“Friendly, Cozy, Perfect Location and great for someone traveling alone”
Review of Hotel Appia 442

Hotel Appia 442
Ranked #545 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel end of July for two night, the experience was amazing for a first timer in rome and at this hotel. The staff are genuinely friendly, Sandra the owner was a great help when needed recommendations and very hospitable. The location is perfect, literally right next to metro station Furio Camilla and easily connected to all main attractions. The hotel is securely located in an old renovated building, well air conditioned and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Thanks Sandra and hope to see you again some day!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dimzi
HotelAppia442, Proprietario at Hotel Appia 442, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

maybe, we never know what's going on in our life.
Many thanks to have been our guest.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The location was great. Literally right next to metro station Furio Camilla. A short trip into the city, we never waited more than a few minutes for a train . Sandra, the owner was lovely. Extremely helpful in checking out bus times and routes for us. Very professional. The hotel is on the second floor of a block with other businesses with a small elevator. It was well air conditioned and felt very secure. Very clean, neat and tidy. We would recommend . Thanks Sandra, for making us very welcome. Hope to see you again some day.

• Stayed: July 2013
HotelAppia442, Proprietario at Hotel Appia 442, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

dear guest,
thank you for the review published on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to learn that you remained satisfied with our services. Hoping to see you again we beg to remain.......

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed at this property on my Rome vacation in June 2013. I decided on this hotel after reading the reviews. This hotel lived up to the reviews in all aspects. The rooms were, while not large, they were very comfortable, clean and modern. The free WiFi was terrific. The front desk service and advice on things to see and do was very helpful and appreciated. It is located only about a dozen steps or so from the entrance to the Metro so it is extremely convenient to access to all of Rome. I would defiantly stay here on any future trip to Rome. I give them 5 Stars.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
HotelAppia442, Proprietario at Hotel Appia 442, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Many thanks for your kind words..
We commit ourselves to try hard to excel in providing genuine hospitality and a quality that satisfies your needs.
We hope to see you again, best wishes

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Everything was excellent. Room is clean and neat, with heartfully caring service. I stayed 5 days in Rome, visiting Vatican Museum, Borghese, Trevi, Colosseo and so on. All of these were less than 30-minute reach of the hotel by subway. But quiet. Surely the best option.

• Stayed: June 2013
HotelAppia442, Direttore at Hotel Appia 442, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thanks for being so kind to us. Hoping to see you again in the future we send you many geetings.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Last month I stayed at Hotel Appia 442 for fifteen nights and have never written reviews as they’re subjective, depending on where you live initially. Nonetheless, I will offer my review of this stay. The hotel is located in Giovannetti, a very vibrant community, which is a six stop underground train ride from Termini, costing adults a nominal fee of 1.50 euros one way. This metro is located immediately below this hotel providing an immense convenience to visitors, one that allowed me to visit with much ease. The hotel, which has been renovated, is an older building with a walk up of a flight of stairs at which time, a small elevator is available to take you upstairs. The hotel is secure offering entry solely for guests which was comforting to me traveling solo.

This area is conveniently located insofar as amenities go; for example, an internet bar is around the corner, laundromat down the street, several restaurants with many café bars including pizza offerings at nominal prices. Too there is a grocery store nearby and small food store if you want to pick up some food items rather than eating out daily. There are outdoor kiosks selling differing items like books, clothing, snacks and open until 8pm daily. I appreciated the hotelier’s kind and specific directions on how to get to the hotel from the airport in a more economical way. I chose to take a taxi return to airport knowing that I would be tired from travelling which cost 95 euros return.

I found the staff here very gracious, generous, friendly and accommodating, especially for those lacking the language skill like myself. The daily breakfast offerings were plentiful and having water and juices in the mini room fridge was a big help. The hospitality was warm and inviting as were hotel staff who were available to help thoughtfully including a hominess such as having a digestive drink after being out all day visiting sites. Too, the fruit bowl availability was important to me much like home. The hotelier communicated with me online promptly which was reassuring, before arrival. I was initially met with a glass of orange juice upon my arrival which was such a treat given that flying through three time zones can leave one parched.

While my single room was small, my needs were met such as regular replenishment of bedding and towels which one really needs especially during a warmer spell in Rome. My room was kept clean as staff exhibited cheerful, diligent and care about maintaining my room. Thoughtfully, I was offered juice and a cappachino daily, with concern about adding sufficient milk content with my sensitivity towards caffeine intake as I’m not a coffee drinker normally; however, I lived as Romans live while in Rome. I found this beverage delicious and making a cup specifically for me made me feel welcome and at home. Too, the care was extended to others as I noticed that one young single traveller was advised in regards to security which was yet another example of staff showing genuine concern for their clientele, suggesting they want repeat business. This is a small hotel with hands on staff to take care of your needs being available to not only address them but going so far as to have a welcome pamphlet offering details that guests can only appreciate especially in such a large overwhelming city like Rome, which has so much going on.
It’s a non-smoking hotel in a city which is a smokers’ mecca. Although small, I had everything I needed such as air conditioning, cold water/drinks in fridge, sufficient shelves and closet space, a clean bathroom regularly maintened, including a large bath towel and t-towels with shower, bidet and toilet. There was even a rack in bathroom where I could hang things to dry that were hand washed. I did look for small boxed laundry soap in store nearby but didn’t find that in grocery stores so did buy bars of soap for washing out things at night. While the TV is located high on the wall, with no adjustable features, it gave me an opportunity to rest while lying on the bed in the evenings. In future, I would ask for a room in the back rather than the side street, offering more quietude. I would return here for a future visit as my impression was that this was a small hotelier with staff who cared about their lodging facilities and serious about providing proper care to their guests.

Vancouver, BC

Room Tip: Check for availability of a room in back of hotel offering more quietude.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Advocatie
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Great location right next to the metro but in a nice neighborhood where we walked to dinner each night that one of the hotel owners recommended to us. Rooms were a little on the small side but when in Rome. They were nicely decorated with a modern feel, nice shower. We had a lot of problems with our AC, but we managed. Nice staff, great location. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelAppia442, Proprietario at Hotel Appia 442, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for your kind words and in the hoping to see you again in the future we say goodbyeby!!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

i had a single room for four nights and was very pleasantly surprised. the hotel rooms are practically new with state of the art facilities. exceptionally clean and well serviced daily. a small fridge provides complimentary water, soft drinks, juices and the like.
as others have said, the external building and neighborhood is not outstanding, but nice inside you feel a million miles away from the outside. one of the best parts was the convenience of the metro station at the door, especially as it means you don't have to lug your suitcases very far! and thankfully there is a lift and escalators at the station so you don't need to contend with the stairs up/ down to the underground. phew!
the hospitality was exceptional, and the only reason i hesitated to give a full excellent rating was just a little thing that i witnessed from the host Sandra at breakfast one morning.... with breakfast included i understand the temptation for guests to pick up a few extra items from the buffet to take with them for the day, I've done the same thing myself on occasion, so i would ink it would be the hoteliers expectation ad understanding that guests will do this.... however Sandra commented to no one in particular in the breakfast room, after witnessing a guest help the selves to some extra cheeses on their way out, how it surprised her how greedy people could be, or something to that effect. as I said only a minor thing really, it just amused me that the service being offered is above par, and yet she was fussing about some cheeses.
I even had her say to myself when I had swapped one of my provided sparkling waters from my mini bar fridge with that of still water on my way out the door, that I would be charged for taking extras from the breakfast room, until I explained I had swapped it as I preferred still water!
anyway apart from these silly little things, the hotel and overall service are by far superior for the price and absolutely great value for money. I would definitely stay here again if ever to return to Rome and would highly recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BonnieMelb
HotelAppia442, Proprietario at Hotel Appia 442, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your kind words, however I would like to remind you that Hotel Appia 442 does not charge extra to customers. In fact, neither you or the other guests have paid more money for the use of wi-fi, the contents of the mini-bar, liquor counter, fruit available all day,.. In return we ask our guests to eat what they want during breakfast but to provide for their snack, using one of the many bars that the city of Rome offers. Hoping to see you again in the future, I beg to remain