“Wonderful hotel for family vacation”
Review of Albergo del Senato

Albergo del Senato
Ranked #9 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just had three day trip to Rome. This hotel is wonderfully situated next to the pantheon and the room was a great hit with our twins aged 11 (two single beds plus a double plus a sitting room area). We stayed in room 501. Our room didn't face the Pantheon, however, it was much better for us as it was very quiet (quieter than facing the Pantheon we expect). However the best part was the fantastic front desk staff. All were incredibly helpful and welcoming. It all made for a great visit to Rome. We would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome.

There are newer reviews for Albergo del Senato

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We liked the hotel. The basics, location, location, location. I would open my curtains and BAM there was the Pantheon 30 feet from me. Really quite amazing. The rooms are tiny by my standards and the bathroom almost made me crazy because I had about 2 sq feet of counter space. All that aside, I loved the front desk staff, and the location. The beds were fine. I could have done with a little more fluff. So small rooms, nice people, okay breakfast, perfect location. That's my opinion.

Room Tip: A room with a view of Pantheon a MUST! I actually am not sure I would stay here again if I didn'...
1  Thank CATravelingfool
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hotel with fantastic location overlooking the Pantheon. Our first stay we had a room overlooking the square, but this time our room was over a side alley - still very atmospheric. The room was very comfortable - double glazed and air conditioned but with the advantage of being able to open windows to soak in the atmosphere. Good range of toiletries and good shower.
Watch and listen to the swift early morning and enjoy the atmosphere of the piazza della rotunda in the evening, with the buskers playing everything from the eagles to pink Floyd.
It has an amazing roof top bar with views over Rome.
Breakfast buffet extensive and included in our room price.
A big thank you to the reception staff who are incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Fork out for a room overlooking the square if you can afford it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a perfect location right next to the Pantheon and a great find for all our future trips to Rome. This seems to be a common theme as other guests we spoke to were return customers. The front desk staff are wonderful and could not have been more friendly, pleasant or helpful. They volunteered to make several phone calls helping us find our luggage that had been lost at the pier by the cruise company, successfully locating it and arranging for delivery to the hotel while we were out touring. They all went above and beyond our service expectations in this incident and also during our entire stay by recommending their favourite eating places including the best gelato place of our entire cruise which is only 5 minutes walk away. Be sure to ask about this place as it is on our can't be missed list! We really enjoyed the wonderful buffet breakfast and the pleasant staff there as well. We had a room with a view of the Pantheon and the square and while it was a hub of activity, we were amazed at how effectively the two sets of outside shutters/windows silenced the noise when closed. We often left our windows open during the evening to enjoy the great music of the bands playing below. We slept very well in our well air conditioned and spotlessly clean view room. We also enjoyed sunset from their rooftop bar which has a wonderful view of the square and city.

Despite the inconvenience of missing luggage for two days, staying at this hotel more than made up for it by its location, exceptional service and wonderful breakfast. This is not a hotel that rides on its location only, it is clearly well managed to very high standards of excellence in all respects.

Thanks to Albergo Del Senato for your assistance and a great stay! We WILL be back!

Room Tip: We were in a beautifully decorated corner room ( #407) and really enjoyed the Pantheon and square vi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank CalgaryGrandparents
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here last year and liked it so much that we stayed again this week for three nights. We had newly remodeled room 107 a jr suite facing the Pantheon. The room was comfortable and quiet however the 2nd room is very small and we had a lot of travel luggage and made it work. We had an A.C problem and wanted anohte room which was not available however they worked for over ahalf hour and from then on the room was cool and comfortable. this being said we would always stay here as the staff is really helpful and the room spotless.
They go out of their way to please the guests and we had a real early flight and so they held our bags downstairs overnight so we could get a fast start to the airport.They alos offerred an early Cappucino which we did not get to enjoy however a nice gesture.
Stay here and you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Chose an apartment room as they are a bit larger than most
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank genebeans
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Albergo del Senato located at the Pantheon is an amazing hotel. All the staff are most helpful and pleasant. They went way out of their way to help us with several requests. The rooms are lovely and if you can tolerate a bit of noise, it is well worth it to ask for a street view. You overlook the piazza and the Pantheon and the night fun. Short walk from most monuments and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for street view.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

For reference, I traveled around Italy for two weeks and stayed in four different hotels in four cities. All of the hotels were in comparable price ranges and were comparable quality.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location cannot be beat, and my room had a direct view of the Pantheon!!! There is a taxi line just across the square and lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

The hotel itself is pretty small and cramped, and that is my only complaint. There is a winding staircase and a very small, very slow elevator. The rooms are nice and comfortable but my room was also small. The bed was comfortable and firm and there were four pillows on the bed. The a/c worked very well and I could control the temperature (it was very hot outside!)

The bathroom was very nice and clean but also cramped and with very little counter space to put your toiletry bag. My hairdryer barely worked and would overheat and stop working entirely every minute or two.

Breakfast was exactly the same everywhere I went. Most of the food here was really good and the service was good too. The rooftop terrace was very nice for drinks and snacks.

The front desk workers were SO helpful! They recommended restaurant, made reservations, and gave good directions. I think I got the best customer service at this hotel.

I definitely recommend this hotel to any tourist in Rome!

Room Tip: You can ask for a view of the Pantheon :)
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple