“Average value depending on season, 5 mins from colleseum!”

and 1 more site!
Le Camere Della Principessa B&B
Ranked #2,487 of 3,640 Rome B&B and Inns
“Average value depending on season, 5 mins from colleseum!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Good b&b, good value for money in the off peak months but expensive otherwise for what you get. Good breakfast is included in a local cafe, although when I left stayed the cafe was closed on all but one of the days (I've been twice). I would recommend visiting this place though, great location!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here in September 2013 and were really disappointed. The place was very very moldy...bedroom and bathroom. It was unbearable. We aren't even picky people, we stayed in a lot of hotels over 6 weeks, some were pretty nasty too! This was one of the worst places I had seen. It was dark moist and moldy. The free breakfast was good, at a cafe around the corner. That was the only good thing about this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This staff at this bed & breakfast was superb, they tried to help by giving us directions considering we were tourist. It is fairly central to most things however I did not like the fact that the shower had no cubicle. I guess it is a European thing as this is my second hotel in Italy where I have seen this but I don't particularly like it as it got the tissue wet. The shower curtain was dirty and I think the main sheet on the bed is old and should be changed. The drywall is old and needs updating, the wifi was not strong but luckily I was near a room that was close to the router.

Room Tip: Choose the room close to the wifi
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2013

To set expectations, it's a basement apartment and you can get coffee/pastry across the street. Not what I expected under the B&B category.

This place is perfect for locals but might be a disappointment for non-locals travelling for vacation. Make sure they tell you the trick to opening the glass door to the building otherwise you will have trouble getting in. We also had a problem opening the door to the apartment and thanks to the lady who woke up to open the door for us (another couple came and couldn't open the door either).

When you have problems you have to call them and that is difficult if you don't have a phone and then if you don't mind making international calls (thanks but no thanks). At the end of the day we paid for a room so it is what it is, but if that's what we are paying for then we should be able to enter/leave easily right?! I was tired and just wanted to get inside- after a long hot day, I just wanted to get what was paid for.

When I wrote them the second time I was locked out I was pretty upset at the response:

"dear guest
this morning we checked both the lock of the doors and for us working.
we have no responsability for this; hundreds of guest open those door continuosly"

Room Tip: Wifi doesn't work in room 4 was it?
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Longniddry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The staff of this B&B was the kindest and most helpful I came across in a really long time, so big THANK YOU to them. They e-mailed me directions (without me asking), and when I told them I cannot access the Internet from my room (room 4), they relocated me immediately. I also loved the next-door bar and its staff (So&So) where breakfast was served. BUT...
...the walls are paper thin, I could hear everything around me and nearby there is an emergency hospital so there's a lot of siren noise - that's a bit annoying at times. I could also not use the WiFi in the room I lived on the first day - that was a serious inconvenience since I was in Rome for business. The rooms are too dark. The bathroom is tiny and there is no shower cubicle, so if you're not careful, you're going to soak your toilet paper :-). My hair drier plug didn't fit into the socket - not a pleasant surprise when you have to present to a business audience in 90 minutes.
With all that said, if I will ever come back to Rome and want to be close to the centre, I will consider coming back to Le Camere Della Principessa B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My brother and I stayed at this accommodation for 3 nights and we were pleased with the b and b. The room was very clean and provided everything we needed for a few days including a kettle with tea and snacks, hair drier and there was air conditioning in the room although we didn't need to try it. The accommodation is very close to all the transport links including trams and buses, the number 714 buses went directly to the main terminal. The colosseum is within walking distance and there are plenty of little shops and restaurants nearby to eat. breakfast each morning was just around the corner in the so so bar, the staff did not speak great English but they were very helpful and you were entitled to a drink and patisserie each day. We would definitely recommend this accommodation for sight seeing Rome.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank marjolin
Italy
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We spent few nigths there to visit Rome downtown, despite what we tougth it is a nice place to stay if you want to stay in Rome w/o spending a fortune.
It is located mid way from Colosseum subway stop and San Giovanni in Laterano cathedral (must be visited) so very easy to broswe around ancient Rome's ruins like Terme di Caracalla, i Fori Imperiali, il Circo Massimo, or monuments like Fontana di Trevi, Colosseum, some Obelisks, or churches such as San Giovanni and Navicella and city parks.
We had no trouble to find it out and thanks to Davide's suggestions (one of the B&B manager) we got some good advise where to go and visit and have a dinner in special places not too much tourist.
We've found clean room and quite sleep at night, about breakfast if you like fast snacks, there is a vending machine for you to get for free or if you ask you can have an italian breakfast (capuccino&cornetto) in a nice bar nearby; i think is a good alternative isn't it?
This is italian creativity to deserve customer satisfaction; well done guys keep going this way.
If you decide to go there you can refer to my trip-feedback when you'll book a room; Davide will give you a special treatment believe me.
I strongly recommend to get there and give a try and you'll be positively impressed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family