I went to Rome last Thursday 1st May with husband, daughter 23 and son 18.
We arrived at 11.30pm and had a very smooth check in. Unfortunately there was a problem with our rooms once we got to them our children could not get in to theirs after trying two keycards they were moved. Our room had a really annoying buzz which turned out to be the bathroom vent.
So we were moved to a twin room and told we would be moved in the morning by this time it was 12.15am.
The following day(my birthday) after a trip to the Colosseum we got back about 3pm got our new key and an amazing room and upgrade on the front with balcony and side view of St Peter's.
An hour later a knock at the door and I was presented with a bottle of Prossecco in an ice bucket with peanuts and crisps and a little card wishing me a Happy Birthday.
This was so lovely and really made it such a lovely day.
The hotel is in a great location and so close to the Vatican a bit of a walk to other places but no more than 45mins max and you see so much more on foot and walk of the past and ice cream!!
The Breakfast was very good great selection, make sure you don't go in after an American group as it will be like the locusts have been through.
They can be a bit slow in replenishing items also a bit slow with clearing plates and bowls when there are four of you these can pile up.
On the whole I would definitely recommend the hotel it is clean and modern and feels spacious and airy.
A big thank you again for making my birthday so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star design hotel in the heart of baroque Rome, is just moments from the Vatican and offers views across to St. Peter's Dome. Its style is inspired by the same Italian spirit, personal touch, and attention to detail of its namesake: the grandmaster of Renaissance art. The Sistine Chapel is just steps away and we're walking distance to many historic wonders such as Colosseum and Castel Saint Angelo. Our completely renovated hotel is a triumph of traditional design , with 179 rooms and suites. The Dome restaurant serves superb international and Roman cuisine. Come and stay in an incredible location and enjoy the very best of the eternal city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels Michelangelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Michelangelo Hotel Rome
- Starhotel Michelangelo Rome
- Starhotel Michelangelo Hotel Rome
- Star Hotel Michelangelo Rome
- Hotel Michelangelo Rome