“Amazing holiday”

Ranked #96 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Rome, Italy
“Amazing holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Raphael for 5 nights. We both had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend the Hotel. We were given an upgraded room as it was my birthday and the room was beautiful. All the staff we exceptionally friendly and from start to finish nothing was to much to ask. Breakfast had a good selection with what my boyfriend describes as ' the best coffee '. With great thanks to all the team at the hotel we hope to return soon!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank DoubleDans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Itapeva, MG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have booked this hotel due to its location, in Piazza Navona, from here we could do almost everithing walking. Its staff is attentive and effient, but Nadedja surpassed my expectations wiht her kindness. The room seems to be redecorated recently, it is very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Eksmail S
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were upgraded to one of the modern corner suites and it was superb. There was a window between the bathroom and bedroom which made the whole room feel much larger (there are shutters available for privacy). The staff were very friendly and really seemed to care about making our stay special, the fresh blood orange juice at breakfast was delicious. The roof terrace has stunning views but it was closed for winter. The location is great, Piazza Navona is always beautiful and the small streets around the piazza are filled with interesting shops, bars and restaurants. Wifi was good but failed once during our stay and the system had to be rebooted.

3 Thank heloiseandtom
Wales, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here 23 January to 26 January for my birthday. This hotel is wonderful and from the minute you enter the doors to the time you unfortunately have to leave the service is outstanding.

When we arrived we were given a welcome drink, a glass of prosecco for myself and a glass of red wine for my hushand and also some nibbles. All of this was laid out beautifully on a little table in the reception area. When we were taken to our room on the 5th floor we were told that we had been upgraded to a suite. The room was beautiful and absolutely huge. In the room we had a welcome bottle of red wine and nibbles. This service is excellent.

The room is very quiet and I probably had the best few nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel.

The hotel is beautifully furnished and the service is second to none. A really good and extensive breakfast buffet is provided.

An evening turn down service is provided with 2 bottles of water, one sparkling, one still and a box with 2 little truffles in which I think are the nicest chocolates I have ever tasted.

All the staff without exception are polite and extremely helpful.

We can't wait to return to this fab hotel right in what must be the best location in Rome.

1 Thank welshsunlover
Roberto V, Direttore generale at Hotel Raphael - Relais Chateaux, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Mrs B.,

I thank you for taking time to write down your impressions on your stay at Hotel Raphael, Relais & Chateaux, and for having chosen our hotel to celebrate a very special occasion.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our welcome at check-in time. We like to make our guests feel at home from the very first moment they come through the entrance door.

I am happy you appreciated the free upgrade to a Classical Deluxe Suite on the 5th floor. It is a real pleasure to know that it met your expectations.

I thank you for the compliments on our staff and the service. I truly believe that small attentions can make the difference to make our guests’ stay unforgettable.

Dear Mrs B., I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Hotel Raphael, Relais & Chateaux, during your next stay in Rome and to meet you personally.

Best regards

Roberto E.Vannoni
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

didnt stay overnight- but will do. very interesting vegetarian ( some fish) menu. dishes superbly cooked, presented and seasoned. great service, all under the eyes of some genuine picasso works and a miro. hotel beautifully decorated, fab location and wonderful staff. a must - but pricey

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickKosky
Dear Mr Kosky,

I thank you for having written your impressions on our restaurant and its new menu.

It is such a pleasure to read that you appreciated our Organic-Vegetarian Menu with Fish Specialties. In the last year we have made various changes to our menu in order to adapt it to our philosophy. Our French Chef, Jean Luc Fruneau and his team reinvented new dishes to satisfy our gourmet guests.

I am glad you appreciated the Picasso ceramics and the paintings we custody in our hotel.

Dear Mr Kosky, I hope to have soon the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel and have you see our modern and classical rooms.

Best regards

Roberto E. Vannoni
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

On the night we came we got a glass of wine for my birthday although it was the next day on my birthday we had birthday cake our first room wasn't what we accepted and we we're move to ather room which was exelant but above all the staf very helpful and friendly made us breakfast box because our flight was early and Coffey at 06:30 the location is perfect and the food was exelant the only problem was that we couldn't turn of the heating system .

2 Thank Ilan T
Modiin, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for seven nights and it couldn't be better. They welcomed us with wine while our luggage was taken to the room. Every recommendation they gave us about restaurants, transportation and so on - was a lock. At every small wish or request you can feel that the staff are doing their best to assist.

The room was ample, shining clean and beautifully decorated. Every evening they left us small treats to indulge us.

Breakfast was ample and tasty, again with perfect service.

And of course - Location. Location. Location.

We stayed at several upscale hotels around the world. Hotel Raphael was definitely one of the best.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple