“Great experience for a first time hostel visit”

Dreaming Rome Hostel
Ranked #58 of 1,131 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Dreaming Rome hostel, this was my first hostel experience and I could have not chosen a better place to stay. Fabio and Dominico are really warm and friendly and will go out of their way to help you with anything that you need.

The hostel is small, but you do not feel that everyone is in your face, it is possible to get some quiet time. I would really recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Dreaming Rome Hostel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Rome isn't a cheap place, but spending a few extra buckets for a hostel than I would normally do was so well worth it.
I have been in a fair few hostels all over the world yet, but this was/is by far the best experience I ever had.
Those two brothers are really in it wholeheartedly. To begin with I loved the glittery sparkeling design!!!
It's a bit strange at first as you enter a normal flat. The brothers do live in one room, there's 2 bathrooms, 1 double bed room and 2 dorms. I was in the smaller one with 3 bunk beds.
There's a small kitchen where you can help yourself with breakfast and 2 computers to check the internet. This room might be small, but during my stay it was the live of the flat - I met some amazing people from all over the world & we sat together halfway through the night.
The brothers regularly cook italian for the guest - unfortunately I always missed that :(

It's situated pretty central. Termini Station is only 20min by foot as well as the Collosseum. Closest metro station was like 5min to walk

For my next visit I definately will book this again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngelOfIslington
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff are really friendly and welcome you when you arrive. I stayed in the private room and was met with a bottle of red wine. They offered some freshly made pasta & basil pesto one evening when getting back late, which was very nice of them.

The only negative I have is that when I arrived I needed to pay in cash, and this didn't include the 2 Euro per night tourist tax. I wasn't aware of until I arrived, so had to find a local ATM. After looking I can see this is mentioned on 1 of the hostel booking sites but not the other, but only in the small description area. Whilst this was sorted out quickly, I think this should be made more apparent before booking.

Despite this, I think the hostel is fantastic and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What a warm welcome my friend and I received on a hot day in August. Fabio is an awesome guy who can make anyone feel at home! Pizza nights in the hostel was a great way of meeting everyone and did I mention.. free! I would only come back to Dreaming Rome hostel as it was the most I felt at home anywhere in Europe. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Private or dorm room are excellent. Dorm room better for meeting new people!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ZachD93
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very nice hostel, the staff (Fabio and Domenico) will do anything to make sure that you are having a good time in Rome! Also, every person I met in the hostel are very friendly and will give you hints for your next destination!

Room Tip: The mixed room has a/c!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This a unique place. The rooms and the facilities are great (including free internet and breakfast) but what makes this hostel really special is its host Fabio.

Fabio will go out of his way to ensure that you have a good time. Every night we were there he cooked free pasta for everyone. This was not only a tasty and cheap way to start the evening but it brought everyone in the hostel together so by the third night I felt like I was coming home not back to a hostel. One night Fabio took us all out to the local cafe where we drank and mingled with the locals.

If was a millionaire and came back to Rome I would stay here without a second though. This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wpalmer81
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I came to the Dreaming Rome hostel by myself before I met up with friends in Florence. I was feeling a little lonely, but Fabio and Domenico both made me feel so welcome, they are very warm and kind people.

The rooms are comfortable and clean, and brightly decorated. The complimentary breakfast is a nice tough! The decor is a sight to see. They gave me a great map of Rome, and guided me in finding the best ways to explore the Eternal City. They told me where to book in advance etc - always so helpful to have hostel staff with local knowledge! I spent my days mostly at the Forum, and slept like a baby in their very comfortable beds.

I would definitely return, had a fantastic stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo