“Wow! great hotel great location!”
Review of Albergo del Senato

Albergo del Senato
Ranked #9 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
limerick ireland
“Wow! great hotel great location!”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My third time to rome and this was the best hotel. Always stayed out of town thinking in town would cost alot more. I was wrong. This hotel is, great value for money, extremely clean and saves you alot of walking to get to all the great sights and at night you just step outside the door and you are in the heart of everything. The staff were more than helpful, we mainly dealt with Allessandra on reception and she was so pleasant. Offered to print off my plane seat booking for me. The breakfast was georgous, on one morning we left just as breakfast started to get in line for the Sistine Chapel (yeh get there early!!) and one of the waitresses wraped croissants and biscuits and fruit for us to take with us, not to many hotels would do that for you.It is so close to the Pantheon if you stretched your hand you'd nearly touch it. Imagine being able to go into the Pantheon first thing and have it all to yourself, going for a stroll before breakfast and being the first to the Trevi Fountain or first to Piazza Navona, dont imagine go stay at this hotel and make it all come true!!Overall this hotel made our trip relaxing, worry free and most of all enjoyable. Would I stay here again? I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank peglimerick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 22 September 2009

This trip was our second time in Rome and it was faultless. This hotel was fantastically located for all of the sights, going from one end of the city, the colosseum, up to st peters and the spanish steps and beyond. We walked everywhere, taking in the sights as we strolled along the cobbled streets and ate ice creams. It was heaven. The breakfasts in the hotel were great and my only criticism would be that the dining room gets a little packed from 915 onwards and we did have to wait 10 minutes one day but that is the only genuine criticism. Our room was bigger than expected and although it didn't look out onto the piazza and pantheon (we had room 309) we had no complaints. The staff were always helpful and accomodated us when we checked out at 0430 to catch our budget airways flight back home. There is a mini bar in the room which was a nice touch but to be honest we walked to the bearby 'de spar' and bought the odd bottle of beer which was really cheap as nastro azzurro (peroni to you and me) was expensive in the bars and restaurants. Rome can be enjoyed on a budget even in this current economic climate!
Look out for Goilitti's which is a meeting place a couple of streets away from the hotel which serves the best ice cream and ice cream type desserts ive ever tasted.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a central location with comfortable clean rooms with a couple of extras like the mini bar and turn down service at night. There is also a roof terrace with a bar which has fantastic views of the piazza and rome which is gorgeous at night. We will most definately be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank molineux1
South Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2009

This is a luxury hotel. The superior location right next to the Pantheon probably justifies the high cost, but you get all the other perks for the cost, like bathrobes, full big shower,concierge services, and best of all a big window you can open to take in all the Plaza action & the Pantheon. We were tired after a full day & it is nice to only have a short stroll to superior restaurants. Previously I stayed by the Vatican, but now much prefer this part of Rome.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank flajann
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I just had to add my 2 cents to the chorus praising this hotel. First, there is something unbelievably cool about stepping onto the balcony of your room and looking out over the Pantheon, almost close enough to touch. (Sometimes being a tourist means your inner geek has to be humored.) Second, the staff was unfailingly attentive and friendly. Third, the suite we stayed in was quite comfortable (but a typical older European size that others may find a bit cramped). The only item I wasn't happy with was the inconsistent wifi connection in the room. We kept getting thrown off the web. A small annoyance but even when on vacation I need trouble-free access to my office. That said, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dcdowntown
New York
Reviewed 10 September 2009

This hotel was recommeded by friends of ours. It is located adjacent to the Pantheon and the view from our hotel was spectacular. The service was excellent and we enjoyed the breakfast which was provided. I highly recommend this hotel for its amenities, location, spectafular view and excellent service- all at a great price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne99NY
Hampshire
Reviewed 9 September 2009

After all the great reviews from other trip advisors, we booked this hotel for our Rome Trip, it was our honeymoon so we prebooked a view of the pantheon. Wow, how amazing!!!

The hotel arranged to collect us from the Airport, excellent service. Check in was quick and easy too.

Our Room was lovely, it was a corner room, think the number was 417 but I can't be sure. it was beautifully decorated, it also had tea and coffee making facilities which is a bonus in Italy as its not the norm to have this. LCD TV (not that you'd go to Rome to watch TV!), bed was extremely comfortable, the Alarm clock was one of those SAD lights which start to gradually illuminate from 10 mins before the alarm goes off and then the alarm starts making birdie noices, really lovely way to wake up each morning (We had to buy one when we got home!)
Bathroom was great too, very well decorated, shower was fantastically powerful, didnt want to get out of it.
Mauro on the front desk was great, he recommended so many good restaurants, some expensive, some not so expensive. He really looked after us.
Another nice touch was when we got back from dinner, we found they had been in and turned down our bed, little mats next to the bed along with slippers.

If you go to Rome and want a nice hotel to stay in, dont look elsewhere, this place is perfect, so very central with great views. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsCP
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I'm so glad I booked this place for our 3 nights in Rome. Most of the other reviews cover the benefits of choosing the Senato so I'll simply say that we stayed here with a 7 yr old and an 18 mth old and had a great stay. The location is great; the staff welcoming, friendly and professional; I have no complaints on the room and if I return to Rome I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family