“Wonderful hidden gem”

Fabio Massimo Design Hotel
Ranked #141 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a pleasant surprise to us. I was somewhat taken aback by the fact that it is on one floor or a commercial building at first. However, after staying there, I can honestly say that I don't think ill stay anywhere else when in Rome.
The location is so convenient and the neighborhood is very nice and offers a variety of places for shopping and dining. It is very close to many attractions as well as a metro and bus stations.
It is very clean and fresh and the room was big and comfortable. No views obviously but not that much of a concern. The breakfast was OK.
Staff are very nice and accommodating.
But what makes this hotel even better is the reasonableness of its prices. The value and quality it gives you for the rate is very high and I consider this to be the best deal I got in Italy.
I really do recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again myself.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fabio Massimo Design Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Fabio Massimo last week and we loved it. We upgraded to a junior suite and the room was very spacious, as was the bathroom. The room was very modern and had a tv, sky (available in english), mini bar, air con, safe, etc. Staff were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was a small selection but all very nice.

Hidden away on the fourth floor near and very quiet, halfway between the Vatican and Piazza del Popolo.

My only criticism is that on check out we were asked to pay the full amount when I had already paid the full amount months ago. The receptionist insisted I hadn't paid and fortunately there was free wi-fi so we were able to retrive our receipt via email. I'm sure it was a genuine mistake but it made us late for our taxi and he wasn't very happy. Please make sure you always print off your payment confirmation and not just booking details lile us!!

All round great hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and loved it. On arrival we were given an upgrade to a suite which was so lovely, and we were thrilled! The hotel is nice and modern and a good location and we were able to walk everywhere and then felt safe at night to walk back. All of the staff members were welcoming, kind and helpful for all questions and always greeting us with a smile. We cannot recommend this hotel enough. Thank you Fabio Massimo Design Hotel!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly helpful gentleman that gave us good information and was very friendly. The room was very nice and the location was great. The only problem I had was when coming back late one night the older receptionist working late shift was quite rude and was looking at me and my partner as if we didn't stay there or wasn't welcome there. I don't know what his problem was. Other than that a great hotel!

Stayed: July 2014
FabioMassimoDesign, Responsabile reception at Fabio Massimo Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Grace,
thanks for your feedback. For sure there was something misunderstood about our collegue. He was worried about your buzzing for coming in ......
We hope to see you again in Rome next time, it wuill be a pleasure for us to have you as guests once again.
Regards.
Raffaella Corsi

Reviewed 23 July 2014

It is hard to find since this boutique hotel occupies just 2 floors of the building and there is just a tiny sign outside. Service is courteous, friendly and eficcient, the rooms are small but furnished in a modern and efficient style, the bathroom also small but nice and eficcient. Brekfast OK with friendly service.
For the money I would certainly recomend this property, the location is perfect, just a few blocks away from the Vatican museum!
Positives: friendly, clean and comfortable and great location.
Negatives: hard to find, small elevator and small but very comfortable and modern rooms.

Room Tip: To find the hotel just look for the address, the hotel is in the 4th floor of the building
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank salomon v
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on our last stop of our Italian vacation. We booked it because it was something different, it is small, modern and unique, the rooms are simple and stylish. The staff are friendly and very willing to help. the breakfast simple yet satisfying and is all what you need. I could not believe the Hugh TV selection even English. Location is in the center of Rome all is within walking distance. The beds are very comfortable. We will definitely book again.

Room Tip: junior suite are a big bigger but essentially same as the normal rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TowersRotanaDubai
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located very conveniently, especially if you would like to check out Vatican City. The staff is very friendly and helpful and are available 24/7. The price for the room was great value (one of the lowest in the area when we stayed), as everything was clean and comfortable with the added plus of being uniquely designed. Plus they serve an
amazing breakfast! I would definitely come back to this place when in Rome again, I wish we had stayed here for our first few days!

• Stayed: July 2014