“Great location”
Review of Hotel Napoleon

Hotel Napoleon
Ranked #80 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Firstly paid for transfer from fco to hotel mauro was waiting with a big smile with my name on a card marked hotel Napoleon !
He was very pleasant brought us safely to our hotel just before 10 a.m I was pleased that they checked me in early Grazie !
Staff was very professional and are available to help you find your way around Rome,subway just outside 1 stop to termini which is great ,room was o.k ,bed good ,quiet on the fifth floor room 505 , colosseum is a 10min walk , evrything else is walkable if you don't wanna take the subway.

it's my last night and its 232a.m lol but I wanna get this done checking out tommorow morning I'm glad I booked
This hotel would recommend it to all btw breakfast is more than enough no problems there

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights while in Italy for 8 days. The location is great for sight seeing. There is a Subway stop right outside the Hotel door so you can very easily get to all tourist spots.

The staff are very friendly and do their best to help out in anyway they can. Its a Hotel with a very personal / family feel to it.

Our room had a King Size bed and was spotless clean. The bathroom was also spotless clean. No complaints there.

My only gripe was with the poor breakfast selection and the extra charge for real orange juice. I took this compaint to the Manager and he ensured me that he is now providing real orange juice free of charge to all customers at breakfast. He is also striving to improve the breakfast buffet.

It was good to get a personal email from him to say things were improving. I would certainly stay here again the next time I visit Rome.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review . I am happy to confirm that, at the breakfast, since few days, our staff is happy to serve the best orange juice, prepared on the moment, without supplement. As I wrote to you previously, your kind appreciation for all the other aspects of your stay makes your remarks regarding the breakfast even more significant. Some time taking a decision is not easy: we received many compliments for the breakfast, and largest part of our Guests looked satisfied. But our goal is to have all our Guests happy, and no prize is higher for us than to have nice persons who come back to the hotel Napoleon, and who help us to do always better. Persons as you. Thank you again, we all wait for your return.
Roberto Cioce manager

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We had three FANTASTIC days in Rome thanks to the staff at the Napoleon!!!!! They went out of their way to make us feel at home in every way!!!! Our room was quite and cozy. The staff was unbelievable!!!! Roberto helped us get our tickets before hand for the Vatican and gave us wonderful recommendations and suggestions for seeing the sites in Rome!!! He also had the restaurant open for us early when we departed so we could have breakfast before our long journey home. Upon completing our breakfast, he had our cab (to the airport) waiting for us!!! Unbelievable Service!!!!
The complimentary breakfast is absolutely wonderful!!! Mary goes out of her way to make everyone feel welcome!!!! The hotel also has a daily "Happy Hour" which was exactly what we needed after a long day of site seeing!!!!
Looking forward to another adventure in Rome and will definitely stay at the Napleon Hotel!!!! Job Well Done!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gardnercdc
Reviewed 11 November 2012

It was a very pleasant stay, very friendly staff, it was close to the underground tram (just opposite of the hotel).
OVS shop is next to the hotel door. (I Love it)
The concierge helped us a lot with going around Rome.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked the Napoleon Hotel for a 5 night stay in early October for my parents to mark their 40th Wedding Anniversary. I chose the hotel mainly for it's location - the proximity to Termini means easy access to trains, the metro system and the hop-on hop-off bus tours. I made an excellent choice! The staff were extremely professional in my dealings with them in advance of my parents' arrival. My parents described the hotel as '5 star', were delighted with the room they were assigned, and particularly praised the breakfast and also the hotel staff very highly. I booked a trip to Florence for them on the Friday so they missed the wine tasting, but the hotel delivered a complimentary bottle of champagne to their room on arrival which they were delighted with. Thanks so much to all the staff at the Napoleon Hotel for the hospitality and warm welcome you showed my parents. I hope I'll get the opportunity to visit Rome again myself soon (I visited in 2010 for the U2 concert in the Olympic Stadium, but sadly stayed in another hotel) so that I can experience the Napoleon Hotel for myself.

Room Tip: Florence is less than 2 hours away from Rome (Termini) by high-speed train
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you a lot for your appreciation and for this nice review.
I must say that we are grateful for the confidence you showed, booking the hotel Napoleon for a such an important and lovely occasion. It is also a great pleasure for us, because we know that it will remain a pleasant memory in your parents’ life, and this gives a special meaning to our job, as well as for the many Guests who chose the hotel Napoleon for their honey moon, birthday, wedding anniversary. Thank to all of you!
Now we wait for the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future, and we promise you our best efforts to confirm your parents' opinion.
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed here in 2004, so it was a bit cheaper than the Santina hotel that was chosen for the working group I was on, so I stayed here again. It has a lovely reception area on the promo piano above the slightly down at heel porticoed square Vitorio Emmanuelle. It is in the thick of in the Esquilino rione and served by the Vittorio Emanuele Metro station (right outside the front door).

Surrounded by palazzi with large porticoes in the 19th century style, the piazza was built by Gaetano Koch shortly after the unification of Italy. Umbertine in style, it is the largest piazza in Rome (316 x 174 metres). In the centre of the piazza is a garden with the remains of a fountain built by Alexander Severus, and the so-called "Porta Magica" (Magic Gate) or "Porta Alchemica" (Alchemist's Door), the entrance to Villa Palombara, residence of the alchemist Massimiliano II Palombara.
Santa Maria Maggiore basilica is close by, remains of severine wall, you can walk to colloseum and forum. Reasonable restaurants.

Had a smaller room on third upper floor which was fine although coffee making facilities in the room is now standard in budget hotels in UK & Ireland and U.S. No trouser press or Iron in room. But otherwise was fine with in room wif-fi although the TV channels were somewhat limited. There was only one available power socket (unless one unplugged the minibar or TV). This required a recharging rota for laptop, iphone, camera, blackberry which was a pain.

Walls thin and other reviews have remarked on being able to hear activities in adjacent rooms. However it was quiet at night.

Breakfast buffet had good choice, although more freshfruit and fresh fruit salad would be welcome. The juices were a bit 'artificial' as was the coffee, which is pity as its a false economy.

The staff are pleasent and as a tourist one can really enjoy the theatre, as a business hotel it needs to address a few things.

There are 2 desktop computers in the reception area but they a glacially slow.

Room Tip: get a superior room to the rear or inner courtyard or backs
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank PeterADH

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your appreciation, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. A special thanks for telling about some of the interesting archeological sites located just in piazza Vittorio Emanuele,
Thanks also for your kind remarks. Regarding the juices: we are happy to inform our readers that, since three days ago, fresh orange juice is available at the breakfast, without any supplement. Simply ask our staff, as for espresso, cappuccino etc. It is prepared on the moment, therefore it is the best one.
Regarding the noise coming from the next room, it could be helpful if you informed us during your stay, because we could solve the problem. I wonder if the room is the same of another recent review, we are trying to understand which one it is, maybe one or two single rooms. However we will do some test on the next days, and we will made the proper works on the next weeks. Any time should be an inconvenience, I always pray our Guests to call our staff, often we can set the inconvenience in a short time.
Regarding the computers in the lobby, I have to say that we have an high speed connection and they usually work quite fast. It could be a temporary problem, probably due to the system provider.
For last but not least, I appreciated very much the lovely irony in the title of your review. ..
Thank you again, we look forward to welcome you in the near future,
With my kindest regards

Reviewed 9 November 2012

The Napoleon is a lovely hotel. If you want an ultra-modern, flashy, impersonal hotel it is probably not for you, but if you enjoy a sense of history and 'old fashioned' friendliness and courtesy then this is the place to stay. From our first email requesting an airport transfer from Fiumcino, to our early morning departure clutching a picnic breakfast, the staff could not have been more helpful.
We were visiting with our teenage grand-daughter for her first visit to Rome and requested a triple room. We were given a lovely room with a curtained area giving her some privacy. It was great to be able to open the windows.
The hotel has an elegant lounge on the first floor with very comfortable armchairs and 2 computer stations for the use of the guests, as well as Wifi in the bedrooms. The bar drinks are very reasonably priced.
The wine tasting evening was a great opportunity to meet other guests and the staff. Roberto, the manager, is very knowledgeable on Italian wines. The following day was our grand-daughter's birthday and all the staff wished her a Happy Birthday as we passed through reception. In the evening there was a knock on the door and a member of staff stood there with a tray holding 3 glasses and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket. It was a lovely touch and I am sure a memory that will stay with her, even though her grandparents had to drink most of the wine!
The staff also gave us some great recommendations for reasonably priced restaurants in the immediate area. The Colosseum was only 10 minutes walk. We actually walked to all the sights from the hotel apart from the Vatican. We used the Metro which is literally outside the hotel and were able to buy a ticket from hotel reception saving us from holding up the queues at the ticket machines.
We enjoyed the buffet breakfast which included bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit, croissants, fresh bread rolls, toast, pastries, cold meats and cheese.
All in all we had a lovely stay at the Hotel Napoleon made extra special by the wonderful staff - a big thank you to Roberto, Franco and the rest of the team. We shall definitely be back for another visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Snow-Wight
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Guests,
I waited a little longer to respond to this nice review. I wished to enjoy the reading of it several times. I have to say that it is particularly pleasant for me and all the people of the Napoleon. You have found and described the right feeling and features of our hotel. My family and I, together with our fond staff, run the hotel with our own way, and we could not do differently. We consider the human aspect of our job, both regarding our Guests and the staff, as the most important thing. Of course it is not enough to guarantee the most enjoyable stay, and we also do all our efforts to make our Guests’ stay comfortable and agreeable , but we think that, unfortunately, many hotels in the world have lost, or seem to have lost, the pleasure and the true meaning of the hospitality. My mother often used to mention a sentence of an old book of Sinclair Lewis “ Osti yes, but gentlemen” Oste is the owner of the trattoria, or any inn in the world … a simple job, but that you can live respecting the old values, those values that you mention here. We understand very well how much a journey of two grandparents with their granddaughter can be important. Our life is made by moment, and some of them remain in the memory for all the life. We try to do the best we can to make these moments really significant, to make them really “ A nice memory”. Maybe a little romantic, but so we are… . All the best wishes to you and to your family, and thank you again.