“Exceptional”

Ranked #41 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Rome, Italy
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

There is nothing wrong with the hotel Hassler. Everything is fantastic, especially the concierge, Dennis, who is exceptionally good, he sorted everything we needed.
The hotel Hassler consider every little detail, even the slippers and dressing gowns have different coloured trims so you know who's is who. I have never seen this at any other hotel, ever.
The breakfast buffet has amazing pancakes and the restaurant on the top has lovely views with a great atmosphere.
The Art Deco bedrooms are lovely and comfortable. There is plenty of cupboard room too.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the hotel Hassler and would definitely recommend it. If I was ever to come back to Rome, I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome but also for having taken the time to share your comments with your beautiful words of praise.

My aim as a family hotelier, with five generations of tradition, is to provide a blend of service and atmosphere, to make you feel that each stay is a home away from home experience and with your comments make me feel that this time I succeeded. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to Dennis.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

President and Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,121 helpful votes
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We loved our perfectly appointed, Art Deco suite in which attention to detail was obvious. From the moment we arrived the welcome and standards were as we had heard from friends who have been here before us. Even though Dorchester Group (who run our favourite hotels) told us they had taken over the Eden, we didn't switch over our booking. Everything worked to perfection except perhaps the lift door which opens worryingly fast. We appreciated everything about this hotel. Last night we enjoyed listening to two separate pianists in the cocktail bar. The concierge desk is very good indeed. Housekeeping is exceptional. I could write a lengthy review about details such as the high quality sheets....better than average bathroom TV....superb wi-fi.....hardwood flooring in our 100% quiet bedroom....quality of bedroom tea....the welcome...efficiency...location...convenience and above all...the value for money that guests receive. Worth every euro....another great Leading Hotel of the World.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank BarryAscot
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your beautiful comments of praise.

I was pleased to learn that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our renowned quality of service, care and attention. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to all the staff concerned.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've never bothered to write a review before: this hotel is wonderful. You can tell by the map and photos that the views and location are superb, but the service is what really sets them apart. We had a short trip and it was a huge help to depend on the breakfast buffet, the quick room service, drinks on the terrace on the 7th floor, the friendly bartenders, and the miraculous concierge desk. Restaurant reservations, last minute Villa Borghese tickets, great suggestions for a quick Caravaggio fix or a great place for lunch. . . they can do anything. THANK YOU HOTEL HASSLER!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to share with us your satisfaction concerning your recent stay with us.

My aim, in the hotel business, is to allow my clients to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and with your lovely note, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to all the staff concerned.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to return.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

At the top of the Spanish Steps. The entire experience was wonderful. The service (wow), the atmosphere, the food, the rooms--there is no better place to stay in Rome and the rates are very reasonable.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is my constant intention to provide an unforgettable experience, so I was pleased to learn that the service, the atmosphere, the food and the rooms succeeded in meeting your expectations. I would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments to all the staff concerned.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Bernardsville, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The Hassler is right at the top of the Spanish Steps. Walking distance to Campo di Fiore, Piazza Novanna, the Fontana di Trevi, and the Pantheon. Top shopping areas for all the specialty shops. Rooms are large and decorated beautifully with frescos and Italian charm. Staff is helpful and friendly. We had breakfast once in the hotel and ordered omelets which weren't very good. Very expensive for breakfast E80 for two people which is about $120 US. Don't waste your money here for that. Cocktail lounge is lovely with piano music and hey if you can afford to stay here you have to be prepared to pay top dollar for everything because you will. Totally would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your comments, which were much appreciated.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the staff attention and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments to each and everyone.

On a different note I was sorry to learn that the breakfast did not meet your expectations and your opinion is being reviewed by the Department concerned.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

1. Great location: 9/10
2. Great staff: 9/10
3. Small room : 7/10
4. Clean: 8/10
5. Noisy room: 5/10
Overall: 8/10
A great hotel especially for this city standards. But the noise from ladies cleaning the rooms is really terrible!

Panagiotis Iakovis

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Mr. Iakovis,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your comments.

I appreciated you sharing your positive ratings and also took careful note of your remarks about the loud noise, I was very sorry to learn about the inconvenience our housekeeping caused you. Please rest assured that staff concerned have been soundly reprimanded and obliged to drastically improve their behaviour.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

After reading ranking after ranking in certain magazines of this hotel, all ranking it the most highly rated, I had very high expectations. Now let me be clear, I am extremely picky and overall it was very good but it just did not live up to my anticipation. On a positive note the Service was outstanding and the concierges were among the best we encountered during our stay in Italy. We dined at Imago the rooftop restaurant in the hotel, which was excellent and the view was incredible. All of that being said the issue was the overall decor and feel of the hotel- it just seemed terribly dated. Our room was large but needed to be refurbished a couple of years ago. While you can't get a better location than atop the spainish steps you can do much better than to be accosted by gypsies trying to sell you something or stick roses in your hand everytime you walk in and out of the hotel. If it weren't for the outstanding service and the fact that the staff was so nice I'd say skip it.

• Stayed October 2013
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to describe your experience.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dinner at Imàgo Restaurant, the view and the staff attention - and it was nice to be able to pass on your compliments!

On another note, I was sorry to learn that the room you occupied was not to your satisfaction. However, I would like to inform you that renovation works have already begun and are only one aspect of a long term project I have, to restore the Hassler to the initial perfection which my father had back in 1921. Some rooms have already been redesigned, others are being completed at the moment.

I hope you find an occasion to return sometime ahead and do decide to experience the changes for yourself.