“More than happy”

St Peter Guest House
Ranked #97 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The staff were very friendly and hospitable - made excellent cappuccino and hot chocolate for breakfast. Having access to free tea and coffee making facilities was a pleasant surprise (out of any of the hotels we had stayed at in Italy, this was the only one where this was available), not to mention the vast array of complimentary snacks at our disposal. Our room was well appointed, four lovely soft pillows atop the comfortable bed. The only draw back was a bit of street noise if the window & outer shutters were left open. It is close to the Vatican & St Peter's Basilica and the pick up point for Rome Open tours sightseeing bus.

Room Tip: The San Pietro room seems to have the best view of the street
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ijezz

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have traveled all over the world and this was one of the most enjoyable vacations ever. I stayed back in January but I'm just now getting around to a review. Still, I feel it's necessary to give credit where it is due.

I've read the other reviews so obviously anyone checking the place out can see that it is close to the Vatican and perfectly situated in the city. What drives such a great review from me was the hospitality and attentiveness of the staff. Rosana was the most friendly and helpful person and deserves to be recognized. She was accommodating and provided such great information for a tourist who had never visited before. Food was terrific and the rooms were perfect. Highly, highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay T
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days in late March. The location and price was excellent. The ladies that run the guesthouse are so kind and helpful. Our room was clean and the size was decent. There is a kitchen area with an array of snacks/drinks available at your will. There was a large assortment for breakfast and the wonderful ladies make a great cappuccino!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nita H
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed here April 2012, very comfortable room with great hairdryer. They supply shower wash, shower cap and small soap. TV has Italian channels only, or UK/USA ones dubbed over in Italian. Very convenient for Metro station, trams and buses. There is a "help yourself" attitude to items in the fridge such as 3 types of water, cans of coke, fanta etc, meats, cake, bread, biscuits, butter and the coffee machine is wonderful. They serve you breakfast and are willing to buy in whatever you like. As I am British and don't like cheese, fruit gateaux or cold meat for breakfast, I had cheerios, toast and honey and an orange. They did ask me if I wanted eggs, etc. but as I was eating enough Italian food during the day I tried to be healthy. One warning - take ear plugs - despite shutters and glass on the windows, the street noise can be heard all night and early in the morning. The staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Minday
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is not a minus point but something I feel potential guests should be aware of...

The guest house is on a main road with trams, buses, cars etc. so there is a bit of ambient noise even the best of double glazing can't keep out. It didn't bother me in the slightest but I suspect there are those whom it would bother. Perhaps you'd be better off out in the suburbs rather than in the thick of it.

The location really is "in the thick of it". The Vatican with all its attractions is a stone's throw from the guest house, I could see the walls from my window. You are right next to (50 yards away) the Ottaviano metro station, so access the rest of the city is on your door step.

The accommodation is clean, modern and comfortable. The rooms aren't big but our room came with its own lounge which was a bonus. There are only 6 rooms so the attention to detail is excellent.

The continental breakfast was served in the kitchen next to our room and was ready to be eaten by the pre-determined time we set with the staff the evening before. You help yourself to whatever is on offer and there was a lot on offer... enough to fill you up for most of the day!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Recommending and booking restaurants was all part of the service.

The free wifi was quick and reliable which is always a plus point for me.

I found the St. Peter Guest House hard to fault and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TonyShields
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Hotel staff were providing the best service I got in my life. They let you feel that you are a family member. Perfect for honeymooners. The location is excellent. It's near the Vatican and just steps away from a metro station. The area is full of shops, pizzerias and coffee shops.
If I would come back to Rome, I would defiantly choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room called San pietro. It has the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khalid575
Reviewed 19 September 2011

After spending several hours researching guest reviews on hotels in Rome I decided to book a room for a few nights at St Peter Guest house. I'm so pleased I did as it was one of the most pleasant places to stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful they make you feel like family. The rooms are modern and clean and the breakfast is very tasty. The location is a 5 minute walk to the Vatican and walking distance to many of the main attractions in Rome. As one of my most favorite places to stay, I couldn't recommend it higher. I thought it was very good value and wouldn't hesitate to book again. Thankyou to the staff for a most wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Auzzy87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Enea Hotel
Esquilino
Hotel Papa Germano
Hotel Papa Germano
#463 of 1,272 in Rome

Been to St Peter Guest House? Share your experiences!