Hotel Lancelot
US$222
US$625
US$414
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
  • Restaurant
US$733
US$443
1,905 results
All reviewskhan familysan clementeother guestsfloor terracequiet streetfamily run hotelrick steveswonderful hotelpalatine hillancient romethe hotel staffsmall balconyeach eveningyogurttrip to rometwo blocksfriendly hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2010

My husband and I had a great time at the Hotel Lancelot. We rented a room with a terrace and sat out as much as possible. It's has a charming atmosphere and broad age range of guests, which made it fun. They had a nice little bar area and the dinner they serve was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2010

We were a bit spoiled staying in an agroturismo in the Tuscan hills for 8 days prior to staying here, so we were a bit shocked to return to small hotel rooms at high prices. This place is walking distance to the Coliseum and subway, but a bit of a hike when dragging luggage... seems not far enough to take a cab, yet just far enough away to be a huge bummer to drag your roller bags! My sister in law and her husband stayed in a little pricier room than ours (ours was around $200 american I think) and had a charming balcony... well worth the money in the end, to sip a bottle of wine on the lovely flower filled patio. Not sure what she paid... but it was pricey for what it was. Not really any place to walk at night (say, to go grab a bite or a leisurely dinner)... plan on taking cabs to somewhere a bit more lively. (Which is OK, because in turn, it's not noisy at night!) Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We found and booked this hotel after reading positive comments on trip advisor so here are our comments;
We found the staff to be helpful & freindly, we moved from the first room due to lack of bath but were not charged for the upgrade (why upgrade I do not know as it was still a double). Arrived New Years day & booked on half board basis in case other restaurants were shut. Suprised to find that diner was strictly 7.30pm and the restaurant had around 6 or 7 tables seating 7 people. There was a fixed menu with no choice and you were expected to share with other residents, which was a new experience for us, fine except you sometimes just want to dine on your own.
Food was fairly basic and my wife couldn't eat anything as stringy lamb was served preceded by undercooked sausage & polenta and followed by a seriously frozen baked alaska. As my wife rarely eats red meat, I had to eat hers to avoid embarrasment. Wine was served with the meal which was far better quality than the food and plentiful.
We chose after the 1st evening to revert to B&B and had fantastic meals out at everywhere we ate for lunch & dinner.
Breakfast was OK although eggs and a toaster would have been a nice option, which we generally find elsewhere in Europe, just the basic cereal, fruit, bread, small packet cheese and a plate of ham (if you are quick enough). I asked if more ham was possible when we arrived for breakfast at 9.00am but were told it was finnished.
Aside from the food, the location is good & quiet, although our next trip would certainly be further North or central where you are a short walk to almost everything especially the shops and majority of the must do sites except the Collissium.
We found several other 3 & 4 star hotels in central locations that were cheaper than we had paid but overall our first visit to Rome was very pleasant at the Lancelot

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellipoops
Reviewed 25 December 2009

My sister stayed there 3 years ago and I must say this is a very friendly hotel. I agree with everything else that's been said except we had no complaints about our room. By all means, go to the web site and down load the walking tours of the neighbor hood churches. Room were not large, but neither was it small.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ynapa456
Reviewed 14 December 2009

My mother and I stayed in a top floor room with a terrace view of the Coliseum. It was a nice and quiet location. The breakfast was ok, but the dinner was very good. Unfortunately, there was a tour group from the U.K. there the night we were, and we were seated away from them and didn't have much of a chance to interact with anyone. But if I ever go to Rome again, I would definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple