“Service is sooo terri le specially the old lady in the register that looks like a mean version of Mrs. Clause”

Caffe Roma Gelateria
Ranked #767 of 794 Dessert in Rome
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Description: It is the nearest Gelateria to the Trevi Fountain
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The lady in the register was so rude and so unwelcomed to turists.. besides the icecream are so expensive and they only give you less than a scoop of icecream.. will not recomend at all.....

2  Thank jshhsjskshdjs

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I walked in but couldn't see the flavors because there was a couple standing in front of me. When the owner asked what I wanted, I told him I didn't know yet. He then said loud enough so I could hear him, "I don't know yet," in a snotty, mocking tone. I thought he was kidding like it was his shtick or something so I chuckled. Then I asked if he offered samples (I'd overheard someone ask for one and get it in another gelato place the night before so I thought it was the norm) but that infuriated him. He raised his voice and said, "No! There are no samples!" Of course, then I realized he hadn't been kidding and he was just a big jerk. Why this guy is in this type of industry in such a high traffic area is beyond me. Don't know if the gelato's any good because I hightailed it out of there. Avoid at all costs!!

4  Thank direy01
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Avoid at all costs. It is a complete rip off preying on unsuspecting tourists visiting the Trevi Fountain. Obviously their skills of ripping people off have been honed over many a year.
If I could give if no stars I would. Absolute disgrace!

5  Thank BWS
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I hate this place they cheated you with a bad deficient and expensive italian ice cream. Any other placer isla better han this one.

4  Thank Airam O
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We have visited Rome a few times in the last few years. Each time we have wandered past the Trevi Fountain. This restaurant is located in an amazing location, especially on a warm sunny day. During our first visit, I was taken aback by the rudeness of one of the staff. I had ordered ice cream and decided to sit on a chair while I was waiting for my husband who stopped quickly in the rest room. All the seats were empty and no one was waiting to be seated. The man told me that I had to wait outside. I was not permitted to remain inside since I had not ordered a sit down meal.

Today, we were walking in the area. I remembered both the tasty gelato as well as the rudeness. Nevertheless, we opted to stop because we remember the great tasting gelato that comes in many flavors. Once again, I was met by abrupt behavior. This time, I was told to hurry with my selection. I wasn't the only one. Anyone who could not respond quickly was pestered to place an order.Considering the price point, patrons should be treated with more respect.

If I ever return to this area of Rome I will make a point to take my business to a place where I am treated better.

2  Thank sandyB56

Been to Caffe Roma Gelateria? Share your experiences!