I was tempted to give this place 4 /5 but for certain reasons, have downgraded it to 3/5.
Let's start with the POSITIVES:
1. The hotel staff is very warm and friendly. We were mostly attended to by a man named Leonardo who was very sweet. They all spoke good English and they even have a porter to carry your luggage.
2. We checked out at 11 AM on 3 February but our flight was not until late evening so we left the luggage behind at the hotel premises and it was perfectly safe to do so and very professionally managed.
3. The location could not be better- with the Pantheon a 30 sec walk away and most of the attractions of Old Rome within walking distance- this hotel has a lot to offer.
4. The bathroom was clean and reasonably spacious.
Now the NEGATIVES,
1. We were in the annex building and not in the main one and in the annex region- there is no wifi at all!! It's not as though you can pay and get access to wifi- they just don;t offer it.
2. THE KETTLE IN THE ROOM AND THE JAR FOR MILK WAS STINKING- MORE LIKE STENCH!!! I have attached a picture for you to judge. When we mentioned this to the receptionist- he promised to get it changed. In all fairness, while he did get the kettle washed- the smell was still there and it would be deadly to use that kettle for human consumption.
3. The breakfast is strictly average. Don't expect a great meal- it gives the impression that there are plenty of items to choose from but in reality it is just about ok. If you do not have great expectations, then you are ok.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albergo del Sole Al Pantheon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Del Sole Al Pantheon Hotel Rome