“Bello !!!!Beautiful”

Villa Pirandello
Ranked #88 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
“Bello !!!!Beautiful”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I'm Italian and I have experienced this hotel with great pleasure for the position, quite and great service, good breakfast with a great choice of fresh food savoury and sweet, good Italian coffee, and a kindness that makes you in a good mood immediately!!!Thanks for the fantastic experience you made my day!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a nice big room on the ground floor, the ceiling of the room made me think of an office room ceiling, which made the room less cosy. They offer excellent quality soap, shampoo and other amenities in the bathroom. The bathroom needs renovation however in my opinion. Staff is friendly. Minibar items are reasonably priced. Breakfast is very good (at least according to Italian standards). Wifi connection was very reliable, without need to login again every few hours like many hotels suffer from.
A walk to the B Metro line took us 10 minutes. The nearest bus stop is just around the corner.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank knolpa
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I and our two teenage kids had a great stay at Hotel Villa Pirandello. I really have nothing negative to say. The hotel is modern, clean, in good repair. The rooms were nice. My wife and I had a deluxe with patio which was very nice and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful without being fake or pretentious. They had good tips, gave good directions and all in all were helpful. Wifi was good.

Breakfast was quite nice as well. They had a variety: various pastries with jams, fresh fruits, bread (mostly for toasting, not the greatest bread), cheeses, cold cuts, cereals (including granola), fruit juices (somewhat sweet, not fresh squeezed), yogurt, good coffee.

Location - be aware that the hotel is in a residential neighborhood about 3 miles from the center of Rome. The #60 bus, 20-25 minute ride to Piazza de Venezzia (the center of everything) is around the corner, literally 2-3 minutes walk away, and the Bologna metro station (3 stops to Termini train station, 5 stops to the Colosseum) is 10 minutes walk away.

We would return here.

Room Tip: Deluxe with patio was great. Shower was amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DYav
san francisco
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a great hotel with an outstanding staff. The location is outside the city center with great access to transit to get inside the city (buses or metro), or to Termimi Station. The staff of the hotel is outstanding, with good English and terrific pointers, suggestions, and service. The breakfast and wifi are great, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I stayed there recently with some friends and we all loved this hotel. I give this hotel a very strong recommendation because the staff has put together a wonderful place to stay and visit Rome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rattydukes
Hamilton
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were a group of 4 with two rooms. One was small but the other was pretty big. The staff were very good and spoke pretty good english. The breakfast was more than adequate and with free wifi the cost was very reasonable. It is a quiet area but close to the metro ( a 20 minute walk) and I understand the bus is virtually out the door. The rooms were very neat and clean. The shower was very small and the only negative was that it took a really really long time for the water to get hot. In the end I gave up waiting and was having a cold shower when it started to get hot. There was no problem in the other room so I donr know what the story was but overall a great place ot stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank golfingkiwi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I read a review of this hotel before booking. The reviewer described this hotel as 'a haven' from all the hustle and bustle of Rome and i can only endorse his feelings after spending 4 nights there mid-June. Our room was compact to say the least, but a massive bed and beautiful linen as well as having excellent air con, made up for the size. The bathroom was very modern and clean but i have to say a shelf in the shower would have really helped me with my bottles and i did struggle to cope with the shower head which seemed to have a mind of its own! Overall though - when in Rome - we would return to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Lindsay_Couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Me and my friend spend Bank holiday weekend in Rome and it was fantastic!
We took early flight and spend whole day in city; then decided to drop our bags and check in and continue sign seeing.
You might think that the hotel is far from "the centre" well it took us max 10 min by tube from Coloseum to Bologna which is closese tube station. Walk from tube to hotel was another 5-8 minutes max. And its just straight line so nothing dramatic.
We were welcomed but great smiley host. This place is beautifull! has its own lift ;-) and everyone was very polite. We were explained how to use our key when coming back late, but again quite straight forward. When we came back from town that evening although it was late, there was staff sitting in restaurant so we didn't need to use our key.
Room was clean and ready; comfy beds, and very clean bathroom. We had enough of clean towels even we had sweets on the desk next to TV. I would say massive wardrobe is more than enough for your clothes and luggage if you staying longer; but we just stayed one night so didn't see a point of unpacking. I found the room quiet and in good location; letting the sun in, but not too much of it :-) I think as the place is in more less residential area, you would not be bothered with any noise here. Also I didn't feel rushed, so another good point.
I was impresed with breakfast! home made cakes, and different kinds of filled croisants, fruits, cereals, cold meats and chees; typical european breakfast. Waitres made us coffe from coffe machine which in my view is massive plus.
Next day we had trip to vatican and this took us again by tube plus minus 30 min; so not bad at all.
I would sugets you download the tripadvisor city guide app on your phone, you can plug in all placesy ou want to see as well as hotels where you staying; thanks to that our journey and orientation was breeze :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends