“Simply perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #147 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Simply perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 days in this perfectly located b&b and have no complaints. We felt that the location was perfect- away from the tourist spots in Rome that can get crazy and noisy. But not too far that one cannot walk to most of the must-see sights and piazzas. There is also the Metro A Line stop a few blocks up. We also liked that there were a lot of restaurants and gelaterias around the vicinity.

The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was very modern and huge for European standards. We felt very comfortable and relaxed.

Lastly, the staff was helpful, very accommodating and friendly. Nausica and Cheryl, great job!

When we find ourselves back in Rome, we will definitely book this place again. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Le Stanze di Orazio was a wonderful experience! I was there with 8 other family members, and it was perfect for all of us. It's location is perfect for being able to walk St. Peter's and the Vatican and just about every other major location. There is also a taxi stand just a couple of blocks away for those that wish not to walk. The rooms are good sized and the bathrooms are huge and very modern. Very quaint and safe neighborhood, with supermarket and bakeries and cafes around the corner. Excellent pizza ristorante (Raf's) one block away. Nausica, the owner was so very helpful and accommodating with directions, and recommendations. Sheri the housekeeper and cook was very sweet and always prepared a simple but delicious breakfast of croissants and fruit and home baked treats. This is the type of place where one should stay if they want to really experience the atmosphere of the true "Roma". Outdoor cafes, bakeries, excellent ristorantes. I would highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: I did not see a problem with any of the rooms. Quiet at night and sunny in the day
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Recently stayed at Le Stanze do Orazio with eight other family members. We took all five rooms and we really had a great time. The rooms are pretty good size with queen beds, nice size bathrooms in each room, and a very nice, helpful and cheerful staff. Sherri was the housekeeper and made up the breakfast each morning. The B&B is in what appears to be an apartment building and is on the second floor. An elevator is available but the stairs were not difficult to manage. On our first night in Rome, the owners even made reservations for all nine of us at a restaurant called Sor 'Eva, a very nice place within walking distance. A taxi stand is about two blocks away if one needs to go to see the ruins, but St Peters and Castel St'Angelo are both within walking distance.
When my wife and I return to Rome, we will definitely stay again at Le Stanze di Orazio.

Room Tip: My room and one other overlooked a court yard and was very quiet at night. Three others overlooked...
Falmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had the most fabulous time at Le Staze di Orazio. It was perfect in every way. I was part of the group of 9 (see review below) and we all loved it. The beds were super comfortable and the bathrooms very large and roomy. The bath towels were big and soft !!! We had a wonderful time. Nausica and Sherry were great -- both so kind and full of energy and helpful information. Our stay could not have been better. Hot showers, great water pressure, fresh running water fountain right outside the front door, wonderful working air conditioners !!, coffee & pastry shops within a 2 minute walk of the entrance for late night binges.

I have stayed in other family run hotels in Rome, and this was by far the finest accommodation I have had the pleasure of staying in. I felt pampered, safe and very well taken care of. The best B&B in Prati !!!
All of our group loved the place and cannot thank Nausica, Guiseppi and Sherry enough for making us feel like family. We hope to see you all soon.

Big hugs from Maine, USA !!!

Terri

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautifully appointed. If you are a light sleeper, ask for one of the rooms f...
Raymond, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

9 family members took over Stanza di Orazio for a week at the end of Sept. I can't say enough about the great service, super friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms, astounding close to everything location, safe quiet neighborhood and reasonable rates of this hidden gem of a B&B. We had no problem whatsoever with the B&B being located in a building with other flats and businesses. It was very quiet in the building and even the three rooms that faced the main drag, Via Cola di Rienzo, were extremely quiet with the shutters closed but not even that loud with them open when we wanted to do some great neighborhood watching! We had no issues with "being on our own" so to speak and knew that the owners were a phone call away. Arrangements for airport transportation was done by us leaving a sticky note requesting the date and time and we received a prompt response and our courteous driver arrived early to pick us up. We all had keys to the B&B and to our separate rooms. It was different as we had taken ALL of the rooms and could treat it as a family dorm of sorts, but I could see no issue with returning with my husband and sharing the spaces with other travelers. Breakfast was ample, tasty, and the home baked treats by the owner were delicious. The rooms were all good sized and impeccably clean with modern baths and comfortable beds. Sheri, the housekeeper and breakfast preparer could not have been more friendly and she makes a great fried egg! Nausica, who runs the B&B, was accommodating and extraordinarily helpful with directions, recommendations, and travel plans - even finding us a one hour laundromat close to the hotel. The B&B is in a convenient location - very close to the Vatican and Castel St' Angelo and only a slightly longer walk to the old city. We primarily used taxis to go further afield - a taxi stand about two blocks away - to go to the Forum, Campo de Fiori, etc. for the convenience of some of our group but all of these places are within walking distance. I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking to enjoy the experience of Rome without the feel of being just a room number in a large hotel. Rome is to be enjoyed on the streets or sitting in one of the numerous outdoor restaurants sipping the local wine and eating great food - shout out to RAF Ristorante - one block from hotel door who knew us by sight after a few days! Can't wait to return to Roma and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are three street side rooms are larger and would accomodate a cot or two for kids and they are...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Recent regulations in Italy allow people to refurbish a private apartment and offer it as a BB, and this is one of those cases.
Some may not like to be accomodated in a building with neighbours and blocks of flats, I did not mind. I was welcomed very kindly after booking very last minute on the phone and was given my private keys for the front gate, front door and bedroom door.
I had to leave early in the morning so I was given a voucher for a breakfast in a nearby bar. Can`t say about a breakfast there.
The room was fairly sized, not too small but definitely not big. Cleanliness spot on. Shower modern and with a flair of design.
Elegant and bright. heating was fine
Cannot find a flaw, would certainly go again.
Unfortunately I could not convince my husband to come back with me next time, he does not like the idea of being in a flat with other people going around with no one to check. In fact you are left with your own keys and alone apart from check in. When you check out you take your luggage which is left there in the corridor again with no control, and just leave your keys on the desk.
One morning I was woken up by someone ringing the front bell insistently. Eventually I went to open to find some American girl looking for a friend, quite disturbing, but she would not go otherwise, and also I meant to be kind in case some other guest had forgotten their keys.
The second day I needed to shower but there was no shower cap, I went all around but there was no one to ask, so no shower as I did not want to wash my hair again, the shower cap is fixed.
It`s definitely a wonderful place if you accept this is how it goes in most BB in Italy with these new regulations, where mostly you are left alone.
all in all I will go again, I`m a BB person, I can overcome these flaws not of this BB but of all the similar structures, prices were excellent and the place was worth the money

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
belgrade, serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed in Stanza di Orazio 4 days during the july. The location is excellent within the walking distance for most of the amenities and metro station. We traveled with a 11 yr old kid and we searched for a bit quieter area. The Prati area is our warm recommendation since it's slighlty off the main tourist paths and you could feel a bit of real roman life there. Apartments are very nicely decoreted, quiet and superbly maintained. But what we'll never forget is the hospitality of Nausica and others. Breakfast was great. We will definitively go back...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family