“perfect location”

Ranked #31 of 1,088 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Thessaloniki, Greece
“perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

The spagna royal suite is new, modern, very clean ,centraly located acomodation in the very heart of Rome.The rooms and breakfast areas are more than five stars.The reception desk was verry helpful with everything concerning our room , and recomented a parking for our car just five minutes walk from the hotel.Perfect location for shopping and walking to all sights, restaurants, caffees.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OYRANIA C
, Direttore vendite at Spagna Royal Suite Rome, responded to this review, 30 December 2015
Dear Oyrania C, thank you very much for your review.
I'm currently in charge of replying to all comments about our Hotel and I decided to take care of the old reviews as well, just to let you know how important has been for us and to inform you about important improvements we made to Spagna Royal Suite.
Since the time you was our Guest, we grown bigger and added variety to the offer of rooms, keeping a focus on what we consider our distinctive sign, create a luxury brand in the hospitality business in Rome.
Our success has its roots on the perseverance to follow a dream that our Owner instill in all of us, on the passion that we put on our job everyday and on the gratification that we receive as a result of all the Guests that, like you, choose our Hotel for their stay in Rome and then, with reviews like yours, confirm the feeling of the same vibration, the same emotion, the same astonishment that we always feel.
I'll be happy to receive your feedback, you can always write to the Hotel's e-mail address specifying my full name on the subject; and if you'll like to come and stay again with us, contact me as well and you will have a very special treatment.

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

You approach the hotel and the door is somewhat grand but does look like the door to apartments not a hotel, once intercommneed the very helpful receptionist took care of our bags and sent us to the second floor to check in. The entrance once we exited the lift blew us away! From the very humble netrance downstairs you weould not imagine the hotel which is on the send and third floor. The interior is very grand and immaculate. We were greeted with drinks and seated to be checked in. Our room was small but luxurious and had leather clad walls and an original mosaic on the ceiling. Opposite our room was a fish tank wall, quite stunning! The hotel was in the process of being extended when we visited but the floor we stayed we had no distruptions. The hotle is a 1 minute walk to the spanish steps and an excellent location tin which to explore rome from.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Emily M
Dear Niki00fly, thank you very much for your review.

NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

The side alley entrance door with no signage aside, this was the best lodging of our trip. Chic decor only 3 years old. Rooms are virtually new and come complete with tufted leather doors and mosaic tile. Awesome location a block or two from the Spanish Steps, great shopping, put my teen sons in their own room and they didn't want to leave. Decorator had a blast doing this hotel. Great bedding, room temp was perfect. Would stay again in a minute. Room 402 is oversized, 404 smaller with round bed but great ambience. Staff very helpful. Stayed in older classic Rome hotel near Piazza Navona and wished we'd stayed here. Fun hotel for a couple days stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Chewync, thank you very much for your review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel was amazing. Location wise you could not ask for better, so central to everything. Staff was excellent, very accomodating, friendly & professional. Rooms where much bigger than we expected & recently rennovated. We can't wait to go back & see the finishing touches. We will definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara J
Dear SaraJ, thank you very much for your review.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Spagna royal suites as a family if 4 and thought it was great. It is in a really central location and the accommodation was really modern and new. There was plenty of room for 4, especially for European standards.
The free wi-Fi was fantastic.
It was a little difficult to find as it doesn't have a sign on street level and the entrance/lift is small and unusual but don't let that put you off.
The breakfast was great and they are really gluten free friendly with cereals, biscuits, cakes.....
Wold definitely stay there again if we went back to Rome...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Willsoph
Dear Willsoph, thank you very much for your review.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Spagna Royal Suite is boutique hotel meaning it does not have a large reception nor the typical off the street entrance. Therefor, a hidden treasure!! Each room has a different decor that lets your fantasies run wild!! We loved it!! The very best quality is used in everything from the materials on the wall, the bathroom accessories to the linens and towels!! There are three or four floors with each one enchanting you with a different theme!! Our floor was the ´Forrest´as i called it! the moment you entered, you ´smelled´the one, the wood...as though in a real forrest!! I loved it. The third floor had aquariums!! Just magical!! The entire staff was very professional and friendly!! Very accommodating. Massimo, the owner is brilliant!! and very charming and extremely polite! The reception staff are top notch! It is still in the phase of expansion so no restaurant really but they try their best to offer an Italian breakfast to start your day! Your in the heart of Roma and it´s a perfect place to call ´home´for the length of your stay!! I highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: My favorite floor was the Forrest, as i call it.....
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jacquie O, thank you very much for your review.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

A boutique hotel right next to the Spanish steps.

Great location for shopping, sight seeing and where all the action is !
Spagna Royal is a hotel you wouldn't expect to find in Rome... each individual room has a unique Neo modern design and room sizes varies from small to large. Most hotels in European cities are tiny, but at least the small rooms here are still considered decent size.

Staff was very friendly and helpful when I needed directions of where to go and what to do.
I was taken aback (positively) when one of the staff actually waited up for my return late at night (I was travelling alone in Rome). The owner Massimo was extremely welcoming, nice and charming and made sure all guest felt at home.

It may not be your 5 star equivalent of hotels in Asia.. But I have to give it for European standards. Most hotels in Europe are old, interior design/decor are not as modern and nothing ever works. At least this hotel is new and clean and at least the aircon was working well in the summer.

I would recommend my friends to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dear Gillian L, thank you very much for your review.