“Lives up to the hype!”

Ranked #38 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Chicago, Illinois
“Lives up to the hype!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I am in complete agreement with the raves! View from my room was not great but I was steps from the terrace with amazing views. Great way to enjoy Rome (especially if you're only there for a short period of time).

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler and for taking a moment to share your comments about your experience.

I am very pleased to know that you found staying at the Hassler the greatest way to enjoy Rome. Our central and historic location does indeed provide easy access to some of the most beautiful areas of downtown Rome and historic monuments.

I do hope you will have future opportunities to visit the Hassler and to allow us to make your next stay better than the last. Our staff is at your complete disposal to attend to any requests you may have to ensure a memorable and comfortable stay in the Eternal City!

President and Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West New York, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed in August 2013.
Our room was small and noisy, the hotel is decadent and really requires un update and some investments. Staff is not very kind, the behave like royalty and they do not serve guests.
The view from the top of the building is gorgeous but, with the hotel location, is the only positive aspect.
We will not return, I prefer other properties in Roma.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank John C
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to learn that you were unsatisfied by your stay at the Hassler last August. I am however pleased to read the comments about your stay as this allows me to improve upon our guests’ experience and resolve any problems you may have encountered.

The Hassler is currently undergoing renovations and I would be very pleased to suggest one of our recently renovated rooms should you choose to return to the Hassler in the future.

I was also very displeased to read about our staff but can assure you that currently our staff is of the utmost efficiency and very friendly. They are pleased to be of assistance and exceed in making our guests feel at home by ensuring that their stay is as memorable and comfortable as possible.

I hope you will allow us to improve upon and exceed your expectations should you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Hotel Hassler is one of my favorite hotels ever. It is located at the top of the Spanish Steps and is an easy walk to everything. The room had a great view of the city and was large, beautifully appointed, clean and comfortable. The service is impeccable. No matter what you need there is someone from the hotel who is ready to help and they genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. I would not stay anywhere else on a trip to Rome.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visits to Rome and for your lovely review. It is a pleasure to know that the Hassler is one of your favourite hotels.

I am also pleased to know that you truly enjoyed your time here and that both the central location of our hotel as well as the efficient service of the staff was very appreciated. Our team works very hard to assist each of our guests in any way possible to ensure that their stays are as memorable and special as possible. I am very glad to know we succeeded.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will have many more opportunities to return to the Hassler and to the Eternal City!

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location - right at the top of the Spanish steps, very convenient and easy walk to some of Rome's top spots. Make sure you try to get a room with a good view so you can take in the city beneath you - the view from the top floor is incredible!

Overall very nice room, luxurious, and great service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 24 July 2014

Greetings from Rome!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler, while visiting Rome, and for having taken the time to share comments about your experience.

I am very pleased to learn that you found the location, your accommodations and the service of our staff to your complete satisfaction. I am also very pleased to know how much you particularly appreciated the stunning view from our top floor.

I hope you will return to stay at the Hassler in the near future to spend many more evenings looking out over the beautiful Eternal City!

Sydney
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We paid a bit extra for a larger room. Our room was next to an enormous balcony with breathtaking views over Rome. We spent hours taking in the view from that balcony everyday and night.

we loved the convenience, the service and the up scale old world luxury. would not go back to Rome and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maximus3
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Hassler and that if you should visit Rome again you will return to stay with us.

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to know that your accommodations and the beautiful view were to your complete satisfaction.

I hope you will return to stay at the Hassler in the near future as it will be a pleasure to welcome you back!

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

NYC, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed. We had a beautifully decorated room on the 5th floor overlooking the Spanish steps with a beautiful view of the city, Perfect location, exceptional service and LOVED the toiletries. Top notch panoramic restaurant -- we sat next to Tony Bennett! A must stay in Rome.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed at the Hassler while in Rome, and also for having taken the time to share your comments about your experience.

I am pleased to know that you found your accommodations beautiful and that you appreciated the décor of your room as well as the toiletries. We aim to diligently attend to every detail to make your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible.

I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity of dining at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and that you were also delighted with the service of our staff. I have shared your compliments with all the members of our staff.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This can be a great hotel but .....if you don't get a view of the city you may be better off somewhere else.

This is my 3rd return trip and this visit we got allocated to a room with a view looking straight into the side of a building.

(Also there is a childminding centre that is part of the courtyard so during school term breakfast is interrupted by the screams and crying of children).

We probably won't be back for a 4th visit.

Time to try elsewhere....

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melbourne504
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay once again at the Hassler for your third time. I am very sorry to know you may not be returning for a fourth visit.

Due to this historic building’s characteristics we unfortunately can not always guarantee a room with a view for all of our guests, especially during the high season. Should you return to Rome, please do not hesitate to contact our staff to book a room with a view in advance. We always do our best to try to meet all of our guest’s requests and preferences if possible.

Our staff is at your complete disposal to make your next stay better than the last!

Greetings from the Eternal City!

Kind regards,