“The Best Trip Ever - What an experience”
Review of Driver in Italy

The Eternal City - Private Shore Excursion to Rome from Civitavecchia port
Ranked #44 of 261 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It could be a vacation from work, a romantic getaway, a culture-buildingexperience with the family or a chance to see Italy’s history. Whatever it is, Driver in Italy willmake sure that every detail is taken care of, the staff is friendly, the fleet is immaculate and that ourdriver/guides speak fluent English. We go out of our way to make clients feel like a part of ourfamily, forming personal relationships by talking, laughing and interacting during tours. Our toursgo above and beyond the norm, whether it be providing an opportunity in Tuscany’s Chianti tohand pick grapes and later delivering a bottle of wine to the client that is made from those grapes ortreating clients to restaurants or gelaterias known locally for their excellent food and off the beatentrack locations. Our promise is to differentiate our service from the others and make the Driver InItaly experience one that will never be forgotten. Why do we do it? Because we care, and we trulywant to be fondly remembered as an integral part of your life-enriching experience. For personalattention, it’s Driver in Italy!
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The Driver in Italy tours were excellent - They are very organized and very helpful.
We went to three cities - Florence, Rome & Capri. We had execellent tour guides. We bought our tour tickets ahead of time with this company. It saved us from standing in long lines. They had our tickets ready for us and we walked right into the tour we chose to see.
I would diffently use this company again.

2  Thank happpy66
DriverInItaly, Owner at Driver in Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you so much for the excellent reviews! We look forward to welcoming you the next time you the next time you come to Europe!

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We have engaged Roberto (Driver in Italy) numerous times on our trips to Italy. Not only is the service dependable and of superior quality, but also each time we return to Italy we enjoy a unique experience in this beautiful country. This most recent trip, we had wonderful day tours of places ouside of Rome. We journeyed to Orvieto and Bagnoregio as well as Castelgandolfo and Tivoli Gardens. Traveling south, we toured the Aeolian Islands, Taormina, the Amalfi Coast. Returning to Rome we stopped at Pompei and the beautiful palace at Caserta. Each day was a relaxing and entertaining. The performance of the guides and drivers was exceptional.

5  Thank fruttivendolo46

At Driverinitaly.com, it is never business as usual...but we really love it when we have the opportunity to organize a trip as particular as yours. Many times travelers don't have enough time to visit the sites off the beaten path. It shouldn't be that way and my drivers make sure that our clients have a vision of Rome, or Naples, or the Amalfi Coast that few tourists get a chance to see.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

I recently returned from a trip to Rome where I had accompanied my fiance on his business trip. Our stay was very brief (only 4 days). Since my fiance was occupied with business meetings, I was left on my own. Since I had never been to Rome before, my fiance wanted me to make the most of my time in Rome and see all that it has to offer. He arranged for the services of Driver in Italy day tours to chaperon me safely around the city and sites. Daniele Romanini (what a great name for someone from Rome) was the driver/guide I was assigned. He spoke fluent English, was polite & courteous. Once we determined what I wanted to see, we proceeded on a wonderful history lesson. Daniele was amazingly knowledgeable on ancient Rome as well as everyday life today. Besides historical facts, he also interjected his own personal experiences over the years living in Rome. He was most charming and made me feel completely at ease. In the few hours we shared together, the information Daniele provided will last me a lifetime. I cannot say enough good things about him or the professional service Driver in Italy provided. BRAVO!

5  Thank Rosemarie07

I personally select our drivers are all specifically for their knowledge of the areas, friendliness, and professionalism. It is not enough to just have someone who can drive you from point A to point B, but to just explain how point A became the way to reach point B. We are very fortunate to have Daniele with us and appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I used a driver from Driver in Italy to get to the FCO airport from Civitavecchia after a cruise. I had a morning flight so the train system was not an option. In order to take the train, you have to go from Civitavecchia to Rome Termini and then the FCO train which will take hours. I scheduled a pick up from my hotel and the driver was right on time. The driver was very professional and even told me a little more about the area during the drive. My pickup time was at 6am and he asked if I had a chance to get coffee yet, so he stopped and bought me an espresso at a local cafe! Very nice, professional service and definitely worth it to eliminate the stress of public transportation.

5  Thank Adam B

It is so comforting to hear that you felt you had made the right choice and that our diver took such good care of you. Often times we receive emails from clients who are in between decisions of whether or not to take the train to or from the Port in Civitavecchia. I try to explain that it is much more hassle than it's worth, and most of the time after reading the forums, they agree. We have also created a shared transfer which has been a true success and an affordable option. We look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Europe!

Reviewed 11 November 2010

From the moment we met Giovanni at the airport, I knew we were in for the experiecne i had hoped for in Italy. For two weeks we were looked after, driven, and enlightened to sights and experiences it is unlikely we would have found on our own. Of course they arranged for us to see the obvious, the Vatican, the Colluseum, and the Forums in Rome, the Uffizi, and the David in Forence, but it was all the out of the way places and towns and restaurants that we would never have seen that made our trip so special. Enjoying a five course outdoor "meat meal" in Panzano or walking the cobbled streets of 14th century cities like Gubbio all made our trip beyond comprehension. We enjoyed what they did for us, and I think they enjoyed us as well. I would not hesitate to use them again in any capacity from a day trip, to an extended stay. Suffice it to say that we will be calling them again on our next visit which can't come soon enough for us.

1  Thank sparky06516

It was uplifting for all of us here at Driverinitaly.com to read your wonderful comments about your time with Giovanni! Hiring a Driver Guide service is definitely the way to travel, especially if you are visiting a country or region you have never been to.