“Max is the best!”

Italy Rome Tour
Ranked #29 of 769 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Italy Rome Tour Private Tours with your personal driver and Official tour guide. Enjoy the personal care and attention of a family owned and operated Italy tour service! There are a hundred companies online that can sell you tours. We don't sell Travel... WE CREATE YOUR ROMAN EXPERIENCE!
Dayton, Ohio
“Max is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

On a 14 day cruise of the Mediterranean, my wife and I had only 8 hours in Rome which was the most anticipated stop for the both of us. We knew we wouldn't be able to see a fraction of "all of it" in that amount of time and were worried that we would miss one of the "big ones" while standing in a line elsewhere or getting lost, etc... In a fantastic turn of events we had the good fortune to get a refund for our already booked tour through the cruise line and join a couple who had two spots open in their tour with Max. It was more expensive but we still jumped at the thought of a private tour with a native of Rome. This stop turned out to be the highlight of our entire trip, and we give him all the credit. We saw everything on our list and then some. Max is actually from Rome and seems to know everyone. He is literally an encyclopedia of knowledge- both while driving around passing the time and when presented with a question. He gets around all the lines, knows all the best local dining spots, and was authentic in his concern that we were safe, comfortable, and able to make the most of our time in his city. As we compared notes with other guests on our cruise after this visit, it was clear that our experience was more enjoyable, comfortable and complete. There's no way the big tour busses could have even gotten down the roads we traveled in our Mercedes van that day, let alone see the places we saw. Our only negative comment is that we didn't get a photo with Max despite him constantly offering to take our photos for us to avoid a camera full of arms length selfies. Max and his company are the real deal, we couldn't have imagined a better tour with a better guide. Highly recommended to all!

• Turkish first
Kent
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour, customised to us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked a half day walking tour of Rome, at very short notice, as we'd been in Rome for a few days but felt we didn't really understand Ancient Rome. Max was speedy in response and arranged Cecilia to spend a half day with us. Wow. I've used tour guides before, but Cecilia was the best we've ever had, she is a licensed tour guide, studied her degree in Rome in History and Art, and Archeology. Cecilia had a great knack of explaining things at the level of knowledge and interest of the group - and we are 2 adults and 2 teenagers, which is a tricky audience. Highly recommended, whatever level of knowledge you have already.

1 Thank SecretKent
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was booking a car with chauffeur for my wedding in Rome. the idea was to take photos in Rome and having a car to bring us in several places.
I booked a service called 'car with chauffeur', and I must say the chauffeur was really great. When we arrived to the different locations, the chauffeur was giving us some historical info about the place, making our tour really involving and exciting.
I strongly recommend to use Italy Rome tour if you are visiting Rome, it will make a great value to your visit, and a great use of the time . Rome is a big city with a huge history therefore there is a lot to do and to see. If you are there for a few days you might want to use the time in an efficient way, and Italy Rome Tour is a good deal.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect Roman Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

With only two days in Rome and some of our group being first time visitors, we had high hopes of seeing and experiencing as many of the "high points" of Rome in one day. After reading other glowing reviews about Max and Italy Rome Tour and his tours on TripAdvisor we decided he could accomplish our "mission".

Email communication to set up and confirm the tour was timely. I emailed Max a list of the places our group of six, (3 adults and 3 teenagers) wanted to visit: the Colosseum, The Pantheon, Capitoline Hill, the Circus Maximus, Catacombs, Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. Max enthusiastically showed us all of the places on our "list". Tickets for the Colosseum and the catacombs were secured by Max prior to our visit which eliminated any wait time at these places.

Max, being raised in Rome also included other stops on our tour as well, some we probably would have missed had he not been our guide. During the tour we decided we wanted to stop to see the Mouth of Truth, not on our original agenda, Not a problem, Max got us there.

Max's vast knowledge and love for Rome is apparent once you begin the tour with him. We finished our tour enriched with newfound knowledge and a love for Rome!! Fantastico!

1 Thank kamorg
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vatican Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had a great overall experience on my Live Italy tour of Vatican City. It was great to be in a small group where I could clearly hear my tour guide and we could have a personalized tour. My tour guide was very knowledgeable and I learned a lot of facts about the history of the place. The Vatican and St. Peters were included in the tour, and both are a must-see! The history and art is breathtaking and you cannot miss out on it if you are in Rome! Live Italy tour provides the perfect opportunity to do this and I am very happy with my choice.

1 Thank traveling8293