“Brilliant hotel in perfect location”

Spagna Royal Suite Rome
Ranked #42 of 1,194 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 11 November 2013

If you're looking for a luxurious, boutique style hotel within walking distance of all the main attractions, sights, restaurants and shops, this is the perfect place to stay. My partner and I stayed here for a long weekend from 18th-20th of October and did not want to leave. Our stay at the Spagna Royal Suites really made our holiday by adding that extra little something.

On arrival we warmly greeted, with a drink, by the front of house staff. The service really could not have been better - they were friendly, polite and extremely helpful, We were offered some useful information on places to go and see, including directions and a map.

A lot of reviews have complained about the exterior of the building and the lift, but quite honestly I didn't feel this mattered in the slightest. If anything, it adds to the quaint feel of Rome and gives you even more of a wow-factor once you see the inside of the suites and rooms.

Our room was an Executive room - beautifully decorated, ample space, complete with coffee machine, mini bar and it's own gym! We've stayed in many lovely hotels but this really did blow us away. It had a wonderful clean, comfy bed where we slept really well.

Breakfast was absolutely fine, exactly what you would expect of a continental breakfast - cereal, bread, meats, cheeses, pastries, yogurt, fruit etc. Breakfast is served in two different rooms - one located on the 4th floor (near reception) and the other on the 1st floor. We felt this was quite a nice idea, it makes the areas a bit less crowded, giving a more intimate experience. The breakfast room on the 1st floor was spectacularly furnished - again adding to the luxurious boutique feel.

Location-wise this hotel could not have been better placed for us. It was literally around the corner from the Spanish Steps and all the main shopping streets. We walked everywhere, including to the Collosseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona but to name a few. All of these places were very close by and we found them to be a wonderful stroll allowing us to take in the city and it's sights.

I spent a lot of time researching Rome hotels beforehand and I am so pleased I went ahead with the Spagna Royal Suites. I always value hotels on their cleanliness, friendliness of staff, location and value for money. The Spagna Royal Suites ticked all the boxes and despite the fact that I like to try new places all the time, we will definitely come back here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shade2308
Management response:Responded 30 December 2015

Dear Shade2308, thank you very much for your review.
I'm currently in charge of replying to all comments about our Hotel and I decided to take care of the old reviews as well, just to let you know how important has been for us and to inform you about important improvements we made to Spagna Royal Suite.
Since the time you was our Guest, we grown bigger and added variety to the offer of rooms, keeping a focus on what we consider our distinctive sign, create a luxury brand in the hospitality business in Rome.
Our success has its roots on the perseverance to follow a dream that our Owner instill in all of us, on the passion that we put on our job everyday and on the gratification that we receive as a result of all the Guests that, like you, choose our Hotel for their stay in Rome and then, with reviews like yours, confirm the feeling of the same vibration, the same emotion, the same astonishment that we always feel.
I'll be happy to receive your feedback, you can always write to the Hotel's e-mail address specifying my full name on the subject; and if you'll like to come and stay again with us, contact me as well and you will have a very special treatment.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Extremely disappointed in the manner the staff have handled the situation, after spending time , energy and numerous phone calls to the so called boutique hotel and our telephone conversation, sending my credit card details ,also reserving a car service , with our flight details.
I must say in all the years of staying at some of the most prestigious properties around the world , I have never experienced or encountered such lack of communication.
I spoke to Miss Romina, who was extremely repetitive and at defense of the error made on your staff 's behalf. If they could read English , my email clearly stated that I simply needed someone to forward the original email that was no longer saved on my computer.
Do you really think that after spending hours in trying to co-ordinate my stay for a Special occasion that we needed to cancel.?
They cancelled without any apology and I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY to any one who is accustomed to comfort and style . It seems that if you are requesting any details to them as they can not deliver , they will simply cancel and waste your time.
There are many True Luxury Properties in Rome and Hotels not Bed and Breakfast with no stars****.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank paris16eme
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you're looking for an unusual Roman Hotel perfectly placed at the bottom of the Spanish Steps, then this is it. This isn't your standard or typical Italian hotel. It's fun, eclectic and theme oriented. It is positioned on various floors of a building with the reception being on the 3rd (I believe i 'm recalling the right floor). The owner has created a theme for each room and decorated each hallway leading to the rooms with a different theme as well. A definite must see, very friendly, attentive and helpful staff. This stay will provide a very memorable experience.

Management response:Responded 30 December 2015

Dear Tennisdeuce, thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Spagna Royal suite is a wonderful hotel so close to the Spanish Steps. We were delighted to stay in their family suite which was tastefully decorated. We were warmly greeted by Romina who was very helpful to us throughout our stay, even the owner, Massimo made everything very comfortable for us. The hotel has modern décor and I found that it was truly value for money compared to some of the other places in Rome. The entrance is abit drab as it does not belong to the hotel but u can easily look beyond that.

Management response:Responded 30 December 2015

Dear Michelle P, thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The spagna royal suite is new, modern, very clean ,centraly located acomodation in the very heart of Rome.The rooms and breakfast areas are more than five stars.The reception desk was verry helpful with everything concerning our room , and recomented a parking for our car just five minutes walk from the hotel.Perfect location for shopping and walking to all sights, restaurants, caffees.

1  Thank OYRANIA C
Management response:Responded 30 December 2015

Dear Oyrania C, thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

You approach the hotel and the door is somewhat grand but does look like the door to apartments not a hotel, once intercommneed the very helpful receptionist took care of our bags and sent us to the second floor to check in. The entrance once we exited the lift blew us away! From the very humble netrance downstairs you weould not imagine the hotel which is on the send and third floor. The interior is very grand and immaculate. We were greeted with drinks and seated to be checked in. Our room was small but luxurious and had leather clad walls and an original mosaic on the ceiling. Opposite our room was a fish tank wall, quite stunning! The hotel was in the process of being extended when we visited but the floor we stayed we had no distruptions. The hotle is a 1 minute walk to the spanish steps and an excellent location tin which to explore rome from.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emily M
Management response:Responded 30 December 2015

Dear Niki00fly, thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The side alley entrance door with no signage aside, this was the best lodging of our trip. Chic decor only 3 years old. Rooms are virtually new and come complete with tufted leather doors and mosaic tile. Awesome location a block or two from the Spanish Steps, great shopping, put my teen sons in their own room and they didn't want to leave. Decorator had a blast doing this hotel. Great bedding, room temp was perfect. Would stay again in a minute. Room 402 is oversized, 404 smaller with round bed but great ambience. Staff very helpful. Stayed in older classic Rome hotel near Piazza Navona and wished we'd stayed here. Fun hotel for a couple days stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 30 December 2015

Dear Chewync, thank you very much for your review.