Hotel Raphael - Relais Chateaux
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
Excellent 5/5
1,494 results
All reviewspiazza navonarichard meier roomrooftop terraceexecutive suiteexcellent locationbeautiful hotelour honeymoonfront desk staffquiet streetheart of romelarge bathroometernal citytrip to romeloved this hotelboutique hotelside streetwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just got back from a romantic weekend with my husband in Rome. He chose the hotel because of the location and I will choose to go back again and again for the staff, the high standard of every little thing and the best location in town.
Everyone was really kind and gracious and it didn't feel like it was part of the job. They take their job very seriously.
We were pampered to the last minute and we are already planning our return.

Room Tip: The hotel is located on a little side alley in the old city. All houses are close by and winding small streets so make sure you specify a request for a view if that matters to you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tutieTel_aviv_Israel
Roberto V, General Manager at Hotel Raphael - Relais Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Sirs,
Let us thank you first of all for your kind comment.
Such nice words are one of the reasons we always do our best in order to improve our daily job and continue to work hard to make our guests’ stay an unique experience.
All the staff thanks you for your kindness and we really hope to welcome you back soon: we will be glad to offer you a glass of good prosecco in one of our best room or at our rooftop terrace Bramante.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, we remain at your complete disposal and thank you so much for the accorded preference and the the complete confidence in us.
Arrivederci!

Best regards,
Roberto E. Vannoni and the Hotel Raphaël Staff

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked the hotel due to the location, in a quiet street behind Piazza Navona, and because I have good experiences from other stays at Relais & Chateaux properties. When I travel alone a hotel with a nice restaurant is important to me.

The location is perfect.

The hotel is charming, staff is very friendly, helpful and polite, breakfast and room service very good. The room was nice, a bit small, but that is to be expected in such a location. But everything was very clean, comfortable and pleasant.

Did I miss anything? Maybe a newspaper and coffee/tea in the room... but I could easily survive without it.

I can recommend the hotel without hesitation - and in summer, when the rooftop restaurant/bar opens, it must be even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Valkyria-HH
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Raphael for 5 nights. We both had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend the Hotel. We were given an upgraded room as it was my birthday and the room was beautiful. All the staff we exceptionally friendly and from start to finish nothing was to much to ask. Breakfast had a good selection with what my boyfriend describes as ' the best coffee '. With great thanks to all the team at the hotel we hope to return soon!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank DoubleDans
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have booked this hotel due to its location, in Piazza Navona, from here we could do almost everithing walking. Its staff is attentive and effient, but Nadedja surpassed my expectations wiht her kindness. The room seems to be redecorated recently, it is very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eksmail S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were upgraded to one of the modern corner suites and it was superb. There was a window between the bathroom and bedroom which made the whole room feel much larger (there are shutters available for privacy). The staff were very friendly and really seemed to care about making our stay special, the fresh blood orange juice at breakfast was delicious. The roof terrace has stunning views but it was closed for winter. The location is great, Piazza Navona is always beautiful and the small streets around the piazza are filled with interesting shops, bars and restaurants. Wifi was good but failed once during our stay and the system had to be rebooted.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple