Hotel Raphael - Relais Chateaux
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
1,492 results
All reviewspiazza navonarichard meier roomrooftop terraceexecutive suiteexcellent locationbeautiful hotelour honeymoonfront desk staffquiet streetheart of romelarge bathroometernal citytrip to romeloved this hotelboutique hotelside streetwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked the hotel due to the location, in a quiet street behind Piazza Navona, and because I have good experiences from other stays at Relais & Chateaux properties. When I travel alone a hotel with a nice restaurant is important to me.

The location is perfect.

The hotel is charming, staff is very friendly, helpful and polite, breakfast and room service very good. The room was nice, a bit small, but that is to be expected in such a location. But everything was very clean, comfortable and pleasant.

Did I miss anything? Maybe a newspaper and coffee/tea in the room... but I could easily survive without it.

I can recommend the hotel without hesitation - and in summer, when the rooftop restaurant/bar opens, it must be even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Valkyria-HH
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Raphael for 5 nights. We both had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend the Hotel. We were given an upgraded room as it was my birthday and the room was beautiful. All the staff we exceptionally friendly and from start to finish nothing was to much to ask. Breakfast had a good selection with what my boyfriend describes as ' the best coffee '. With great thanks to all the team at the hotel we hope to return soon!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank DoubleDans
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have booked this hotel due to its location, in Piazza Navona, from here we could do almost everithing walking. Its staff is attentive and effient, but Nadedja surpassed my expectations wiht her kindness. The room seems to be redecorated recently, it is very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eksmail S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were upgraded to one of the modern corner suites and it was superb. There was a window between the bathroom and bedroom which made the whole room feel much larger (there are shutters available for privacy). The staff were very friendly and really seemed to care about making our stay special, the fresh blood orange juice at breakfast was delicious. The roof terrace has stunning views but it was closed for winter. The location is great, Piazza Navona is always beautiful and the small streets around the piazza are filled with interesting shops, bars and restaurants. Wifi was good but failed once during our stay and the system had to be rebooted.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank heloiseandtom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here 23 January to 26 January for my birthday. This hotel is wonderful and from the minute you enter the doors to the time you unfortunately have to leave the service is outstanding.

When we arrived we were given a welcome drink, a glass of prosecco for myself and a glass of red wine for my hushand and also some nibbles. All of this was laid out beautifully on a little table in the reception area. When we were taken to our room on the 5th floor we were told that we had been upgraded to a suite. The room was beautiful and absolutely huge. In the room we had a welcome bottle of red wine and nibbles. This service is excellent.

The room is very quiet and I probably had the best few nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel.

The hotel is beautifully furnished and the service is second to none. A really good and extensive breakfast buffet is provided.

An evening turn down service is provided with 2 bottles of water, one sparkling, one still and a box with 2 little truffles in which I think are the nicest chocolates I have ever tasted.

All the staff without exception are polite and extremely helpful.

We can't wait to return to this fab hotel right in what must be the best location in Rome.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welshsunlover
Roberto V, Direttore generale at Hotel Raphael - Relais Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Mrs B.,

I thank you for taking time to write down your impressions on your stay at Hotel Raphael, Relais & Chateaux, and for having chosen our hotel to celebrate a very special occasion.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our welcome at check-in time. We like to make our guests feel at home from the very first moment they come through the entrance door.

I am happy you appreciated the free upgrade to a Classical Deluxe Suite on the 5th floor. It is a real pleasure to know that it met your expectations.

I thank you for the compliments on our staff and the service. I truly believe that small attentions can make the difference to make our guests’ stay unforgettable.

Dear Mrs B., I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Hotel Raphael, Relais & Chateaux, during your next stay in Rome and to meet you personally.

Best regards