“Splendid hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Great location
Good food
Fabulous views
Beautiful rooms
Gracious service with staff that actually seems to care about the guests
No better place to stay in Rome
I have lived there and stayed in many other of the well known hotels
Can't wait to return

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Trave4
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler during your stay in Rome.

I appreciated you sharing your positive comments and that you found everything to your satisfaction, which I was delighted to pass along to all of our staff.

We make it our primary concern to try to exceed guests’ expectations every day, and your confirmation of your positive experience is a great success for us.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City!

President and Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Esher, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We've just come back from Rome - stayed in the Hotel Hassler. The position of this hotel is the best in Rome, walking distance to all the major attractions. The staff were both friendly and professional, rooms were well equipped with probably the most comfortable bed I have ever had in any hotel anywhere in the world! Nothing was too much trouble and they even gave us a bottle of champagne on my partner's birthday. We had a quiet room overlooking the garden inside the hotel which suited us very well but I think we might try a room on one of the upper floors overlooking the city next time - the views are fantastic. Really good breakfast served from 7 to 11 which we had included in the price - try and get this included, it sets you up for the day. It's an expensive hotel - but worth very penny!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one facing the garden on the inside of the hotel. In terms of size...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I came to this hotel on May last year. The trip from the airport was caotic, but by the time y got myself into Piazza dei Monti, everything was perfect. The staff in general were really nice, from the recepcionist to the housekeeper (really clean hotel)
The inside garden was really nice, good music and excepcional service.
My room was the 608, on my opinion the best choice I have ever taken ! the terraze shows you the whole rome and with a nice drink you can spend hours and hours dreaming about the historical background of the hotel and the old empire.
Thank you to the whole service that make me keep dreaming of going back to this wonderful place inside the most beautiful city in the world!!!

Room Tip: 608 small but every square would be worthit !!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest ,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome.

I appreciated you sharing your ratings and am happy that you found everything to your satisfaction.

It is indeed our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to make their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible.

I am therefore glad that you enjoyed being here and that you found the service and attention memorable.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future, for dreaming another time in our hotel.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

When in Rome- go to the Hassler. Location, location, location. As if location wasn't enough, the exceptional service and opulent guest rooms will leave you more than satisfied. Expensive, but oh so worth it

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to learn of your appreciation of the hotel’s location, but moreover of our rooms and service. I will certainly share this with all of our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed in September 2013 and get goosebumps when I think of the service and staff at the Hassler.The brilliance of this hotel was you didn't want for anything as everything was taken care of before you'd even thought of it. You weren't even allowed to touch the entrance doors as they were whisked open for you every time and I was greeted by name. After a days shopping on Via Condotti my shopping bags were whisked away and placed artfully in my suite with my favourite drink awaiting me in the bar. The views of all of Rome from my terrace took my breath away. The turn down service at night was also amazing with amazing little touches that just make you feel ever so special. This hotel is magical and is the only hotel id stay at in Rome.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest ,

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future,

Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is not only beautiful but has a view not to miss sitting at the top of the Spanish steps in the heart of Rome. The hotel staff is top notch and the rooms were just magnificent! We will be back :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your beautiful comments of praise.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note about the rooms, the staff and the view gave me great satisfaction.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Greetings from the Eternal City!

Kindest regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Most of my reviews are long overdue--sorry. A hectic schedule never allowed time for me to write reviews after travelling. But due to the fact that Trip Advisor has ALWAYS helped us with our itineraries, I’m finally making time.

We stayed at Hotel Hassler for 4 nights in July 2013 and had a wonderful stay. Our travel agent booked a Deluxe Room for us. We were on the 5th floor with a fantastic view of the Spanish Steps. It was great for people watching. While the room was one of the older ones and could probably use a makeover, it was quite comfortable with a classic, old-world feel. The location of the hotel was ideal for us. The staff was quite helpful but what made the stay fun and memorable for us was Palm Court, the hotel's outdoor restaurant and bar. After our daily treks through the city, we would end up at Palm Court every day for tea, drinks, and sometimes dinner. The staff at Palm Court is the absolute BEST, most of whom have been there for many years. It was summer so we were lucky enough to enjoy their legendary Bellinis, which was one of the best we've ever had, rivalling Harry's Bar in Venice. This will sound strange to some, but we actually enjoyed our imprompu dinners at Palm Court more than our dinner at Imago--their Michelin star restaurant on the top floor.

At the end of a day, no matter how beautiful the decor, it is the staff and service that makes a difference for us when staying at any hotel. Hotel Hassler definitely lived up to our expectations. Another unique thing we noticed was that Hotel Hassler CEO is a hands-on hotelier. Although we did not speak to him personally, we saw Roberto Wirth everyday, usually in Palm Court interacting with hotel guests. (We often like to stay at luxury hotels in Europe and we have never seen this type of interaction anywhere.)

We will be returning to Rome in June 2014 and we plan to stay at Hotel Hassler again!

Room Tip: If you can't get a room with a view, they have a fantastic viewing terrace with chairs and table...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DP234
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note full of appreciation.

I am happy that you found everything to your satisfaction. My aim, in the hotel business, is to allow my clients to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself. Moreover, I would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments to all the staff concerned.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Kind regards,