“A wonderful evening of great food and laughter”
Review of Edoardo II

Edoardo II
Ranked #1,322 of 12,775 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Piazza Venezia / Ancient City
Description: Open to the public from 20:00 to 24:00, closed on Tuesdays. It caters for a mostly gay clientele but it is accessible to all. Good food, excellent value, nice atmosphere, in a quiet area and good service.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We went for a stroll in the Jewish ghetto and we happened by this lovely little restaurant, purely by chance. But what a find!!!
The interior was welcoming and totally "over the top". Our host was attentive and helpful and we so loved the ambiance.
Food was fabulous, we had the carbonara, pizza - the best we'd had all holiday, pork fillets and risotto. End your meal with the chocolate dessert. Was so good we returned the next night as well.
If you need the loo - it's worth a visit!
A gem of a find. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I went to this restaurant after recommendation on a quiet Saturday evening. It wasn't too many guests there, so the staff shouldn't be too busy. Well, apparently they were more busy smoking, and doing nothing, It is the slowest, most inattentive service I've ever experienced!! Food is just "ok" and service so slow, no-one will miss this place if it goes out of business.

3  Thank Operagjest
Reviewed 26 September 2013

After a somewhat tumultuous rendezvous with my partner in Rome, our opening walking tour was abbreviated but we still managed to find Edoardo II in Rome. I wanted to try it based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. It was a warm evening so we dined in the small courtyard in front of the restaurant. My rusty Italian seemed to serve us well and the waiter was gracious and kind. It was a great end to our first day in Rome.

The restaurant can be challenging to find as there is a Via Margana, Piazza Margana, and the elusive Vicolo Margana--keep looking until you find it!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We found this place by luck. It was my wife's birthday and we were in Rome with my parents in law. We were really tired of eating pizza everyday and were looking for a place to celebrate my princess' birthday. We saw a candle lit on the floor of a small street and something told us to go there. We had a blast there were very friendly and gave us the best service we experienced in Rome. the food was very tasty, the wine was very good and it was not too expensive. We ordered a dessert "the orgasmo" and it was much fun the way they decorated the plate, We really like this place and will love people to go there and have fun as much as we did...they even sang happy bday to my wife, it was priceless... will definitely go back!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

My daughter and I had been sightseeing all day, and after walking many miles were starving. We usually look up places to eat on TripAdvisor, but literally turned a corner and saw this place and decided to take a chance. It was so cute that I took a picture of the outside seating area before we even sat down, and a waiter saw me and proceeded to take several photos of us throughout our meal. He was very friendly and helpful. We each ordered a pasta dish, one vegetarian and one with fish, and shared a dish of grilled squash and green beans. I had the tagliolini con cernia e pinoli (home-made noodles with grouper and pine nuts) and my daughter had the trofie radicchio e gorgonzola (short fresh pasta with gorgonzola and radicchio. They were both very good and 12 euros each. We were happy to have found this spot and enjoyed sitting outside on this quiet little corner.

1  Thank merrietraveler

Been to Edoardo II? Share your experiences!