“Bed Bugs!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Bed Bugs!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was a guest at this hotel on May 9, 2014. I have stayed at this hotel previously and although I had heard that some rooms had issues with bed bugs I had never encountered problems. On this visit I took precautions and upon arrival in the room I immediately put my luggage in the bath tub and commenced to search the bed.I found nothing. I took a short rest and three hours later eight bites were clearly visible on my lower stomach and on my right hip. I complained to the staff, who denied that a problem existed, even after I showed them bites.The manager begrudgingly offered me another room.Not only was I upset with the bites and fearful of transporting them in my luggage,the hotel staff were smug and disinterested in my plight.I would perfer to seek alternate accomodation next time in Rome.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a carpet, if possible the hardwood/laminate is easier to keep bedbug free.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Susan M
Francesco M, General Manager at NH Roma Leonardo da Vinci, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Ms. Susan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences after your stay with us.
We would like to offer you our sincere apologies for the fact that we did not make you feel comfortable in NH Leonardo da Vinci.
The wellbeing of our hotel guests is extremely important to us and it's our policy to immediately check the reasons of our guest complaints.
Qualified technicians regularly inspect our rooms to prevent any kind of pest infestations.
We have an available inspection report related to your room and signed by a licensed pest control company.
"...The inspection of that room did not detect the presence of specimens of "Cimex lectularius" (bed bugs) or tracks, such as dropping or eggs, which could portend a haunting past.
... the room is in a state of Pest free"
We are taking your experience seriously and we will use it in order to re-train our members of staff, in order to prevent experiences like yours in the future.
We hope you will give us a second chance, so that we may have an opportunity to provide you a memorable experience.
Ms. Susan, thank you once again for sharing your experiences with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in NH soon.
Best regards,
Francesco Mennella
NH Leonardo da Vinci

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights in May 2014 for a business trip. Check in was slow and could have been far better organised. Clean room but very basic for a hotel of it's supposed standard. There was nothing comforting or pleasing about the room and the beds and pillows were so hard and uncomfortable.

Didn't want to spend time in the room and was pleased to be leaving.

Finally, if you want to use the hotel bar, be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Poor service.

The only good thing about this hotel was the location.

I would not recommend this hotel. There are better hotels in the vicinity without the price tag of this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SharmReviewer
MC MURRAY
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for five nights while visiting the Vatican and had an excellent experience. The hotel is clean and modern.

The hotel is just a few blocks from the Lepanto stop on the Metro (subway) line, which gives quick, easy access to the most popular sights in Rome. It's about a one mile walk to St. Peter's Square, and it is located one short block from a busy shopping area on the Via Cola di Rienza. Despite the location it was very quiet. My sleep was never disturbed by traffic or street noise. The staff was available and helpful, and spoke excellent English. They seem to specialize in working with tour groups. There were several in the hotel, and each was given a table in the lobby to provide information to those traveling with them. The restaurant provided group dinners. All of the food was very good. The morning breakfast buffet is an interesting mix of European and American offerings. There were chocolate croissants, cheese & prosciutto, scrambled eggs and (a new one to me) cooked carrots, among many other choices. The lobby had three elevators, which is generous for an Italian hotel of this size. I never had a long wait for one.

My room was a bit short of electrical outlets to charge my devices, but I managed with one in the main room and one in the bathroom. The bathroom had no counter space for make-up and so forth, although they had placed a small table in it (which I used for my computer and phone while charging them). The room itself was small but very comfortable and had a very large built in desk. The mattress was excellent, very firm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ANN R
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I spent four days and nights at this hotel. The room was clean, bed very comfortable. We had a room on the sixth floor, facing the front of the hotel. With the window closed, we had a very comfortable nights sleep.

Our stay included a buffet breakfast, which was very good indeed, with plenty of choice and as much to eat and drink as you wanted.

More pillows were requested and given. The safe was broken and replaced within half an hour.

Staff were very friendly. Some communal areas needed to be tidied up more often, for example the outside terrace, which had litter and cans on the floor and tables. Ladies toilet had overflowing bins on one occasion.

On the whole the hotel was ok and I would stay there again.

The hotel is central to all the tourist attractions and only a five minute walk to the metro.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Johnglor
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 May 2014

There is better out there but there is also worse. For a four stars hotel, the room ( 3rd floor ) was not big enough and not clean enough. The furnishing was outdated and the room was overall not as pleasing as I expect in a 4 star establishment. The carpet was old and the furniture had many scuffs here and there. There were stains in the fabric headboard of the bed and circles of spilled drinks everywhere around the room. The towels were otherwise clean and of a good quality and so were the sheets on the bed. The pillows were the most uncomfortable I have ever found. I woke up with a raging headache. The room was small but the bathroom was pretty big and all seemed to work properly. The room temperature was good and easy to regulate. The cooling system was a bit loud. The staff seemed polite and otherwise professional. The hotel has several elevators but they all are extremely small. There is room for just two people with a carry on each or for one with a large suitcase. If there is a group needing to go to their rooms with their luggage it could take a while.
I wish to mention that, I especially liked the amenity kit offered in the bathroom with the usual toiletries ( good quality ) plus a few other useful items. A hair brush, a kit with razor and shaving cream, a sponge and a shoe polish sponge. The amenity kit was what I liked best of my stay, which is funny because of all the other things that could be enjoyable in an hotel I couldn't find anything else that really impressed me in this establishment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights on our honeymoon. It was included with our travel package and we were very happy with the accommodations. It's not a 5 star hotel but for the amount of time we spent in the room it was great. The hotel was in the perfect location for us to walk to the Vatican and many popular piazzas. We didn't use public transportation the entire time we were in the city. Its in a residential part of the city so it was quite at night time. The included breakfast buffet was amazing, best out of all of the places we stayed on our trip. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We don't know any Italian and found that everyone there spoke great English. We would definitely stay here again if we are able to return to Rome.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Missyal3
Tehran
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is just a few minutes far from Saint Peter Basilica, Vatican. There are many shops, bars and restaurants around the hotel. The metro station is also in a 5 minutes walking distance. The hotel staffs are all helpful. The cleanness and rooms facilities are OK. Buffet breakfast has the same standards as others nh hotels. We had a very memorable stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are sound proofed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family