“What a disappointment”

Edoardo II
Ranked #1,042 of 12,275 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Piazza Venezia / Ancient City
Description: Open to the public from 20:00 to 24:00, closed on Tuesdays. It caters for a mostly gay clientele but it is accessible to all. Good food, excellent value, nice atmosphere, in a quiet area and good service.
Oslo, Norway
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I went to this restaurant after recommendation on a quiet Saturday evening. It wasn't too many guests there, so the staff shouldn't be too busy. Well, apparently they were more busy smoking, and doing nothing, It is the slowest, most inattentive service I've ever experienced!! Food is just "ok" and service so slow, no-one will miss this place if it goes out of business.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Operagjest

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington, United States
“A lovely end to a long day”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

After a somewhat tumultuous rendezvous with my partner in Rome, our opening walking tour was abbreviated but we still managed to find Edoardo II in Rome. I wanted to try it based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. It was a warm evening so we dined in the small courtyard in front of the restaurant. My rusty Italian seemed to serve us well and the waiter was gracious and kind. It was a great end to our first day in Rome.

The restaurant can be challenging to find as there is a Via Margana, Piazza Margana, and the elusive Vicolo Margana--keep looking until you find it!

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“First time in Rome and looking for a non tourist trap!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We found this place by luck. It was my wife's birthday and we were in Rome with my parents in law. We were really tired of eating pizza everyday and were looking for a place to celebrate my princess' birthday. We saw a candle lit on the floor of a small street and something told us to go there. We had a blast there were very friendly and gave us the best service we experienced in Rome. the food was very tasty, the wine was very good and it was not too expensive. We ordered a dessert "the orgasmo" and it was much fun the way they decorated the plate, We really like this place and will love people to go there and have fun as much as we did...they even sang happy bday to my wife, it was priceless... will definitely go back!

• Visited September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A nice little accident.........”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My daughter and I had been sightseeing all day, and after walking many miles were starving. We usually look up places to eat on TripAdvisor, but literally turned a corner and saw this place and decided to take a chance. It was so cute that I took a picture of the outside seating area before we even sat down, and a waiter saw me and proceeded to take several photos of us throughout our meal. He was very friendly and helpful. We each ordered a pasta dish, one vegetarian and one with fish, and shared a dish of grilled squash and green beans. I had the tagliolini con cernia e pinoli (home-made noodles with grouper and pine nuts) and my daughter had the trofie radicchio e gorgonzola (short fresh pasta with gorgonzola and radicchio. They were both very good and 12 euros each. We were happy to have found this spot and enjoyed sitting outside on this quiet little corner.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank merrietraveler
Hamont-Achel, Belgium
“Very nice place”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

A very nice, cozy and well-hidden place. The food is great and the service is very friendly. We will be definitely coming back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank aserebrenik

Been to Edoardo II? Share your experiences!