“Unfriendly Service”

Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici
Ranked #457 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A little difficult for me to write this as I am an IHG Member - Gold Elite and always stay at Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza chains around the world.

Let me say that there is nothing wrong with the Hotel. Rooms are good, pool area great, a little way out from Rome Central but close to airport.

1. No Service, no service, no service... That's it in a nutshell.

We arrived with our hire car, pulled up the front, unloaded 3 large suitcases and hand luggage, I went to park the car, and my wife had to bring in the suitcases by herself, all under the watchful eye of Hotel staff, with no assistance whatsoever. Bravo! Strike No1

2. Checking in (my error not the hotels - used points as I am a member) I had booked for the night before... Oops sorry my mistake... So instead of helping' all I got was I need your credit card for the night as we need to charge it, and get this you have lost the 25000 points... Now again I don't blame the staff for this... It was my error, but the arrogance shown by a staff member Antonella was disgraceful pointing out the wrong date, it was if I was a naughty boy... Ummm yep I get it, but don't you work for the Holiday Inn, so it can be corrected? Apparently Not, I have to contact IHG! Strike No2

3. After getting to our Room, my son, logs into the free WIFI on his phone, I and my wife also attempt to log on to our devices... Hmmm not working, so call reception and get the "friendly" Antonella.
Me - Hi I'm having trouble logging into WiFI, my son's device is working, but I can't log in.
Staff - that's correct, only can use 1 device at a time.
Me - But there are 3 of us in the room.
Staff - yes, I can offer you 1 more free log in for the room.
Me - hmmm right, but there are 3 of us in the room
Staff - I'm sorry that's all I can offer.
Me - Are you the manager?
Staff - (getting frustrated now) - No, I'm not the manager.
Me- Hmm, then can I speak to the Manager?
Staff - after a lengthy delay, I get put through
Manager - yes Sir we can give you 3 WIFI passcodes.

Strike 3 - your out

Wow!! Talk about debacle

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel, if you want service!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Luke M
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Luke M,
Thank you for writing your experience with the Holiday Inn Rome-Parco dei Medici. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any service you received that was less than professional.
Thank you also for your positive comments on the hotel's location and for the nice guestrooms.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
I have forwarded your comments to the General Manager and ownership of this hotel. I know they share our vision of providing the best guest experience possible, and am confident they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve the services.
Once again Luke M , we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

With kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We'd stayed here a few years ago and had booked for a night before flying home from FCO but were concerned to read some of the reviews. Well - we still like this hotel! After some of the reviews, I was expecting to meet surly staff but that simply didn't happen. Iuri at reception was so professional, helpful and friendly at both check-in and check-out; Giuseppe in the bar/restaurant provided excellent service; the girl at the swimming pool was lovely; and the bus driver wore a smile. So no complaints from us; ok the A/C in our room wasn't terribly efficient and I could gripe about having to have coffee from a machine in Italy when fresh coffee would have been so much better - but we'd still go back. Well done to the staff for being so pleasant; we don't have a bad word to say about any of you! And the rooms were comfortable and clean, the shuttle to the city centre great and the pool lovely.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear familyontour,
That's great ! we are really proud of your comments ! they make our job easy and even better.
Thank you again for your support and attention.
Hope to have you again as one of our best guests.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Two night stay in the hotel ended by short shuttle trip to Fiumicino for very early morning flight out. Worth the stay if only for airport access. Stay in city center for most nights, stay here when fly-out is early the next day.
Pools (multiple) great to swim in and very well tended. Rooms large, well lighted clean and modern tending towards dated.
Staff typically Italian off-handish in attitude and demeanor but helpful when pushed just a little. Breakfast typical for included breakfasts at hotels with standard fare.
Great hotel to stay in for a couple of nights when coming from rustic parts of the country or ten from the older, modernized hotels in Rome

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Andy B,
Thank you for your comments on the recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your suggestions and meantime for the positive criticism forwarded to the hotel services.
We would like to have you again as one of our best guests.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights at the end of June. In general the hotel is nice. The pool area is big and relaxing. The rooms are also big and clean.
It is a bit far from the center but there is a bus from the hotel 4EUR each way.
When I checked in I just got my card. No information about breakfast, gym, wifi, etc. I had to ask about everything. I was there for business and my company had an agreement for free wifi probably they should have just mentioned that since the beginning.
The gym is very little. Just some treadmills and a machine that is out of order. Ask them to activate your card for the gym when you check in.
Don't expect many smiles from the staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lida_Sweden
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Lida_Sweden,
Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici. We do apologize for the services which did not meet your expectations. We have informed the Front Office Manager about your suggestions on the reception staff and the General Manager as well. We know that corrective steps have been taken in order to improve the level of service. As for the pool area of the hotel, it is really very pleasant to take some relaxing time over there and get also some snacks or cold drink. Even if our hotel is located in a business area, you can reach the city centre with our shuttle bus which takes you near the Mouth of Truth, with only €4,00=per person.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a short trip to Rome. After a €30 10 minute taxi journey from the airport to the hotel we arrived and checked in to our room. The room was out dated but large, clean and tidy. Staff at this hotel are not particularly friendly. I got the impression when at reception often I was an inconvenience for them. When I asked for my card key to be re activated for the room and gym one member of staff (Antonio) rolled his eyes at me. Very unfriendly and unprofessional for a hotel. Breakfast was overall disappointing with limited choice and the cooked breakfast was not good at all. Drinks are very expensive. €19.50 for a double g&t! However the pool was great and a nice area to relax after a busy day in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Alexab92,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici. I do apologize for the particular attitude received from our reception staff. Our guests are very important to us and your opionion help us to improve and check the areas where something has to be done yet. We have really appreciated also your suggestions on the quality of the food. The swimming pool is very nice as you mentioned. There is a very enjoyable area where you can relax and take your snack or drink with your friends or family.
Thank you Alexab92, for your contribution. We really hope it will not be the last time you visit us.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Reception staff - Friendly and always willing to help out.
Restaurant Staff - Rude and breakfast nothing to write home about
Hotel Rooms - Average and very expensive for the old tired interior
Location - Superb for the office we had to visit in the business district and airport

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear john p,
Thank you for writing your recent experience at Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici.
I do apologize if some of the services did not find your expectations. I would like to inform you that we are going to finish the refurbishment up in the rooms and we suppose to end it within the 2015. Thank you for the compliments forwarded to the reception staff and meantime I do apologize for the restaurant staff behaviour. We use to implement training courses and it is not easy to see that our efforts sometimes are not enough.
Thank you for your time. We really hope to have you again as one of our best guests.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at this Hotel as a part of our Europe Group Tour.
The Hotel has an old regal look & feel to it. The property is old and refurbishment may help.
The swimming pool area at the back is a great place to relax & chill out. Our Room was spacious with 2 large beds. Continental Breakfast was sort of ok. Free WiFi is not there.
The Staff at the Reception counter was not very responsive to our Group.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Brijesh1002,
We understand that your stay with us has been nice even if our hotel has an old regal look. I can confirm you that we are going to finish our refurbishment at the end of next year as we have done already 3 of the 7 floors.
Our surrondings with the swimming pool area are very pleasant and you may have a very smart stay. As for the staff behaviour, we do apologize is some of them do not have a good response. We do our utmost in order to have them well trained and courteous towards the guests. Thank you for your positive criticism Brijesh1002, we really hope to have you again as one of our best guests.