“Amazing hotel, what a location!”
Review of Hotel Hassler

Hotel Hassler
Ranked #24 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed in the Hotel Hassler in May 2014. The hotel is situated right on the Spanish Steps, what a location! Our room was a recently refurbished deluxe which was well appointed and very comfortable. The service was very good, especially the front desk who take you up to show you your room - a tradition we wish was still in place at all good hotels! The staff in general have a real pride in the place which is nice.

We also ate in the Imago restaurant - quite exceptional food which a view to die for across the roof tops of Rome!

We had a lovely stay - thank you Hassler Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front so you get the view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to learn that you really enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Hassler. Thank you for choosing the Hassler for your stay in Rome and for sharing your comments of appreciation.

We aim to make your stay as memorable and comfortable as possible and I am happy to know that especially appreciated the welcome and professional service of our staff. Your lovely comments have been passed on to all our staff members.

I am also pleased to know that you dined at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and that you enjoyed the spectacular view accompanied by the exceptional cuisine prepared by our Chef Apreda.

I hope the future will hold many more opportunities for you to stay at the Hassler as well as dine at the Imàgo restaurant.

Greetings from Rome!

President and Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Hotel Hassler was turned out to be a fantastic choice for a honeymoon hotel. Being given a corner grand deluxe room we had stunning views over the city of Rome from above the top of the Spanish Steps. The room was luxuriously appointed and all the staff were professional, helpful and courteous and breakfast options were plentiful.

Room Tip: Corner grand deluxe with views of Rome.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased to know you chose to stay at the Hassler for your honeymoon. Auguri!

Knowing we participated in making your honeymoon extra special is a great satisfaction and I am very happy to learn you enjoyed the view and your grand deluxe room. I will also be very pleased to pass on your lovely comments to our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Hassler again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were invited to its modern restaurant by friends wealthy enough to stay, where Grace Kelly,Victoria Beckham and Tomkat,let alone,Gweneth,are regulars.
From our perspective ,looking at our mates's digs,they were certainly celeb status,with classic,good taste in furnishings,gilded furniture,Limoges porcelain,French silks,playful frescoes with kilometres of marble.

Dining at 'Image' is the quintessetional experience,not just for its tucker but the heart-stopping vistas of St.Peters Basilica and Rome's terra-cotta tiled roofs. We stopped at the desk for the souvenir cards and brochure and were amazed at the service of the concierge,who planned our next route through the Villa Borghese Gardens,near the hotel,furnishing us with a map and a card for referral to facilitate a 'swift entry'.
Bravo,what a superb establishment. i am coming back in the next life,as a wealthy patron.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eli B

Dear Guest,

I am pleased you had the opportunity to visit the Hassler while in Rome and I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your appreciative comments.

Your description of our rooms and your dining experience at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo gave me great satisfaction. I was also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the spectacular view from Imàgo and that you have appreciated the welcoming service of our concierge, to whom I have passed on your compliments.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler and to the Imàgo Restaurant in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had promised my 9 year old son a vacation in Rome. After a disastrous stay at hotel Barocco, a cheaper but tripadvisor favorite choice, i moved us to the Hassler Hotel.

At the Hassler we ate the best pizza Margharita i have found in Rome ( i have been there several times) as well as the best caprese salad. Simple dishes, but signature italian ones, so that made our day there.

Also, the views were great, the breakfast limited (is this the new "high class" trend?) but tasty, the room luxurious and the staff helpful.

Thank you Hassler for saving my son's trip. Will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank direct2george
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having stayed at the Hassler, while in Rome and I am very happy to know that we participated in making your son’s vacation a truly memorable one.

I am also pleased to know you enjoyed your dining experience here and I will be delighted to pass on your comments to our staff. I will also inform the relevant department in regards to the breakfast service.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you and your family to stay with us. Next time call me so I will be there personally to meet your son!!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Hassler Hotel is one I have wanted to stay at for a long time. From well before I ran into the paparazzi crowd waiting for a photo of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes enjoying their honeymoon there. Perhaps because of the expectation the reality was disappointing. Unfortunately that is common in Rome where the hotels promise much (and charge for it) and deliver little. The opposite of the city itself.
I had a Grand Suite Hassler, quite a room. Expectations naturally match the price. It is beautiful but the location and décor don't hide that it is tired and probably a decade late on a major refurbishment.
Service was also not up to scratch for a really top hotel. The room wasn't ready for a late check-in, room service on the terrace was cold and ordinary as was breakfast. Honestly this is all nit picking but at over E3000 per night excellence is the base line expectation. I am still looking for that genuinely excellent hotel in Rome.

Room Tip: From what I could see the normal rooms seemed quite large so probably not worth opting for a higher...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon T
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to learn that you found your stay at the Hassler disappointing. We aim for excellence by making our guests feel at home and ensuring that their stay is as memorable and comfortable as possible.

I hope you will allow us to improve upon and exceed your expectations on your next trip to Rome, we would be happy to fulfil any wishes or requirements you may have to make your stay a memorable one.

Greetings from Rome!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We picked Hotel Hassler as the top selection made by the Luxury Hotels of the World and we have certainly not been disappointed. This must be best located, best appointed and best service we have received in a string of successful trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank piancov

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed at the Hassler while in Rome, and for having taken the time to comment on your experience.

I am very pleased to know that the hotel’s location and service were to your satisfaction. Our constant aim is to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible. I am therefore glad that you enjoyed being here.

I look forward to greeting you again hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I would say this is one of the best hotels in Rome if you are looking for great views and superb dining experience. I came here for my birthday in February 2014 and on check in i was upgraded to the fourth floor in a corner room with the best views of Rome. From my room I could see the Spanish steps and the Vatican city and also the sunset in the evening.

The room was a perfect size for me and I would say it would be perfect size for a couple. The room was modern but classic, perfectly clean with good amenities. The location is perfect and walking distance for shopping, great restaurants and tourist locations.

The first night I dined in Imago, the hotels one Michelin restaurant and when i returned to my room there was Champagne and cake as a surprise birthday gift. This was a very nice gesture and the cake tasted amazing.

Concierge was extremely helpful and even managed to get a table for me in Romes top restaurant La Pergola.

I would highly recommend this hotel and hopefully I can return soon, I had a perfect weekend and there is nothing I would fault during my amazing stay. Perfect birthday break

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a view of the Spanish steps and the Vatican if you are on a special occa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo