Stayed here for a week while we visited all the attractions of Rome.
Loved how clean the hotel was, the bathroom exceptionally so - bliss!
Comfortable beds with good maid service each day.
Within walking distance of the vatican but local buses (2 min walk to stop) will take you all around the city for little cost to see the other antiquities.
We liked the mix of continental and "american" breakfast options, although the chef really needs to learn how to cook scrambled egg - very gooey. The waiting staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful. We didn't each lunch or dinner in the hotel as we thought it looked over-priced.
We did have one drink in the bar and almost keeled over when we were charged 22euro for two gin & tonics - steep! We could neither taste nor smell the gin in them and when we asked the barman about it he showed us a brand of gin I'd never heard of before. He did put more gin in the glasses but we didn't drink in there again, too expensive.
There are a number of restaurants and cafes within walking distance of the hotel but all seemed to be selling standard tourist fodder, not particularly good Italian food. We opted to travel further away from the vatican area to eat and found a much better standard of restaurants serving authentic Italian food.
There was a problem with noise early in the morning when large parties were leaving to catch tour buses, the heavy room doors could do with a slow-close mechanism to cut down on banging noise.
We found the hotel reception staff variable in their approach to customers, one or two helpful & friendly, but others had a bit of a superior attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star design hotel in the heart of baroque Rome, is just moments from the Vatican and offers views across to St. Peter's Dome. Its style is inspired by the same Italian spirit, personal touch, and attention to detail of its namesake: the grandmaster of Renaissance art. The Sistine Chapel is just steps away and we're walking distance to many historic wonders such as Colosseum and Castel Saint Angelo. Our completely renovated hotel is a triumph of traditional design , with 179 rooms and suites. The Dome restaurant serves superb international and Roman cuisine. Come and stay in an incredible location and enjoy the very best of the eternal city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Starhotels Michelangelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Michelangelo Hotel Rome
- Starhotel Michelangelo Rome
- Starhotel Michelangelo Hotel Rome
- Star Hotel Michelangelo Rome
- Hotel Michelangelo Rome