“A comfortable stay near the colosseum”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Napoleon

Hotel Napoleon
Ranked #69 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“A comfortable stay near the colosseum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Very near the railway station and walking distance from the colosseum, this hotel is at the other end of the city than the Vatican and the centre of the city.

Our room was towards the back and faced the backs of other buildings and so did not have a good view. The room was basic, clean and comfortable. After doing Rome all day long, we needed a place to crash and it met our needs. The bathroom was clean and functional.

Breakfast buffet choices were plentiful and good. The staff was helpful. While we were there, the metro was closed, so we had to walk a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if it matters to you.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Clair Shores, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Being first time visitors to Rome and not using a tour group, it was important to us to find a hotel with a great concierge staff. We could always count on Roberto and Fabio to help us. The hotel is located very close to the subway and some great restaurants. After staying at the hotel for eight days, we felt like we were saying goodbye to friends when we left. We would not hesitate to stay here in the future. Rooms were very comfortable, and the breakfast they provided was an excellent way to start our day.

Room Tip: The superior rooms have a little more room than the standard rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

Firstly paid for transfer from fco to hotel mauro was waiting with a big smile with my name on a card marked hotel Napoleon !
He was very pleasant brought us safely to our hotel just before 10 a.m I was pleased that they checked me in early Grazie !
Staff was very professional and are available to help you find your way around Rome,subway just outside 1 stop to termini which is great ,room was o.k ,bed good ,quiet on the fifth floor room 505 , colosseum is a 10min walk , evrything else is walkable if you don't wanna take the subway.

it's my last night and its 232a.m lol but I wanna get this done checking out tommorow morning I'm glad I booked
This hotel would recommend it to all btw breakfast is more than enough no problems there

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sligo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights while in Italy for 8 days. The location is great for sight seeing. There is a Subway stop right outside the Hotel door so you can very easily get to all tourist spots.

The staff are very friendly and do their best to help out in anyway they can. Its a Hotel with a very personal / family feel to it.

Our room had a King Size bed and was spotless clean. The bathroom was also spotless clean. No complaints there.

My only gripe was with the poor breakfast selection and the extra charge for real orange juice. I took this compaint to the Manager and he ensured me that he is now providing real orange juice free of charge to all customers at breakfast. He is also striving to improve the breakfast buffet.

It was good to get a personal email from him to say things were improving. I would certainly stay here again the next time I visit Rome.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review . I am happy to confirm that, at the breakfast, since few days, our staff is happy to serve the best orange juice, prepared on the moment, without supplement. As I wrote to you previously, your kind appreciation for all the other aspects of your stay makes your remarks regarding the breakfast even more significant. Some time taking a decision is not easy: we received many compliments for the breakfast, and largest part of our Guests looked satisfied. But our goal is to have all our Guests happy, and no prize is higher for us than to have nice persons who come back to the hotel Napoleon, and who help us to do always better. Persons as you. Thank you again, we all wait for your return.
Roberto Cioce manager
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We had three FANTASTIC days in Rome thanks to the staff at the Napoleon!!!!! They went out of their way to make us feel at home in every way!!!! Our room was quite and cozy. The staff was unbelievable!!!! Roberto helped us get our tickets before hand for the Vatican and gave us wonderful recommendations and suggestions for seeing the sites in Rome!!! He also had the restaurant open for us early when we departed so we could have breakfast before our long journey home. Upon completing our breakfast, he had our cab (to the airport) waiting for us!!! Unbelievable Service!!!!
The complimentary breakfast is absolutely wonderful!!! Mary goes out of her way to make everyone feel welcome!!!! The hotel also has a daily "Happy Hour" which was exactly what we needed after a long day of site seeing!!!!
Looking forward to another adventure in Rome and will definitely stay at the Napleon Hotel!!!! Job Well Done!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gardnercdc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

It was a very pleasant stay, very friendly staff, it was close to the underground tram (just opposite of the hotel).
OVS shop is next to the hotel door. (I Love it)
The concierge helped us a lot with going around Rome.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked the Napoleon Hotel for a 5 night stay in early October for my parents to mark their 40th Wedding Anniversary. I chose the hotel mainly for it's location - the proximity to Termini means easy access to trains, the metro system and the hop-on hop-off bus tours. I made an excellent choice! The staff were extremely professional in my dealings with them in advance of my parents' arrival. My parents described the hotel as '5 star', were delighted with the room they were assigned, and particularly praised the breakfast and also the hotel staff very highly. I booked a trip to Florence for them on the Friday so they missed the wine tasting, but the hotel delivered a complimentary bottle of champagne to their room on arrival which they were delighted with. Thanks so much to all the staff at the Napoleon Hotel for the hospitality and warm welcome you showed my parents. I hope I'll get the opportunity to visit Rome again myself soon (I visited in 2010 for the U2 concert in the Olympic Stadium, but sadly stayed in another hotel) so that I can experience the Napoleon Hotel for myself.

Room Tip: Florence is less than 2 hours away from Rome (Termini) by high-speed train
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you a lot for your appreciation and for this nice review.
I must say that we are grateful for the confidence you showed, booking the hotel Napoleon for a such an important and lovely occasion. It is also a great pleasure for us, because we know that it will remain a pleasant memory in your parents’ life, and this gives a special meaning to our job, as well as for the many Guests who chose the hotel Napoleon for their honey moon, birthday, wedding anniversary. Thank to all of you!
Now we wait for the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future, and we promise you our best efforts to confirm your parents' opinion.
Kind regards