“Shocking”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I am not going to write a lengthy review or moan unnecessarily but rather just point out the details our awful experience at this restaurant.

- The waiters were more interested in choosing the music and browsing Facebook than they were in serving us.

- One of our tapas dishes came out still frozen. We told the waiter who looked embarrassed but offered nothing in terms of replacement or money off.

- Ordered cocktails that they took over 25 minutes to make (it wasn't busy), and the mojito had little to no alcohol in it.

- When we paid the bill again no apology for frozen food and the waiter was too busy with Facebook to even look at me.

All the other reviews here look good so maybe it was a bad night, but doesn't distract from being one of my worst ever dining experiences.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The menu comes in italian, but the waitress was really nice and helped us translate and recommend. We ended up with the burger with a egg top. Delicious. And wine; its italian, so whats not to like?

Reviewed 1 February 2014

A friend of mine took me here for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. It might not be within easy reach from the centre if you are visiting Rome but for those who drive it's just off Viale Marconi. The restaurant looks very cool and original and the staff are friendly and helpful with explaining their menu. They have an interesting mix of dishes with a pinch of asian infuence in it. The wine we ordered was good as well. The deserts were the fun part. My friend ordered "DIY tiramisu" i.e. she was given all the ingredients that make up a tiramisu and had to make her own. I ordered a platter of little renditions of cakes and sweets from our childhood which I thought was very original. Would come back for sure.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had seen a review of this restaurant as one nearby to our hotel (H10 Roma Citta). It sounded great, and as we noticed we walked past it one night, we thought we'd give it a try. It's only a (small) block or so away from the hotel, and only a few minutes off the main road we were nearest to (Viale Guglielmo Marconi).
Please give it a try if you are near!!
What a small, quirky little place it is, and the staff are fabulous. The menu is only in Italian but they were so patient and good humoured to stand with you and even go through each dish in detail if you wished. What superb service. The restaurant appeared to be on quite a quiet (restaurant-wise) street and possibly doesn't get the custom it deserves - it did fill up later on though - us English early birds. I think it's good with the locals!

They had a 'creative' and 'traditional' half to each menu course.
I had the tortino di patate con asparagi, guanciale e salsa alla carbonara for starters, which was basically mashed potato on a crispy base with asparagus and the most amazing carbonara accompaniment - may sound basic, but was absolutely to die for!!!
I only wish I had written the reviews as soon as we got back, for I cannot remember what I had for main and cannot spot it on their online menu - probably changed by now of course! It was a fish ravioli dish with ?mozzarella and salad, but again was absolutely do die for.
We finished with chocolate brownies with vanilla sauce.

I had wine from the Lazio region; San Nilo I think it was called and it was the best wine I had ever had.

1  Thank vixxj
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Had a cracking meal here. Really nicely presented dishes with interesting combinations. Small but very interesting wine list. Although it is a very 'cool' atmosphere and trendy feel, it is not pretentious as some of these more modern style of establishments can be. Although a little bit out of the centre, it is not too far to become a difficult. Had a really enjoyable evening with very reasonable prices for the quality of the food and drink.