The Westin Excelsior, Rome
Rome 103(Rome)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
2,449 results
All reviewsvia venetoheavenly bedstarwood pointsspanish stepsamerican embassybeautiful hotelconcierge deskclassic hotelvilla borghesesteam roombusiness centerupgraded to a suitemarble bathroomtrevi fountainfive star hotelrooms are largehotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a beautiful hotel on the Via Veneto. Quiet area, convenient to Trevi fountain and Spanish steps.
It's expensive, but luxurious. Very nice pool and sauna.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed staying at our property and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I only stayed for one night but will relay my experience. This hotel is at the top of the Veneto, a quick walk to the Borghese gardens and everything inside. This was a wonderful way to spend a sunny summer morning. While there is nothing else right near the hotel, for those able it is reasonable walking distance to most of the central Rome sights. It took me 15 minutes to walk from Termini rail station to the hotel. It's fairly straight but not easy enough if you have bags.
Check in was easy and the hotel is beautiful. My room was large with two single beds that could not be pushed together, but were very comfortable. The room was in good shape, and I didn't encounter the dust issues in earlier posts.
My room was quiet as a cave, since the building is so old I'm sure all the rooms are like this. It was quite large, the bathroom very well laid out and with double shampoos, etc. My only issue is that on checkout day, housekeeping cleaned my room before I checked out. The staff member went in my room, locked the door behind him and I had to knock loudly after the front desk re-coded my key. I wonder what he was doing in there that required him to lock the door closed????
Anyway, the concierge staff was helpful, the staff all spoke english and I had no issues with my folio. All in all, recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
It is great to know that you appreciated our property and staff.
We apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience with the housekeeping. Be assured that we will further investigate in order to avoid any repetition.

Hoping that it did not impact the possibility of returning back to the hotel as we will be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon to extend our best care and attention.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This was our third trip to Rome in 4 years and our second stay at the Westin Excelsior. Staff was very accommodating, friendly and helpful. We have had exceptional rooms both times and were upgraded because of the AmEx Platinum Program. The breakfast included with the program was excellent, a wide variety of European and American favorites. The Hotel was immaculate and the location very convenient to the major points of interest in Rome. It is one of the hotels that actually becomes one of the memorable highlights of the trip because of its decor, romance and ambiance.

Room Tip: Great location for walking Rome.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comments.
We are delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and you enjoyed the rooms and appreciated our staff attitude.

We look forward to welcome you back again for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed at the Westin Excelsior earlier this month for 2 night. Being platinum members we got upgraded to a beautiful 2 room suite. The living room is quite big, very old worldly with red and gold decor. Has a lovely flat TV with a sound system. The bathroom was also quite gorgeous with a separate shower as well as a large tub. The decor is nice but old fashioned. Not for people who only like sleek, modern glass and steel.

Very convenient location. Can walk to Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc. Great restaurants all around.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
It is great to know that we were able to meet your expectations. We are also glad that you have enjoyed one of our finest Suites.
Thank you for your appreciation and we do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Very expensive. Comfortable beds and bedding. Clean bathrooms. Dirty carpets. Pretentious staff who seem to be annoyed by people speaking to them.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank shawn1582

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We are concerned about your opinion on the staff attitude which did not reflect the level of service and the warm hospitality we are known for. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced. Your comments have been addressed to the involved staff in order to take a corrective action.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again in order to demonstrate the real standard of service we are accustomed to provide to all our valuable guests.