“nice hotel far from city”
Review of Hotel Palace Nardo

Hotel Palace Nardo
Ranked #995 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Vienna, Austria
“nice hotel far from city”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

the hotel was nice and the staff were adequate. However, the hotel is far from Rome involving multiple changes on the public transport. The rooms were spacious, however one of the bathrooms in the room was small. In all a good hotel for those that don't need to see Rome daily and perhaps want to see more of the areas surrounding Rome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Shane A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel we selected was Palace Nardo, and it is located at the outskirts of Rome, very close to the great ring highway (Grande Raccordo Anulare) encircling Rome. We chose this hotel for its inexpensive price (50 Euros) and because we didn't want to get lost in Rome at night searching for a parking place.

The neighborhood and the street where this hotel is located doesn't seem very welcoming, and the people around it are a mixture of Italians from lower than average socioeconomic status, and African and Russian immigrants. The guy at the front desk told us that the neighborhood is totally safe and that the African immigrants do nothing besides talking on their cells.

The hotel was quite empty (it's not the high season) and the room we got was small and basic but with the most comfortable bed we slept in our entire trip.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lucinem_13
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2012

When I was looking for a place to stay in Rome I chose this place because it was cheap and was "close to the airport." It also said it had a shuttle. When I landed in Rome I asked around about the shuttle and no one seemed to know anything about a shuttle to this hotel and they were telling me it was extremely far away. I called the hotel from a pay phone asking them about the shuttle and they said you had to book it in advance.

It took me two and a half hours to get to the hotel using public transportation while carrying all my luggage! (A cab would have just been way too expensive) You have to take a train, then take another train which comes about once every hour so I was just sitting around for 40 minutes, and after that train I had to take a bus for 18 stops. When I left I booked the shuttle but unfortunately it costs 58 euros. I would have taken the trains and bus again but I was leaving early in the morning and public transportation wasn't running yet.

The hotel itself wasn't awful, bed was comfortable, there was a fridge in the room, and a ceiling fan. The shower was just a shower head on the wall next to the toilet and a drain on the floor so that was a little unpleasent.. The TV was small but you can get CNN if you're looking for an english channel. Also, wifi is complimentary!

Besides my first initial phone call with the hotel, everyone who worked there was extremely friendly. They offered me pizza when I said I was going out to eat and the owner of the hotel gave me a ride to the train station when I was going into Rome one morning. The all also have a very good understanding of English. One thing that really bothered me though was that you need to leave your key with the staff when you go out. I guess they didn't want the keys to get lost but it was still alarming to me seeing as I had valubles in the room and there wasn't a safe.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you're looking to stay somewhere cheap and you will be renting a car or don't mind a long travel to the main attractions of the city.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Phnom Penh
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Our stay was quite pleasant and our room was fairly large for 3 adults with air con, fridge, wireless Internet and small balcony. Breakfast was simple but nice. The hotel is very "quirky"... Probably not suit many people. The main disappointment was how far we had to travel each day to come in to the city of Rome for sightseeing. 1 bus, then 1 train, change lines then another train. Overall some days taking up to 2 hours. There are often transport strikes.. Which happened twice for us which resulted in big taxi fares. Unless the hotel provides shuttle service in and out of town I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julestravelling
Topanga, California
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The hotel is run and owned by a very personable young man that speaks ENGLISH. This is the best place to stay when visiting Rome. Easy to use transportation to get there because airport is directly connected to train station and you only take one bus to get to the hotel. Wonderful breakfast and helpful employees (speaking English and other languages). I really enjoyed the homey atmosphere. The rooms are spacious, we stayed twice, reasonable, and great WiFi connections everywhere. Great restaurants nearby with authentic food.

Room Tip: Manager and his employees are very helpful, ask them about anything.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carancpa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This hotel is much to far out of Rome to make it worth while staying in if you don't have a car. During our stay the metro line was down, and this made it impossible to stay out past 7 or 8pm because we just wouldn't have been able to get back to the hotel without getting an expensive cab.
The area the hotel is in is fairly nice, but it's VERY suburban (which was nice to see) but it's just too far from everything you come to Rome to see!

However, we did like the hotel. The staff were friendly, the place was clean and the breakfast was pretty good.

Room Tip: We asked for a twin room online and got a double (which was fine, but not what we asked for), so mak...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends