“Ok but ....”

Ranked #391 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Ok but ....”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel I'd ok. Nice clean room, friendly staff etc but no one said that the bar and restaurant opening were very limited. Also Rome centre is bloody miles away !! We new it wasn't in the centre but this is ridiculous !! This is why I gave this hotel a lesser rating than I might have.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jerrye1023
fa106, Direttore at Hotel Artis, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Hello Jerry,
Thank you so much for the great review. We just know that you have found a fantastic staff and services of excellent quality. Unfortunately for us the position remains an issue on which we can do very little, at least until the new metro line will be inaugurated in June 2014. We will have a metro stop 200 meters away and you can reach Piazza San Giovanni in Laterano in 10 minutes instead of the 40 that are used today. If you decide to go back to Rome next year, do not hesitate to contact us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had a lovely stay at Hotel Artis, rooms were modern and very clean. Staff were polite, especially Vincent who works on the bar, me and my boyfriend spent a few hours on our first night sitting chatting to him, lovely guy. Great restaurant just round the corner which I personly found nicer than some of the food places in the centre, better food and value for money! In regards to getting to the centre of Rome....I think people enjoy moaning. The transport was great, we never waited more than 10 minutes for bus 558, and the metro takes you straight into the centre. Half an hour journey, tops! None of this 45 minutes to an hour business! Buy a weekend/week transport ticket and all costs are covered. If you do a little research there is also a night bus that takes you from Termini straight outside the hotel after the metro stops, so we still were able to go drinking in the evenings. Sit back and enjoy mingling with the locals instead of moaning about travelling round Rome! The locstion of the hotel wasn't an inconvineice at all! Great clean, modern hotel for a great price. Would stay again. Thanks!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Littlemissgigglesx
Melbourne
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I chose to stay at the Artis because it was the hotel with the highest TripAdvisor rating near the University of Tor Vergata where I was working. The hotel is excellent value for money and ideal if you have reason to be in this part of the Roman suburbs. Otherwise there is not much going for the area around the hotel, as it is largely modern residential. The other reviews I read of the Artis are accurate - great hotel, boring area.
The hotel does a free breakfast and offers free wifi. The breakfast is very adequate, and the machine brewed espresso coffee is surprisingly good. There is a small bar and a couple of restaurants walking distance from the hotel. If you wanted to stay in a nice hotel, didn't have much cash, and didn't mind a short bus and metro train trip to central Rome (30+ min), you could do a lot worse than the Hotel Artis! My overall rating is for the hotel, not the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BoffinChemist
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Upon our arrival to Hotel Artis we were greeted with the warmest of welcomes after struggling to find it - having landed at Fiumicino airport we followed the directions from the hotel website. These weren't as helpful as they could have been and we had to stop and ask people on two separate occasions for their help in finding our destination.
Don't get me wrong - the hotel is clean, staff friendly and will help you should you require it and the breakfast is a delight, however, the location was a great disappointment to both me and my partner. From the hotel you need to get a bus and then a tube to the center of Rome (this journey takes around 45-50 minutes without it being busy) which meant that we didn't want to keep going back and forth throughout our day so our days were long and tiresome! This wasn't the hotels fault, of course, but I think this should be highlighted for future guests.

Great hotel for business trips but if you want the 'real Italy', this isn't for you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
fa106, Direttore at Hotel Artis, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Charlotte,
thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy you have found a warm welcome and great service. Unfortunately the hotel is not well connected to the center if you are using public transport. It is different if you are using your own transportation. We look forward to the opening of the new underground C, one of the stops will be just 200 meters from the hotel and will enable our customers to reach the city center in half the time. Kind regards.
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was here with my wife for 5 days. It was very good, quiet and beautiful. If you don't have a car the center of Rome is at 45 minute from hotel, you need to take a bus 558 to Subaugusta and from there metro A to direction Termini> Barberini and get off where do you want to go. Rome is a beautifull city and have nice people ! All staff from Artis is very good and very nice! Thank you Artis!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank BogdanMomita
Grafenwohr, Germany
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I would have loved to given this place a higher rating if it hadn't been for the horrible location. The reception desk was helpful. They told us how to get to the attractions, when and where the transit runs, and provided a little map for us. All the staff was cheery, even the cleaning staff that always smiled and said hello to you. The rooms are great. If you've ever stayed at a 4 star hotel in the States then no, this place is nothing, but if you have ever stayed in a 4 star hotel in Europe, than this place is GREAT. Very spacious room, big enough desk for my laptop, books, and mouse. Shower was big and actually had a tub and a curtain. The outside of the hotel is clean and the neighborhood is nice and quiet. NOW FOR THE BAD: Not much was wrong with this place except for what everyone else says LOCATION! This hotel is so far away from everything in Rome. It wouldn't be so bad if the public transportation city in Rome didn't SUCK. It takes a solid 40 minutes to an hour to get to where you want to be, and that all depends on the bus schedule. The hotel doesn't provide an iron, or an ironing room either, just laundry service. All in all, it was a good stay here, just really out of the way.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David F
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice. New good hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful at the reception and at the restaurant. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast is good for Italian hotels (I visited different cities and hotels in Italy). The hotel is good for car travelers, there is free car parking before the hotel. If you travel without car, you can order a transfer from the airport. It's very siutable, my flight arrived later, but the driver was waiting for us and didn't ask more money for waiting. The hotel is far from center, but there is no problem with public transport in Rome and you can get everywhere you need. When I go to Rome again, I will choose this hotel! Thank you for good rest every time!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends