“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed just down the street at Hotel Borromeo and ended up eating here 4 or 5 times. The food is fantastic and the waiters were kind and provided good service. I would highly recommend the lasagna- it was my overall favorite dish. The house wine is fantastic, and prices are reasonable. For appetizers I tried the mussels, pretty good but a fairly basic dish to begin with, and the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp appetizer was small shrimp on a bed of lettuce with a great cream sauce on top. The Italian pasta soup is delicious as well. I really enjoyed this restaurant and want to defend them after reading some other reviews on this page: This place is not in the very least bit a tourist trap. Not even close. A tourist trap is 10 Euro for a gelato. Here you can have a pasta dish, share an appetizer and bread and have a glass of house wine for right around 20 Euro per person. I was stuffed after every single meal. The service was above average for Europe. Fantastic place and I will definitely seek it out next time i'm in Rome.

Overall dining tip for Italy: If you're on a budget, just go for a classic pasta dish. They should be under or right around 10 Euro, and they're filling.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A typical tourist trap. We spent 20 Euro per person and stayed hungry. The lamb dish I ordered consisted of 2 small bones with a little meat on it.

3  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed across the street, at the Relais Forus Inn, and were directed here by the staff. The wait staff was patient and helpful, and the food was tasty. We noticed tourists and locals alike here, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and the food.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We found this restaurant on the first our day in Rome. As we lived on Cavour, it was the nearest pretty place for us. After this, we had dinner or evening meal there every day. The atmosphere is so cute, everything is clean and cozy. We've tasted a lot during 6 days, and everything was great. Pizza especially. Earlier we always stayed at Nazionale, the food there is not so delicious.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I returned to Rome 11 years after our honeymoon with our 2 boys and were looking for a restaurant we ate at twice on our honeymoon on Via Cavour. After walking quite a distance my oldest son said we should eat here. It was a great choice! The waiters and staff were amazing, the food was delicious and my youngest son had a memorable birthday. After learning it was my son's 8th birthday they turned out the lights and sang (gave their best attempt) at happy birthday along with a free dessert! The house wine was good but they had quite a selection if house wine is not your cup of tea. My gnocchi was great and even my boys cleaned their pasta plates! I would recommend this quaint restaurant and even suggest it's a gem.