“The perfect hotel in the perfect place”
Review of Hotel Regno

Hotel Regno
Ranked #160 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Eastham, United Kingdom
“The perfect hotel in the perfect place”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have returned today from a two night stay in Rome. All I can say is that the hotel Regno has a little bit of my heart, as does the city of Rome itself. It's in the perfect spot and ticks every box. I can honestly say I have never met more welcoming, happy, polite staff who will bend over backwards to make you feel part of the Regno family. The rooms although small are perfectly formed, the beds are fantastic and the room is very clean. Breakfast is wonderful and even when busy it is always fully stocked and somewhere to sit! I will be back asap...... I really can't recommend more highly. If you want a reasonable hotel right in the heart of Rome look no further!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kerry_gribbin1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greece
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Perfect place to stay and see Centro Storico for long weekend.
Maybe you will disappoint with the entrance of the hotel but comfortable rooms are what you want if you are fun for value for money.
In ten minutes walking around you can see everything in Centro Storico.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank leon56
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed in triple room with friends for 3 nights. Requested a bath on booking and by phone to the hotel but first room with 3 single beds only had a shower so asked to be moved.Told nothing available till next day but insisted and then shown a room with double and single bed and a small bath. This was a nice room on the 4th floor with a balcony looking down on the side street. Very clean room with the single bed in its own room with fridge,t.v and balcony. Very handy with 3 women sharing! Breakfast okay but tables close together. All staff very friendly.Stayed here before in 2000 with friends and have visited Rome several times staying in different locations but this hotel is ideal close to all major attractions. All enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank patterson_11
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

My first opinion about this place was great location. Walking distance to the trevi fountain. The staff seemed professional and brought our bags up to our room. Room was small but had a charming balcony. The breakfast was buffet style and very good.

My only concern is the staff member who works the night shift. My fiance and i decided to take a quick walk to the trevi fountain since there is usually no crowd after 11pm. I asked the staff member if the door would be locked and he said to just use the buzzer and someone would let us in. Well, when we returned no one was there to let us in. We knocked and buzzed until 230am when the staff member finally let us in. I definitely gave him a piece of my mind but he did not even bother to apologize for his actions.

I was originally going to leave a poor review but decided not to base my review off the actions of a single employee, although i hope the manager of hotel regno sees this and is able to make sure this does not occur again.

Overall, i would recommend this hotel but i personally will not be staying here during my next visit in rome since i did not receive an apology for being locked out of a room i was paying for.

2 Thank Afsanah N John P
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I think that Trip Advisor needs a Wiki for travellers visiting foreign countries. On our stay at this hotel I heard an American guest say "hotels in America" in a way to show that American hotels are better. My advise if you want an American hotel stay in one, not an old building in the center of Rome.

There are plenty of hotels in the center of Rome, and even with Trip Advisor it is hard to narrow down choice. In the end we decided to book a BA package to limit the choice of hotels and then choose based on reviews. Also the package was cheaper than booking flight and hotel separately.

At the airport we got a coach (5 Euros each) to the train station and then the metro. It was a bit of a trek with luggage to the hotel so got a taxi for the return journey (60 euros for 4).

The rooms in this hotel really vary even in the same price range. Our bathroom had just a shower but the other couple with us had a bath and bidet. The bed was large and took up most of the room.

Breakfast was standard continental breakfast and it is standard practise to ask for room number. (A reviewer complained about this.)

This is an old building with many mezzanine levels where the main elevator does not stop. If you have trouble managing half flight of stairs then you should contact the hotel who will out you in a room that is accessible by a different elevator.

My husband wanted to make sure that my review includes how wonderful the staff were. He was impressed with their helpfulness and level of English at the front desk and breakfast room.

My only complaint was the thin walls between the rooms as you could hear quite clearly people talking in the next room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Friendly_Reviewer
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Just got back from Rome. I was visiting my son who is studying there for the semester. VERY pleased with hotel. Staff helpful and courteous and the location was outstanding.
Very accommodating in changing my room to a quieter one in the back of the hotel. Rooms were VERY clean and bed was larger than I expected.
Very safe neighborhood as well.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan C
Rowville, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The front desk staff were very helpful helped us do our flight check ins and give us local directions. The room especially the bathroom was small had no shelf to even put your tooth brush and no space to put your change of clothes.
The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the trevi fountain which was awesome. Buffet breakfast was more continental than buffet and struggled to get a table at times.
This hotel is a good stay for location

• Stayed March 2013