“When in Rome ... book Silvia”

A Friend In Rome Tours
Ranked #45 of 937 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: "A Friend in Rome" is a new personal way to build up YOUR tour! The itinerary is discussed and created with you, based on a deep knowledge of the city of Rome and an informal friendly attitude to let you feel at ease. The tour is private just for your and your party, at your pace and focused on what you are really interested in seeing and enjoying in town!From now on, you too have a friend in Rome!
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I booked Silvia for a 3 hour walking tour for me and my dad. My dad had visited Rome previously, but was my first time. Silvia replied promptly to my initial enquiry and setting up the walk was incredibly easy. She was at our designated meeting point exactly on time and the three hours flew by. We had requested to do slightly less touristy stuff and she took us over to the Tiber Island, then through the quiet streets of Trastevere, away from the throngs, stopping in to a couple of beautiful and tourist free churches and working her magic to get us access to frescos we would never have otherwise known existed. My dad is a huge Bernini fan and we incorporated a sculpture he'd not seen before, a coffee (toilet) stop, old Jewish ghetto area and loads more ... with Silvia answering all our questions along the way.

Rome is the kind of city that benefits from having someone like Silvia help unlock its secrets, stories, mysteries and antiquities that are literally oozing from the stones and cobbles ... that would otherwise go unnoticed. She was really lovely and both my dad and I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent with her and I would highly recommend booking her (if you're able to) as I think the experience would really improve your visit to Rome. Thanks Silvia.

All reviews
"gelato"
in 14 reviews
"roman holiday"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 5 reviews
"roman history"
in 8 reviews
"great guide"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Silvia was incredibly helpful from planning our trip to Rome and giving us advice about what we could see in the time available, recommending a great driver, to making sure we had the best tour possible given the awful weather conditions.
We were in Rome on the day of the torrential rains and Silvia re-organised the day so that we made the most of it. She was extremely knowledgable and shared the information in an accessible and engaging way. She was friendly and professional. We strongly recommend Silvia for a tour of Rome.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We did a 3 hour walking tour with Sylvia on the day we arrived in Rome. It was a fantastic way to orientate us and get an overview of the ancient city. Sylvia was very knowledgable and flexible around our tour preference. Just enough information. Well worth the time and cost. Highly recommended

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This was our second trip to Rome and we didn't hesitate contacting Silvia again.
We thoroughly enjoyed both of our tours with Silvia. The first was to Tivoli to visit Hadrian's Villa and Villa D'Este. Silvia's knowledge of both villas and their history was interesting and impressive. Having a driver made this tour easier than attempting the various public transport modes.
Our second tour was a walking tour of Trastevere and Giancolo. Again we were impressed with Silvia's knowledge. It was an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.
We will definitely spend time with our Friend in Rome next time we visit.