“See Rome by Segway”

All Rome Segway Tour
Ranked #283 of 769 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wonderful experience of living Rome by Segway!The Segway Tour is the best solution if you have just a three hours to visit the historical center in less time than simply walking. See More and Have More Fun.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
nashville, United States
6 attraction reviews
“See Rome by Segway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was a little nervous about a segway tour when I saw the Rome traffic, but I agreed to a night tour and I'm so glad I did.

We with with a relatively new company called Finding Segway Rome and our guide was Andrew. We did a Saturday night tour. He had me go forward and backward on the machine in the small office before we left then we went to a nearby park to make sure I was comfortable with turns before we hit the road.

In the beginning I was a bit nervous and Andrew sensed this. He actually held onto the front of my Segway when we crossed streets until I was more sure of myself. But in not time, I was hell on wheels.

We did a private tour -- just my husband and me -- which I highly recommend, if possible. We went all over the place and had a blast. I do warn, it was a little hard to get out of bed the next morning. Segwaying over those cobblestone streets is jarring to one's body, though at the time it's so much fun you don't notice.

I recommend the experience and I recommend this company. Ask for Andrew. He's fabulous!

Visited October 2013

Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I were in Rome for 4 days and had little time to do all the sites by our selves in the traditional way (walking tour). So, we decided, besides taking the regular site tours available, to look for an alternative and more productive way of moving around the city, and thank God we landed with de "Finding Segway Rome" guys. The experience was simply OUTSTANDING. After a brief 10-15 min intro to riding the Segways (that's all you need - it is simple and very easy to master), we took the 3 hour tour which ended up being a 4 hour afternoon ride, packed of sightseeing, learning about the Roman culture and history, lots of pictures (on the best spots possible) and above all that, having lots of fun riding the segways within the city. We got every where faster (than walking) with access to almost any place you can access by walking, and then some. The guide, Andrew, was an excellent companion. Dedicated, watching over us all the time and careful to explain every detail on every site we visited, making sure that our experience would be something that we would never forget. I would highly recommend this tour with the guys of FINDING SEGWAY ROME... It was the highlight of our visit to Rome.

1 Thank Luis V
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Really fun, and an ideal overview of all the major sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our private 3-hour night tour with Finding Segway Roma was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. We scheduled our segway tour for our first evening in Rome, and it was the perfect venue for an overview of all the major sites in the city.

We found Finding Segway Roma on tripadvisor and chose them because it seemed that they provided more personal attention than other similar segway tours, and there weren’t complaints about problems learning to ride the segways safely.
We booked a private tour rather than a group tour because we wanted to be able to take our time learning to ride (which actually turned out to be easy).
We chose an evening tour because we thought the streets would be quieter (and they were), the weather would be cooler (and it was), and the city would look beautiful at night (and it did).
We also wanted to get a “lay of the land” and an overview of the city on our first night in Rome so that we could spend the next 3 days exploring on our own.
The segway tour was a perfect preview.

Our guide, Andrew, spoke perfect English and patiently coached us in the correct use of the segways.
After some preliminary training in their small shop on Via Labicana 94 near the Colosseum, Andrew led us into a neighboring park where we could practice going up and down hills, making turns, and going up curbs.
After about a half hour of fun practice, we were on our way, following Andrew all over the 7 hills of Rome.
We started around the Colosseum, and then zipped around to every major site, including the Piazza Navona, Piazza della Repubblica, Via del Corso, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza del Popolo, the Borghese Gardens, and many more.

Andrew often took us down quiet little side streets to avoid traffic, and we loved getting a glimpse of an insider’s Rome. While breezing down a pretty, ivy-coved street called Via Margutta we noticed a lovely little restaurant full of locals (Osteria Margutta), and we decided to go back there for dinner on our last night. (Loved it)

Andrew was full of interesting information and offered an almost-constant commentary on all the sites and monuments. Several times, he stopped to snap our picture in front of an iconic background.

We could not have been more delighted with our experience.
They were a pleasure to deal with from the moment we contacted them by email, to the taxi ride they arranged to pick us up at our hotel, to the terrific, incredibly fun tour, and to our charming guide, Andrew. When we realized we accidentally left a sunglass case in our segway satchel, they were even kind enough to drop it off at our hotel the next day.

Finding Segway Roma is the best way to quickly and effortlessly cover a lot of territory, and we loved the whole experience.

1 Thank Cindy F
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“The only way to see Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We just finished our tour with Andrew. We couldn't be more pleased. His passion of Rome's history and the way he zipped us down the back streets and showed us the best places to see and eat will make the rest of our stay here that much better.

Thanks Andrew!

Dublin, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

No better way to get in all the sights of Rome. Our guide, Andrew, was fantastic, very knowledgable. Such a fun experience and great value.

Visited September 2013

Been to Finding Segway Rome? Share your experiences!