“Very Quirky”

Ranked #31 of 1,088 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Cambridge
“Very Quirky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in the room with the shoe, after reading many comments about it being hard to find and a pokey lift we were a bit apprehensive, but we loved the lift, it was so old fashioned and small we giggled all the way to the fourth floor, the door has no sign only a number 3, you press the intercom and the door opens into a big indoor courtyard down to another door, where the lift is, or you can use the stone steps, the staff were excellent and the room looked onto the street and surprisingly it was very quiet and very spacious. The bed was so comfortable, the shower was luke warm though but quite nice after the blazing heat. I think it was done in 2010 and the room was showing signs that it needed a bit of attention. I would definitely stay in this hotel again but I would recommend no more than two days and stay in a different room each time. The breakfast was good, enough for two of us, the location was perfect. The only downside no pool or roof top area which would have been nice especially in the heat and if I was being picky a dressing gown but the slippers were a good touch. There are good and negative things about the hotel as you cannot please everyone, all I would say is spend 1/2 nights there and experience it for yourself.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy W
, Direttore vendite at Spagna Royal Suite Rome, responded to this review, 30 December 2015
Dear Tracy W, thank you very much for your review.
I'm currently in charge of replying to all comments about our Hotel and I decided to take care of the old reviews as well, just to let you know how important has been for us and to inform you about important improvements we made to Spagna Royal Suite.
Since the time you was our Guest, we grown bigger and added variety to the offer of rooms, keeping a focus on what we consider our distinctive sign, create a luxury brand in the hospitality business in Rome.
Our success has its roots on the perseverance to follow a dream that our Owner instill in all of us, on the passion that we put on our job everyday and on the gratification that we receive as a result of all the Guests that, like you, choose our Hotel for their stay in Rome and then, with reviews like yours, confirm the feeling of the same vibration, the same emotion, the same astonishment that we always feel.
I'll be happy to receive your feedback, you can always write to the Hotel's e-mail address specifying my full name on the subject; and if you'll like to come and stay again with us, contact me as well and you will have a very special treatment.

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a wonderful time staying at this lovely hotel. The staff were helpful at every level giving us royal treatment and terrific advice on the dining, events and attractions of the city. We felt really much part of the city, welcome and very well informed. The room was very comfortable and the free WIFI and breakfast were fabulous inclusions. We recommend the hotel for a great Rome experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ross H, thank you very much for your review.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great hotel for a couple of nights in Rome. Having been warned by previous reviews that it was hard to find we didn't have a problem locating the front door. As everyone says its down a little street near the Spanish Steps. Walk along Via Mario de Fiori to number 3 (opp Hugo Boss) and press the buzzer on the gold plate. The lift is very tiny, take the receptionist up on their offer of sending someone down to help with bags.
Very helpful and friendly receptionists.
Room very clean. We stayed on the 4th floor which was slightly less unique than the jungle and aquarium floors...we went to have a look around and the corridors were very cool.
Enough room in our room for a double bed and a large circular bed for our 2 children (both girls, age 16 and 13).
Breakfast was good, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, cakes, bread, ham and cheese.
Fantastic location and very quiet considering its in the middle of town.
We caught the train and metro from the airport but for 4 of us it was cheaper (50euros) to get a taxi back...however remember you need nerves of steel to cope with a taxi ride in Rome!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruth B
Dear Ruth B, thank you very much for your review.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Advantages

Location was excellent its in the centre of the spanish steps
The hotel staff were very friendly specially with kids
The room was big and nice

Disadvantages
Hotel entrance( when the taxi dropped us we didn't believe it a hotel , there was no any sign that shows its a hotel )
Elevator was small and old
Wifi was not very good

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Lama456, thank you very much for your review.

Ejby, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Seen a lot of beautiful hotels around the world, but Spagna Royal Suite Rome beats them all. Perfect placed a 2 min walk away from Piazza de Spagna and Via del Corso and yet extremely quiet. The rooms are amazing decorated - you gotta see the hotels video. The staff is very friendly We visited the hotel as a family of 12, but the hotel is absolutely perfect for a romantic stay in Rome. We will certainly be back!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barasinsk
Dear Barasinsk, thank you very much for your review.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Spagna Royal Suite is located in the heart of the shopping district and 10 mins from the Spanish Steps. Upon arrival you have to use the intercom due to security doors always being locked, the lift is very tiny so be prepared for a squeeze if there are two of you with two small suitcases. Dont let this put you off though as once you enter the reception on the fourth floor you are greeted with a nice smile and very hospitable receptionists. We loved the decor, very boutique, clean and well presented, room was of good size and every floor has a theme, we stayed in room 204 which had tropical fish tanks along the corridor and brown suede looking doors to each room, trust me it looks the business and like nothing we have seen before. lol. We requested a balcony room which turned out to be the only room with a balcony lol but what a lovely extra to have as once entering the balcony below is a busy street packed full of shops, bars and restaurants, just to note peaceful at night with opera singers and orchestras etc, etc, so Rome. lol. The room was furnished with a good size bed with diamond headboard, bathroom and turkish shower room which where both modern and very nice. Provided in the room where fresh towels, changed daily, shower amenities, hair dryer, mini bar, aircon and safe. 2 key cards also provided. Breakfast wasnt the greatest Im afraid and could do with a few hot choices to go with the cold selection on offer but wasnt a major issue. Just to add we asked for a late check out as was my birthday on that day and was allowed to leave the room at midday which was nice as usual check out time 11am, also there is a shower room located on the fourth floor if you have a late flight which is handy, just ask the receptionist they are more than accomodating. All in all a wonderful short break at the Spagna Royal Suite and would recommend to anyone. We will most probably stay again if we return to Rome in the near future.

Things to remember :

1) If you wish to travel by taxi to the Spagna Royal Suite from the airport DO NOT pay anymore than 50 Euros!!!! Avoid the guys at the airport who try to charge you 70 Euros, just tell them to do one as we did! :)
2) Airport to Spagna Royal Suite takes around 40 mins by taxi.
3) If you wish to travel via underground from the airport good luck its quite a few stops!
4) Look out for the looky looky men they are everywhere and will try and sell you the usual junk, even the shirt on there back if they can make a profit! :S
5) Most attractions are in walking distance but advise you to use the metro for the Vatican, metro located about 10 mins from Spagna Royal Suite, check with reception they will provide a map free of charge.
6) Make sure you PRE BOOK ONLINE if you wish to visit the Vatican, Coliseum etc etc as the q/lines are very very long, not good when in summertime with the heat.
7) You can pre book taxi back to airport fronm reception, also 50 Euros.
8) When checking out at reception be prepared to pay on top of your bill "tourist tax" 3 Euros per night in any 4 or 5 star accomodation apparently.

Have a great trip and thank you once again Spagna Royal Suite for a wonderful birthday break :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Oldham5
Dear Oldham5, thank you very much for your review.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We only stayed 1 night at this hotel. It is definentley different, as in its quite funky and cool. The location is perfect if you are after shopping and its close to the Spanish steps. Veronica is such a pleasant staff member very friendly and she recommend having a meal at Life (a very good restaurant ).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sylv73, thank you very much for your review.