“Thank you Francesca”

Ranked #59 of 3,620 Rome B&B and Inns
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Thank you Francesca”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My daughter and I stayed here two nights as a base to explore Rome. I selected Aurelio Aquilone on the basis of the trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Francesca made us very welcome providing us with local knowledge, arranging cars to/from airport and advising on local eateries (I particularly recommend eating at Joseph's!). The accommodation is very comfortable and clean with good beds and the breakfast is excellent too. I thoroughly recommend staying here and hope to return with my wife in due course. Thanks Francesca.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had the pleasure of spending 2 nights with Francesca in the Aquilone B/B in Rome!!! She was so helpful, so friendly and such a wonderful host!!! Her son welcomed us with open arms and the rooms and the atmosphere were just like being at home! Francesca gave us directions to visit places and the subway and then a wonderful restaurant "Joseph's" - where we ate both nights...WHEN IN ROME ONLY STAY AT FRANCESCA'S AQUILONE B/B/

jane and Richard Aq....USA

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in April. First of all, you are greeted by the smiley and friendly owner, Francesca. After providing a warm welcome she gave us a good general rundown of the popular areas. Francesca answered any questions we had with no hesitation and provided us with a couple metro passes and lunch tickets to a local delicious restaurant, St Joseph. She often checked on us to ensure we were comfortable and enjoying our day out in Rome. We were very pleased with the overall hospitality she provided throughout our stay and felt we were at a friend's house instead. The metro stop is very close to B&B, but note it stops running at 2330, so you have to plan your day carefully. It is about 3 metro stops for the Vatican and more for the other attractions. They do run very regularly. Francesca was exceptional from start to finish! We recommend this B&B, especially if you have never stayed in a B&B! =)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Suite Hammam with ensuite bath. The bed was very comfortable and provided lots of...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed for six nights in the B&B this April. The place was very nice, clean and quiet.
The location is great, close to the metro and bus stops. The best of the place is Francesca,
who is extremely helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed the stay and definitely will go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed for five nights at Aquilone and we loved it. Francesca the owner makes everything easier for you. The location is near from everything, and is 2 minutes walking to the metro. Pharmacy, Super Market, execellent no tourist cheap restaurants, like Joseph.
The outside place is great for a glass of wine, and the view is pleasent.
The B&B is close to the Vatican, two line from the metro.
Execellent breakfast, and room is very clean and confortable. We stayed at tha master suite, with little charmig terrace, at the barhroom a good bath to relax after a long day tourism.
Francesca congratulations!!!!! We loved it, we're gonne come back for sure.
You are best Roman host in Italy! Many kisses for you

Room Tip: The suite master is very excellent!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlexandreAbdo
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My Husband and I stayed at Aurelio Aquilone with my Mother and Sister in April 2013. We had the two rooms with the shared bathroom. Francesca is a wonderful hostess and very helpful and friendly. She gave us some good restaurant recommendations and was happy to book reservations for us when needed.

With regards to the physical aspects, the rooms are warm and inviting and the beds are comfortable. The water pressure is good in the shower and the rooms and bathroom are cleaned daily (and very well!).

Another reviewer commented on the distance from the city centre. I suppose this could be an issue if you want to go back to your room many times during the day, but if you are happy to head out in the morning and spend the full day downtown, it is really not a problem. The metro and bus are very close, frequent and easy to use. It is worth the trade off to be in a safe, quiet neighbourhood with a caring and friendly hostess (at a very reasonable price!).

If I return to Rome I would definitely stay with Francesca again, but I would try to reserve the room with the private bathroom - just my personal preference.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dee_247
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed with my husband and two teenage boys in this B&B. It was a first time B&B experience for us. The rooms were very spacious and well decorated and thoughtfully done, I really appreciated the Rick Steves guide in the room which we carried everywhere with us. Fransesca is a lovely hostess and welcomed us and made us feel at home. She arranged for a taxi to pick us from the airport and to drop us too at the early morning. Breakfast provided was very adequate and catered well to our vegetarian needs. The metro is just a few minutes away and tickets are easily available at the tobacco shop near the apartment. Vatican is just two stations away and the city centre is easily reachable with a change at Termini. Fransesca also gave us good shopping tips. Pizza is available near the apartment and there are grocery stores and even a Carrefour Express. I will definitely stay there again. Thanks Fransesca!

Room Tip: Do take the big room with the bathtub, where 3 adults can sleep easily. Only use of bathtub is extr...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family