Hotel Hassler
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Scalinata di Spagna(Rome)
  • Restaurant
1,133 results
All reviewsspanish stepsmichelin star restaurantfloor terraceseventh floorconcierge staffluxury hotelwalk in closeteternal citybeautiful hotelvia condottirooftop restaurantdeluxe roombreakfast buffetperfect locationroman holidaypiazza di spagnasmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I love this place.It is very romantic right by the Spanish steps.Service was great.This was my second trip.Elegant, sophisticated luxury with just the right addition of modern touches,Each and every staff member was kind, helpful and professional. From the doormen who addressed me by name each day, the courteous hosts and wait staff in the restaurants, the ever helpful and knowledgeable reception staff and concierge

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete G
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen for the second time to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note full of appreciation.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the ambience and the staff attention and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments to each and everyone.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The service at this hotel is the very definition of graciousness and kindness. Example: I've never arrived on an early flight from the US and had my room ready. it's always "please go have breakfast" or "Would you like to use the spa for the next few hours?" I understand, the early arrival time of flights from the US makes it very difficult for hotels to prepare the room. However, when we checked in at 8 am, our room was not ready. I asked if they perhaps had another room that was ready. The two at reception consulted one another, looked at the computer, made a phone cll and I was offered the choice of a.) waiting for my room, which they happily told me was prime with a beautiful view; b) taking a larger room without the great view; or c) going to a very small room for a few hours to rest while the original room was gotten ready. Never have I gone straight to my room, let alone been offered a choice. I chose option b, the larger room without the view, and it was lovely, with a view of the garden courtyard. It was spacious and immaculate. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the bathroom was the size of my first apartment!
The concierge took care of everything I asked, from restaurant reservations to shopping tips; the cleaning staff was magical--they clearly kept track of when we left and had everything tidied when we got back. The entire staff was friendly and gracious.
We had planned to stay in central Rome for 4 days and then go to an outlying hotel with a big spa and pool for a few days r&r after so much touring. I really hated to leave the Hassler, but did need the r&r. We ended up coming back to the Hassler each of the 3 days, either to have tea in the lobby, meet friends, and once for the beauty salon (the 'Spa hotel' had no hair salon). We were welcomed back each time like long lost guests. I cannot say enough good things about this fine hotel.

Room Tip: I am sure the front facing rooms are lovely, but don't worry if you don't get one, you can use the 'balcony' on the top floor and order lunch or dinner from room service up there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy B
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome and also for having taken the time to share your beautiful words of praise.

It is my life long aim, to render the stay of my every guest a memorable experience, of our renowned care and attention and your comments make me feel that this time I succeeded. It was a pleasure to extend your kind words of appreciation to the entire team.

On a closing note, I hope the future holds in store other opportunities for you to return and repeat and maybe even exceed this experience!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

You know you are in a hotel with high standards when the bartender states he simply could not serve me a Bellini because fresh peaches were not in season - that in a nutshell is the level of perfection one can expect at the Hassler.

Elegant, sophisticated luxury with just the right addition of modern touches, the Hassler is simply divine perfection. Our room was exquisite- the most comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom with incredibly luxurious linens & towels and their exclusive Amorvero toiletry line. Quiet temperature control, well planned spaces for storing luggage and clothing, daily water and a well stocked mini bar made the room a perfect oasis from daily sightseeing.

However, in my experience, it is the people who make a hotel experience stand out and that is where the Hassler "nails it". Each and every staff member was kind, helpful and professional. From the doormen who addressed me by name each day, the courteous hosts and wait staff in the restaurants, the ever helpful and knowledgeable reception staff and concierge to the night manager who thought to send up coffee at 4:30 am knowing we'd miss breakfast on the way to the airport - each made our family feel like "family" and not merely guests.

Hands down, the best location in Rome atop the Spanish Steps, with views that are unparalleled. We were able to walk everywhere, although there are always taxis outside and a nearby Metro station.

Sitting in the Fiumicino airport dealing with canceled flights, literally the only thing that kept me from going crazy was closing my eyes and meditating on the perfection of our stay at Hassler Roma! Hope to return again...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SUSAN S

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note full of appreciation.

I am happy that you found everything to your satisfaction. My aim, in the hotel business, is to allow my guests to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and in a great location if you have the money. We were there in November around Thanksgiving time and not the busiest time for traveling in Italy. The rooms were wonderful but the service we experienced was far from wonderful. The people who worked in the bar and restaurant seemed to have ZERO personality. We sat at the bar for about 15 minutes before we even received service and even at that point the bar tender barely had a smile on his face. There seemed to be no excitement in this hotel, it could have just been this time of year short staffed perhaps, but as we looked around the restaurant while we sat there the people seemed to be a bit stuffy. The location is great due to the fact that it is located on the top of the Spanish Steps. My husband and I would look for a different hotel if we were to travel back to Rome.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marci5
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having decided to share your comments about your stay at the Hassler last November. I was pleased to learn that the hotel, the rooms and the location was to your satisfaction.

On another note I was sorry to hear that you found our Salone Eva staff not as friendly as we expect them to be at all times. Please rest assured that your impressions have been drawn to the attention of the Department head.

While apologizing for these inconveniences, I also would like to emphasize my gratitude for drawing to my attention aspects of the service, which thanks to your information, I will be able to correct.

I hope that you do decide to give us another opportunity to demonstrate that maybe we are capable of meeting and even exceeding your expectations during some future return stay.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I recently traveled to Rome for the Conclave and Papal Installation. I usually stay in a small boutique hotel by the Vatican (Paul VI) but they were booked because all of the European media were staying there. We decided to go with a luxury hotel since we could not be as close to the Vatican as we wanted.

We found an incredible deal for the Hassler (Rooms are usually closer to $900us and we paid $550us). I booked the standard twin room (the beds were right next to each other - total Euro style!). The room was incredibly spacious (especially by European standards). We had a love seat and chair, plenty of storage space, two closets and a big bathroom! There were two sinks in the bathroom, a separate toilet room, a towel warmer, and a bathtub/shower combination. The linens were incredibly luxurious, and another feature I loved were the mechanical black out shutters. This cut out ANY light from the room and made for a wonderful night's sleep!

The people at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Carolina. She really made our trip wonderful! I wish I could say the same for the concierge desk - but sadly, the employees working at that desk left a lot to be desired. There were two friendly gentlemen there from time to time, but the "Main" concierge was very rude and unhelpful. He cracked jokes about our lost luggage and seemed incredibly put out anytime we would ask him to call the airport, or help us with other inquiries. At a hotel of this caliber, they really need to reconsider having him at the desk.

The housekeeping staff was wonderful and very trustworthy.

We ate at the hotel's casual lounge several times and the food was perfect every time! The drinks are by no means inexpensive... A grey goose will set you back about 26e! The ambiance of big plush couches, beautiful furniture and a live piano player makes it all seem okay though!

The Hassler's location is great, right at the top of the Spanish Steps (which are quite daunting after a day of touring the city or shopping), but if you need a cab there are always several at the hotel. We walked almost everywhere. It was a 25 minute walk to the Vatican, and 5-10 minute walk from the good shopping.

Our luggage was lost on the way to Rome, so the hotel graciously supplied us with toothbrushes and directions to the shops! I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank stLTravelLover
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your comments.

I was pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the room, the food, the location and the front office and the housekeeping staff was to your satisfaction.

On another note I was sorry to hear that you found one of our Concierge staff not as friendly and helpful as we expect them to be at all times. I have passed your comments to all the staff involved and am closely reviewing your comments.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Greetings from the Eternal City!