“Can't go wrong here!”

Ranked #109 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
Vancouver
“Can't go wrong here!”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed at this B&B for 5 nights in July and what a find. (I actually stayed 1 floor above at the Vatican Suites but it is the same hotel). Staff were so helpful and kind. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, and so many choices of various cakes and breads to choose from and the cappuccinos were delicious. You are welcome to help yourself to juices, soft drinks or water anytime from the kitchen fridge - all included in the price of your stay and there was always an assortment of biscuits, cookies or chips to snack on as well.
All rooms have been fully renovated. Bed was large and comfortable, and the bathrooms are ultra chic and modern. Yes, as other reviews have said, this B&B is on a main road, but when I closed the windows at night it blocked out 90% of the sound, and there was not a lot of vehicle traffic at night.
You are only 1/2 block away from the subway, and a 5-10 minute walk to the Vatican so location is perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone. Excellent value for the money. I don't write many hotel reviews, but this is one of the best places I've ever stayed. A perfect place to stay in Rome.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Orffman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at st Peters for 2 nights with just my husband, my 3 year old son and myself and then again 5 days later with extra guests, my mother in law and our nephew. We were all amazed by the tasteully decorated rooms, the amazing breakfast made for us each morning and the help yourself to anything in the fridge (cheese, yoghurt, drinks including bottled water, juices, soft drink, iced tea, etc) fresh fruit and nespresso coffee. My mother in law and nephew had stayed else where in Rome only 4 days earlier and were really turned off by Rome, but happy to report they really enjoyed Rome after staying here.
Sleep quality is amazingly really good once you shut the windows and blinds and the staff are absolutely wonderful. So friendly and helpful.
The Vatican is only a 5 minute walk and there is only a 1 minute walk to the subway. Shops around the hotel have quite nice, however signage for the hotel is dismal. Look for the Elvis sign which is a bag shop and then go to the big doors next to them. There is a just bigger than credit card size plaque with the hotels name on it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasmin M
Sippy Downs, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The staff were very friendly and hospitable - made excellent cappuccino and hot chocolate for breakfast. Having access to free tea and coffee making facilities was a pleasant surprise (out of any of the hotels we had stayed at in Italy, this was the only one where this was available), not to mention the vast array of complimentary snacks at our disposal. Our room was well appointed, four lovely soft pillows atop the comfortable bed. The only draw back was a bit of street noise if the window & outer shutters were left open. It is close to the Vatican & St Peter's Basilica and the pick up point for Rome Open tours sightseeing bus.

Room Tip: The San Pietro room seems to have the best view of the street
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ijezz
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have traveled all over the world and this was one of the most enjoyable vacations ever. I stayed back in January but I'm just now getting around to a review. Still, I feel it's necessary to give credit where it is due.

I've read the other reviews so obviously anyone checking the place out can see that it is close to the Vatican and perfectly situated in the city. What drives such a great review from me was the hospitality and attentiveness of the staff. Rosana was the most friendly and helpful person and deserves to be recognized. She was accommodating and provided such great information for a tourist who had never visited before. Food was terrific and the rooms were perfect. Highly, highly recommend!

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jay T
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days in late March. The location and price was excellent. The ladies that run the guesthouse are so kind and helpful. Our room was clean and the size was decent. There is a kitchen area with an array of snacks/drinks available at your will. There was a large assortment for breakfast and the wonderful ladies make a great cappuccino!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nita H
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed here April 2012, very comfortable room with great hairdryer. They supply shower wash, shower cap and small soap. TV has Italian channels only, or UK/USA ones dubbed over in Italian. Very convenient for Metro station, trams and buses. There is a "help yourself" attitude to items in the fridge such as 3 types of water, cans of coke, fanta etc, meats, cake, bread, biscuits, butter and the coffee machine is wonderful. They serve you breakfast and are willing to buy in whatever you like. As I am British and don't like cheese, fruit gateaux or cold meat for breakfast, I had cheerios, toast and honey and an orange. They did ask me if I wanted eggs, etc. but as I was eating enough Italian food during the day I tried to be healthy. One warning - take ear plugs - despite shutters and glass on the windows, the street noise can be heard all night and early in the morning. The staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Minday
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is not a minus point but something I feel potential guests should be aware of...

The guest house is on a main road with trams, buses, cars etc. so there is a bit of ambient noise even the best of double glazing can't keep out. It didn't bother me in the slightest but I suspect there are those whom it would bother. Perhaps you'd be better off out in the suburbs rather than in the thick of it.

The location really is "in the thick of it". The Vatican with all its attractions is a stone's throw from the guest house, I could see the walls from my window. You are right next to (50 yards away) the Ottaviano metro station, so access the rest of the city is on your door step.

The accommodation is clean, modern and comfortable. The rooms aren't big but our room came with its own lounge which was a bonus. There are only 6 rooms so the attention to detail is excellent.

The continental breakfast was served in the kitchen next to our room and was ready to be eaten by the pre-determined time we set with the staff the evening before. You help yourself to whatever is on offer and there was a lot on offer... enough to fill you up for most of the day!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Recommending and booking restaurants was all part of the service.

The free wifi was quick and reliable which is always a plus point for me.

I found the St. Peter Guest House hard to fault and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple