“Really nice restaurant with great service”
Review of Mavi

Mavi
Ranked #2,095 of 13,204 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$25 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was really impressed after visiting the Osteria Mavi. The food was very good and the prices affordable. The menu was all italian, but it didn't matter as we had a great waitress, who helped us with the translation. We were some of the few tourists at the restaurant that evening and it seemed that the guests were "all shapes and sizes" from families, to friends to couples. During our visit in Rome we stayed at the H10 Roma Città only a few blocks away, so if you're in the neighbourhood and feel like a good meal I would really recommend Osteria Mavi.

1  Thank Gustav W

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My sister and I stumbled upon this place while walking around near our hotel, it is very trendy, not your local italian joint. The food was very good and the ambiance was fun. Our waitress was very helpful with our non-italian comprehension. We split a couple appetizers and they were good but he main courses are where things got very good. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly and delicious sauce on top of it. My sister had the shrimp raviolli farfalle and she said it was really good. The whole thing was reasonably priced and didnt have the typical Rome service fee.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a late night snack from this place as we were living in the building at a bnb.. they were delicious.. the fries were something i am still craving to have.. they accomodated our request for a takeout rather than a sit down meal as i wasnt feeling the greatest! would love to try it again when we go back to rome one day!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I am not going to write a lengthy review or moan unnecessarily but rather just point out the details our awful experience at this restaurant.

- The waiters were more interested in choosing the music and browsing Facebook than they were in serving us.

- One of our tapas dishes came out still frozen. We told the waiter who looked embarrassed but offered nothing in terms of replacement or money off.

- Ordered cocktails that they took over 25 minutes to make (it wasn't busy), and the mojito had little to no alcohol in it.

- When we paid the bill again no apology for frozen food and the waiter was too busy with Facebook to even look at me.

All the other reviews here look good so maybe it was a bad night, but doesn't distract from being one of my worst ever dining experiences.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The menu comes in italian, but the waitress was really nice and helped us translate and recommend. We ended up with the burger with a egg top. Delicious. And wine; its italian, so whats not to like?

Been to Mavi? Share your experiences!