All reviewsrooftop terraceroman forumperfect locationcontemporary suiteancient city of rometaxi reservationscommunal kitchen areagreat hostshelpful ownersvictor emmanuel monumentshort walk to the colosseumstayed here for nightswe loved our stayexperience romeshared kitchenrooms are basicyogurt
Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you go to Rome, I highly suggest that you don't leave your phone in a taxi upon arriving at your hotel, however, if you do and you stay at Residenza Maritti be rest assured that your hosts will do everything they can to assist you.

After close to 24 hours of traveling due to layovers and weather delays, we finally got to our hotel in Rome where I promptly forgot my phone in the taxi we took from the airport. We did not get a receipt and did not know the name of the company. Needless to say, I was pretty upset with myself as I would now be w/o my phone/camera and would need to replace my phone that I had bought less than a month prior.

Luckily the Gianluca was such a great host that he called all of the taxi companies in the city and was able to track down my phone for me saving me several hundred dollars and lots of headaches trying to find a replacement on vacation. On top of that, he refused to take a reward/tip for the trouble he went through.

In addition to helping me track down the phone, the location and service of the hotel is great and the breakfast provided each morning was very satisfying. I can not recommend the Residenza Maritti enough.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Gianluca M, Proprietario at Residenza Maritti, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Remember Marc, for your next Holiday don't leave your mobile in a taxi, you can do it only if you are in Rome and if you come back to Residenza Maritti!!!!!!
:-).
Thank you for your fantastic review, we were perfectly happy to help you.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband surprised me for my 30th birthday to a long weekend in Rome and we couldn't have been happier with his choice of accommodation. There are 2 brothers that run the place and they are extremely helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean and the views are excellent from their roof (you can take your own drinks up there). The location is PERFECT for seeing all of Rome.
This isn't a Hotel, more of a guest house but we couldn't recommend it more.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

We are glad to have been a part of your perfect birthday gift!
Thank you for your great review.
Gianluca&Piefrancesco

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent location (easy walking to Colosseum, Trevi fountain, many shops and restaurants). Staff very friendly and helpful, had our room ready early (nice after a long flight)! Clean rooms, great breakfast. Area is safe for walking. There is a nice rooftop patio to relax at night. Would go again for sure.

1  Thank yowda
Gianluca M, Proprietario at Residenza Maritti, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you for your great review!
We are happy when our guests are satisfied like you!
Your satisfaction is our guarantee!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Gianluca may have been the proudest Roman we've met. His love for his city is contagious. We started with a info talk about the house and Rome on the marvelous rooftop terrace. The house is old but beautifully decorated and the room is too. The temple of Mars Ultor was right outside our window! That makes for an unforgettable experience too of course. The walls are thin so expect to hear your neighbors. The bathroom could use some refurbishment and overhaul. The breakfast is in the house next to the Residenza and is lavish and well provided for. All in all awesome house and very kind staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Gianluca M, Proprietario at Residenza Maritti, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you David for your appreciation.
You are right, we love Rome and our House and we love to share all we can with our guests.
We have planned some renovations, but we need to go step-by-step, old Houses must be treated with respect.
Thanks a lot for your good feedback!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

While priced and classified as a B&B, this didn't feel like one at all. We were on a level with three other rooms with private ensuit bathrooms each, but sharing a kitchen (which was good to have). The room ("Retro") was quiet and we rarely came across our neighbours. The location is the best, across the road from the Roman Forum and a 5 min walk to Cavour Station (you can change trains at Termini to go up to Vatican City). Apart from going to the Vatican City, we walked everywhere. If you have the time, make sure you check out the Borghese Galleries (get a guide for explanation of the art and context), and explore Trastevere across the river, as well local Monti. Our host was very kind and helpful, provided us with a map and guidance on our first day, and an early breakfast before our plane on our last day. Breakfast is awesome (in the lovely little bistro next door). Make sure you have drinks on the rooftop and listen to the music from the street as the sun sets. Magic!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your interesting suggestions about what and how to explore Rome!
We will use them in our introductory presentation of Rome and of the Residenza.
Thanks Bianca!