A little difficult for me to write this as I am an IHG Member - Gold Elite and always stay at Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza chains around the world.
Let me say that there is nothing wrong with the Hotel. Rooms are good, pool area great, a little way out from Rome Central but close to airport.
1. No Service, no service, no service... That's it in a nutshell.
We arrived with our hire car, pulled up the front, unloaded 3 large suitcases and hand luggage, I went to park the car, and my wife had to bring in the suitcases by herself, all under the watchful eye of Hotel staff, with no assistance whatsoever. Bravo! Strike No1
2. Checking in (my error not the hotels - used points as I am a member) I had booked for the night before... Oops sorry my mistake... So instead of helping' all I got was I need your credit card for the night as we need to charge it, and get this you have lost the 25000 points... Now again I don't blame the staff for this... It was my error, but the arrogance shown by a staff member Antonella was disgraceful pointing out the wrong date, it was if I was a naughty boy... Ummm yep I get it, but don't you work for the Holiday Inn, so it can be corrected? Apparently Not, I have to contact IHG! Strike No2
3. After getting to our Room, my son, logs into the free WIFI on his phone, I and my wife also attempt to log on to our devices... Hmmm not working, so call reception and get the "friendly" Antonella.
Me - Hi I'm having trouble logging into WiFI, my son's device is working, but I can't log in.
Staff - that's correct, only can use 1 device at a time.
Me - But there are 3 of us in the room.
Staff - yes, I can offer you 1 more free log in for the room.
Me - hmmm right, but there are 3 of us in the room
Staff - I'm sorry that's all I can offer.
Me - Are you the manager?
Staff - (getting frustrated now) - No, I'm not the manager.
Me- Hmm, then can I speak to the Manager?
Staff - after a lengthy delay, I get put through
Manager - yes Sir we can give you 3 WIFI passcodes.
Strike 3 - your out
Wow!! Talk about debacle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici,a 4 star Hotel in Rome that combines the high standards of the famous brand with the hotel s elegant style.A stones throw away from the Eur District, next to the Grande Raccordo Anulare, exit Eur Magliana, and close to the new Rome s exibition centre, the hotel is within easy reach of Fiumicino International Apt and city centre to which is directly connected by a free scheduled shuttle service.All the wonders of Rome are only a few minutes away. The 317 Guest Rooms, all with two Queen Size beds, are equally appealing to both business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers the best of Mediterranean and International cuisine and a wide selection of wines.Gala dinners and banquets can be arranged along side the pool or in the garden for up to 600 guests. Cocktail Lounge Incontro is the ideal place to unwind with a drink or an Espresso. The Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici is the best choice for all kinds of events with 17 meeting rooms from 10 to 800 people, well equipped and supported by our experienced staff. Relax & Meditation room,Fitness Centre, Sauna, outdoor pools and parking areas are available to guests, free of charge. The hotel is popular with families offering special children menus and Family Rooms . Hi speed Internet connection and WIFI are available in all hotel areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici Hotel Rome
- Rome Holiday Inn