“Brilliant Base for Visiting Rome!”

St Peter Guest House
Ranked #112 of 3,722 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was my 3rd visit to Rome & by far the best place I have stayed. My 2 friends & I arrived at 11.30pm to a lovely welcome from Francesca. She showed us to our room which had a double & a single bed with a good sized toilet/shower room.

In the reception area you write down the time at which you'd like breakfast & Francesca will come & make it for you. We had bacon, eggs, juice, fruit, coffee etc with freshly baked bread, cakes & pastries. It definitley sets you up for the day! There is access to the kitchen all day with water, juices, coffee, tea, meats, cheeses, fruit, crisps etc.

The Vatican & St. Peter's Square is a 10 minute walk where you can visit the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums & join the open top tour bus which I highly recommend. There are a number of restaurants & ice cream shops near the hotel but no bars if that's what you're looking for. It's a very safe & secure location & Via Ottaviano is a great street for fashion. We were surprised to find that designer shoes & bags were not as expensive as in the UK. I can't recommend St. Peter's enough for couples, friends & families.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pamalama

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room is nice, tall ceiling, nice wallpaper and the bed was comfy with nice cushions. The bathroom was compact but nicely done up with a hairdryer included. We had access to breakfast which they cooked for us, eggs and bacon typically and also had access to snacks and cakes which they provided in the day. You could also help yourself to coffee, drinks and teas as well as fruit for free. The only minor complaint I would say is that you can hear people going into the kitchen as its close to the bedrooms. This really is a minor complaint. The rooms are cleaned daily which is good. The host was friendly and advised us of where to go and gave us tips which was nice. All in all a nice place to stay in Rome.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VVNJJ
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in St Peters Guest House for 3 night break/girls weekend. We stayed in a tastefully decorated and furnished family room with ensuite facilities. Small shared kitchen and dining area, where breakfast is served at time which suits the guests. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The kitchen is stocked with soft drinks, cheeses, cold meats, crackers, fruit and coffees for guests to use at any time. A nice touch was a bottle of sparkling wine on ice, left out for guests in the evening - much appreciated after a days sightseeing! Ideal location, 5 mins walk to the Vatican. Some nice clothes/bags/shoe shops nearby. Will definately stay here again when visiting Rome !! Great value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladypenelopeFalkirk
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a truly wonderful stay here.

The staff we met were all as polite and helpful as the last. We talked with them at breakfast and they were great, The hotel itself is very clean and spacious. The drinks, espresso and food is all included in the bill and they insist you make yourself at home. In the morning they cooked us bacon and eggs, brought focaccia bread and made us coffee. All with a smile on their face. They let me check in early and when i checked out they let me leave my bag in the hotel. Because i had a late flight and checked out at 2pm they insisted i take a spare key to the hotel and help myself to the coffee and drinks.

The location is 1minutes walk from the Metro, 5 minutes walk to the Vatican and close to everywhere you need to see.

I WILL be staying here again. It really made our time in Rome that little bit easier and better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank domridley
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here for one night in June 2013. I was in Rome a week earlier and this property was not available for my first passage. Boy was I happy to stay here the second time around.

First, it is literally steps from the ottaviano metro. Can't beat that. Very close to the Vatican, and not too far walking from most of Rome's attractions. The place is easy to find and I was able to arrange a late check-in without any hassle.

The free breakfast was absolutely wonderful. Eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit, cappuccino, and lots of snacks available round the clock from the kitchen area, including juices, wine and even champagne!

I made the most of my last morning in Rome, and it was no trouble checking out at the noon deadline. Everything was smooth and easy.

Given the level of hospitality, care, and attention for a single-traveller one-night-guest, I was very impressed.

The rooms are very modern, clean, big enough by European standards, very cool and cosy.

This place seems to have it all. I have already planned my next stay here and can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

St Peter's Guest House is a two minute walk from Ottaviano Metro Station and a five minute walk from Vatican City, so is a perfect location for sight seeing. It is a converted grand apartment and comprises four double bedrooms with ensuite facilities. We asked for a quiet room and were given 'Michelangelo' which was absolutely perfect, overlooking the courtyard at the back, so away from the noise of the traffic. The various receptionists were wonderful: all incredibly helpful and charming. The small dining area was well stocked with snacks and drinks and even a Nespresso coffee machine - all of which were free of charge during the day. Breakfast consisted of prosciutto, cheese, bread and the most amazing selection of delicious but fattening Italian cakes. All in all a very good find and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

No doubt about it, this place has been one of the best experiences ever in terms of accomodation. Roma would not have been as enjoyable as it was without the beautiful rooms in the centre of Rome. Literally 10 mins away from the Vatican and with excellent connections throughout the city. Super clean and friendly with better facilities and friendlier staff than that of many 4 and 5 star hotels I've been in the past. Cannot recommend enough...Breakfast better than many buffets and free takes to the very well socked frige. Thank you all at the guest house from all 4 of us, you could not have been frienlier or more helpful.!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends