four pillows on the bed. The a/c worked very well and I could control the temperature (it was very hot outside!)

The bathroom was very nice and clean but also cramped and with very little counter space to put your toiletry bag. My hairdryer barely worked and would overheat and stop working entirely every minute or two.

Breakfast was exactly the same everywhere I went. Most of the food here was really good and the service was good too. The rooftop terrace was very nice for drinks and snacks.

The front desk workers were SO helpful! They recommended restaurant, made reservations, and gave good directions. I think I got the best customer service at this hotel.

I definitely recommend this hotel to any tourist in Rome!

Room Tip: You can ask for a view of the Pantheon :)
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ernalittle
Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a perfect location and taste of Rome , loved the service!, the breakfast and easy access to all Rome has to offer! can walk everywhere definitely would say book it and don't think twice! You will be so glad you did!

Room Tip: Higher floor facing Pantheon
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Albergo del Senato is brilliant- well located, well maintained and the staff were unfailingly friendly, helpful and generous. I had a first floor room that looked on to the Pantheon. The upstairs terrace bar is extraordinary with views over the Pantheon and the city itself.

I was especially impressed by my drive to the airport when I left. The hotel organised a driver for me. The drive to the airport was very comfortable but when we got there I had 70 euros (a 50 and a 20) and the trip was only 55 and the driver had no change. I said that it didn’t matter, he should just take the 70. The driver refused saying it was too much. He said that he would wait for me while I got change inside the terminal. I had a quick look inside and it seemed too difficult so went back to the car and tried to give him the 70. Again he refused but took the 20 euro note and went and got change off another driver. As a final impression of the hotel and the service this was outstanding. I can’t wait to stay at the Senato next time I am in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank zipper12
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a great hotel, that is very centrally located in Rome. We stayed here for 2 nights in June 2014 and had a fantastic experience. Our room (101) was HUGE, with two beds on the main level, and two more in a loft above. There is a walk-in closet and a very large bathroom. The only slight negative is lack of light- the room faces an interior courtyard so the one window basically opens up into a wall.

The location is great for sightseeing. Steps from the pantheon, and walking distance to all of the major sights in Rome. You can't miss the view from the rooftop bar! The concierge, Mauro, was also incredibly helpful with dinner reservations and recommendations.

I would highly recommend this hotel for first time visitors to Rome. The next time I visit Rome, I may opt to stay slightly off the tourist path, but you can't beat the proximity to all the sights.

Room Tip: Ask for 101 if you are travelling with 3-4 people.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family