“Friendly and fun”

Dreaming Rome Hostel
Ranked #54 of 1,134 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It's been said previously, but Dreaming Rome really is like staying at your friend's apartment. Fabio will whip up dinner, take you out for cocktails and stop for late night pizza on the way home. I even mentioned that I was looking to bring home some of the colorful dried pasta and he went out and bought some for me. The hostel is moving up a couple of floors next month and will have a bigger common space (the only drawback that I could find). Easy bus and metro access, great pizza down the street at Orinsini, walking distance to the Coliseum.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Dreaming Rome Hostel

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The hostel is ideally located close to San Giovanni metro stop, close to shops, San Giovanni church, etc.
there is a kitchen where you can prepare your own meals, and there's Fabio, the owner who treats you like family. He gives you great advise using the map, and will cook pasta dishes for free. He makes your trip to Rome even better!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Dreaming Rome hostel, this was my first hostel experience and I could have not chosen a better place to stay. Fabio and Dominico are really warm and friendly and will go out of their way to help you with anything that you need.

The hostel is small, but you do not feel that everyone is in your face, it is possible to get some quiet time. I would really recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Rome isn't a cheap place, but spending a few extra buckets for a hostel than I would normally do was so well worth it.
I have been in a fair few hostels all over the world yet, but this was/is by far the best experience I ever had.
Those two brothers are really in it wholeheartedly. To begin with I loved the glittery sparkeling design!!!
It's a bit strange at first as you enter a normal flat. The brothers do live in one room, there's 2 bathrooms, 1 double bed room and 2 dorms. I was in the smaller one with 3 bunk beds.
There's a small kitchen where you can help yourself with breakfast and 2 computers to check the internet. This room might be small, but during my stay it was the live of the flat - I met some amazing people from all over the world & we sat together halfway through the night.
The brothers regularly cook italian for the guest - unfortunately I always missed that :(

It's situated pretty central. Termini Station is only 20min by foot as well as the Collosseum. Closest metro station was like 5min to walk

For my next visit I definately will book this again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngelOfIslington
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff are really friendly and welcome you when you arrive. I stayed in the private room and was met with a bottle of red wine. They offered some freshly made pasta & basil pesto one evening when getting back late, which was very nice of them.

The only negative I have is that when I arrived I needed to pay in cash, and this didn't include the 2 Euro per night tourist tax. I wasn't aware of until I arrived, so had to find a local ATM. After looking I can see this is mentioned on 1 of the hostel booking sites but not the other, but only in the small description area. Whilst this was sorted out quickly, I think this should be made more apparent before booking.

Despite this, I think the hostel is fantastic and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What a warm welcome my friend and I received on a hot day in August. Fabio is an awesome guy who can make anyone feel at home! Pizza nights in the hostel was a great way of meeting everyone and did I mention.. free! I would only come back to Dreaming Rome hostel as it was the most I felt at home anywhere in Europe. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Private or dorm room are excellent. Dorm room better for meeting new people!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ZachD93
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very nice hostel, the staff (Fabio and Domenico) will do anything to make sure that you are having a good time in Rome! Also, every person I met in the hostel are very friendly and will give you hints for your next destination!

Room Tip: The mixed room has a/c!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo