“The Best”
Review of Hotel Napoleon

Hotel Napoleon
Ranked #79 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed at the Napoleon Hotel on many occassions. The reason I return to this hotel is because the staff are brilliant the food is excellent and the rooms are excellent. I cannot believe the terrible review from Yalie97. Were they staying at this hotel are have they got confused????
I will be returning to Rome, hopefully in 2012 and I would not hesitate in staying at the Napoleon.
My kindest regards to Franco, Roberto, Simone and Michel to name but a few of the wonderful staff. See you soon

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are a bit roomier to move about in
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda B
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear Linda,
I wish to thank you for your great appreciation: I wish also to take this opportunity for thanking all our Guests for their appreciation and kindness, not only those who have even posted their comments on Trip Advisor and on other websites. Nowadays every job is difficult, and everyone has problems in running his own activity. But when you do it with passion, when you understand that your work is appreciated, when it gives the opportunity of meeting and dealing with nice people, everything become easier, every obstacle can be crossed. On behalf of my Family, my Staff and myself, I wish to thank our Guests for making our job so pleasant. I assure you that this is the main reason for which we will continue to do our best efforts to improve our facilities and services: your next stay will be the best memory.
Roberto Cioce,
manager

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I cannot beleive this hotel is rated so high. This is the first time I feel gilted by me fellow trip advisors. Wow. Disgusting. I have a room and there are NO WINDOWS!!!!!!! The AC doesn't work well and I have a twin bed. huh? And for $200 USD a night....what?

All I did was cry when I saw it and called downstairs to see if there was another one open and they claimed they are all the same...really? At least there is a balcony...with no view. Sigh...what did I do this to myself. Should have spent $100 more for a really nice hotel but who knows...maybe those reviews were misleading as well.

Shame fellow trip advisors...shame...

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank Yalie97
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Users,
The information about the room without window, contained in this review, is false. At the Napoleon hotel there are no rooms without windows.
As stated in our website and well described in many previous reviews, all our rooms face onto internal large courtyards, they are silent and calm, far away from the noise of the city. When we receive a request for a room with a view, we reply saying that view is not one of the feature of our rooms and, if the view is a priority, we kindly suggest to look for another hotel. But we also underline that in many hotels the view is just the view of the opposite building, and even the double glazing do not warrant a good quality of sleep. We like to give to our Guests the most detailed and clear information is because at the hotel Napoleon we work with passion, aiming to satisfy our Guests in the best way.
In recent weeks there has been not any problem with the air conditioning. All the systems function properly.
We recently had a problem with a booking. The booking was for a double room with two twin beds. Upon arrival the client wanted a room with one large bed, which was not available for that day. We proposed her to change the room the next day and adjust the bed for the night (we can do it in the best way) but the customer refused.
The air conditioning in that room worked properly.
We are confident that all Our Trip Advisor Users would consider this review in the proper way, continuing to give us their appreciation and support.
Roberto Cioce
manager

I am confident that all of you will consider this review in the right way, and continue to give us your appreciation and support.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We just had a wonderful six day stay at Napoleon. Great location just steps from the metro stop. The staff was very attentive. Franco helped us daily with our questions about the city and gave us a great map. The breakfast was very good, with a wide selection of food. Unlike other hotels on my Italy trip, this breakfast staff was very attentive and provided quick service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We have just returned from our perfect wedding in Rome which was on the 12/9/2011, made even more special by our week stay and wedding reception here at Napoleon. The staff were all lovely to us and our guests, also very friendly and so helpfull, a special thanks to our wedding organiser Marta who could not of done any more for us over the year and a half of planning, even though i'm sure we were fussy at times, she has alot of patience (lol). Also our bedroom was perfect and spacious with a big balcony and fantasic air conditioning in all rooms as well as lovely rooms for all guest, we much appreciate all complementry pick up's from airport and for our guests, not forgetting our champayne on arrival and bath robes and slippers, flowers, welcome note from Manager Roberto was far too much. The food was outstanding and wine, banquet room was so romantic and personal. The hotel's food and drink is very reasonable as well as the area, all guests were very happy as Rome centre is very expensive, although you can walk everywere by foot handy still and the metro is on the doorstep, so cheap. The hotel is in a safe and good area and so reaonable and do not be put off by any other rare reviews, its very clean aswell, music provided was brilliant too, thank you. Big Thanks to Roberto (Manager for his personal touch to us and to Marta and all the staff of Napoleon, we will for return as well as our guests and advise other's to stay here too.

Alot of Thanks and Appreciation,

John Bosco & Francesca Mc Grath

23/9/2011

Room Tip: 312, all rooms were all lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank francesca m
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I booked my stay at this hotel after reading up on all the reviews on Tripadvisor. Service was good, the concierge offers a printing service to print out documents. What I liked most was that the room and bathroom is clean, and housekeeping did a good job of ensuring cleanliness throughout my 4 day stay.

Breakfast is AMAZING! Scrambled eggs/Omelette with bacon, various croissants/rolls, wide variety of ham/cold cuts, juices, cereal and interesting bakes/pies. Even the complimentary coffee tastes real good hot and delivered with hot milk! Many types of butter/jam/condiments that is displayed for hotel guests to choose from. Just the breakfast itself is much value for money.

The hotel looks a little old, but the cleanliness and warm service of the staff makes up for it. Overall a nice cosy hotel, and a short walk of 5-10 minutes to Station Termini. I would stay here again if I ever return to Rome.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

this hotel is near a square that I consider interesting,Piazza Vittorio, here on a Roman ruin is the formula to make gold amazing! the hotel is very nice for the furniture style of the nineteenth century, the palace is so named Umberto I style, so I told the concierge, but rooms are the same style, seemed to be back back in time by comparing the prices of the hotel where we were in Venice, here are much lower, luxurious roof garden with a good breakfast, good choice!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is nice small hotel placed close to central station and metro so you have very good access to anywhere, even you can walk to Coliseum. My room was small but considering its rate this is OK, the staff are friendly and I checked in very fast, even They invited me for vine testing.
In the opposite I have to mention that the area around central station is full of immigrant and during nights you can see homeless peoples around there.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo